Going to be lean for awhile guys-

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hope he had corrective shoes on last time, and it was a battle to get them on. It caused him so much pain because he was so sore and they were just hammering nails into a sore feet. If I can at all avoid this process this time, I hope to.

Oh and Tammie, I do know about the equine transfer factor, but Race is on a bunch of different holistic stuff at the moment so I want to keep that going- but thank you-

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MaryAnn, my pony Spec is about 30 years old, and 2 years ago she recovered from founder. She is doing well now, we keep her on light feed so she doesn't get fat, but she doesn't limp or anything. The Bute might cause an ulcer long term, but that is treatable too.

Spec no longer takes Bute, and hasn't for quite a while. She gets a dose occasionally if she seems stiff in the morning, but otherwise she has been fine for a long time off meds. She was already "out to pasture" when she foundered, so I know it is different with Racer, who is in the prime of his life. Here's a pic of her. She is the pinto with a lot of white, behind the big brown quarter horse Babe!

Keep your hopes up. God has shown you a clear miracle in Racer's progress. We are together in this with you, for a miracle healing for Racer, and wisdom for you in making his medical choices for him. And peace of mind, that you are not alone.

ccoccocats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

Hmm I thought I just posted this- but can't find it- with my brain dead attitude I probably put it on another post unrelated-

At any rate, here is Racer taken this morning

Hissy, Racer is absolutely gorgeous!
What a beauty!
How old is he? I've loved horses all my life but never knew about them much. I'm not sure it was told what is wrong, or what started what is wrong with him, but all I know is Racer, standing there on his own, standing tall and proud defied all odds.

So, this said....I now pray my prayer for you both:

Thank You Dear God for keeping Racer alive and for working your way through Mary Anne to regain Racer's strength. Please continue to help him to recover, to grow stronger and heal his injuries so that he may have back the strength and agility and health he did before this injury. I also pray to You, Dear Lord, in helping Mary Anne by giving her strength, wisdom, patience, and knowledge, combined with her endless love, for Racer to give them both back their lives as they knew it. So that they may have many more years together, caring for one another in their own way. Please hear my prayer. God Bless and watch over Mary Anne and Racer. Amen.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I swear he almost has a pleased look on his face...it's wonderful to see him standing.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Actually his eyes are glazed over with pain which is why they are half shut- that and he had just had a dose of banamine. Tonight he came in with a slight limp, but he came in on his own speed. Usually, I have to go and fetch him and walk slowly with him to the barn.

Katie, your pony is gorgeous and I am glad that the recovery was complete. My farrier has a saying Once foundered, twice easy, twice foundered, third guaranteed.
All I can do is my best.

Cheryl, thank you for your sweet prayer, from your keyboard to God's ears and Racer is 9 years old- he was born on April 15, 1996

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*HUGS for Ma and Racer!*

I agree with the farrier, we watch Vixen very very closely since she foundered. She is doing very very well on allt he spring pasture grass, no sign of founder, but she does not get much grain, just enough to give her some mare supplements she needs. My farrier says, in all the horses he has seen founder, the Arabians seem to bounce back well, and stay well. I agree, but than of course there is a lovely boy at our barn named Gunner who is in the thralls of a bad founder right now

Heres Vixen, while recovering from founder at an "inbetween farm" and not to long from popping either..

Her and Baby, feeling much better..Laira was only a day old in this photo..

Vixen now..

Laira Now

Have faith Ma! have faith!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have faith and you have beautiful horses! How many acres do you have?

scamperfarms

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks. Thats just two heh i have two others, and Ms vixen has a lovely little bundle on the way due in april. right now they are boarded, they have about 15 acres.

We are hopeing on having 10 by sept of our very own
that actually looks very similar to their land, and is only a few blocks up the road!

wellingtoncats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mary Anne, I don't pray - so the most I can offer you is my love and support and kind thoughts. I believe in vibes too so they will be on your way.

mzjazz2u

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to michigan in a couple weeks (in a wheel chair of course) and will take bunches of pictures. My sister has a small ranch on a beautiful piece of property. I can't wait to see all her horses.

turtlecat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
MA, How's Race this morning.. I'm hoping you're getting some of the heat we've got here to get Racer's blood going!

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I missed the post to pray but I am saying my prayers for the continued improvement of your beautiful Racer and to give you strength to handle it all!! Prayers do work, I am convinced. Praise the Lord for the improvement so far!

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
He is bad this morning again- but that is founder. One time the horse will be doing good, and then the next minute he crashes. The vet will be here this afternoon to take radiographs and see how much the coffin bone has rotated. It got really cold last night,and that could be why he isn't walking this morning- who knows-

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry MA. So many are praying for you and Racer. You are in my thoughts a great deal, and I do hope it is good news this afternoon.

crittergirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by hissy

He is bad this morning again- but that is founder. One time the horse will be doing good, and then the next minute he crashes. The vet will be here this afternoon to take radiographs and see how much the coffin bone has rotated. It got really cold last night,and that could be why he isn't walking this morning- who knows-
How's Racer doing today MA?

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bump:
In about 28 minutes it is time to be in prayer together again for Racer and Hissy. Let's all keep offering our love and support to them!

beckiboo

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:bump:
This is a long recovery process for Racer. The more people who pray, send an encouraging word, and just offer support to Hissy and Racer, the better.

I know everyone is pulling for Racer, I just wanted :bump: this up to the top again as a little reminder!

And Hissy, we are here for you.
I know you will post as soon as you have any good news.