Going to be lean for awhile guys-

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Racer has foundered again, so I am going to be occupied with getting him well again. I won't be around much so I just wanted to let you know why. This time, this is a chemical founder brought on by medication that was supposed to help him. I am weaning him off the meds as I speak and we bought in a 195 yards of sand for him to take the pressure off his feet. Those of you with horses in your life, know some of what I am facing at the moment.

There is really no need to reply to this thread. It's just a general information post for those here-

All you guys were great last time when he foundered, and so I know that good wishes follow us. This time it is bad right from the start, but hopefully, I have caught it early enough-
Keeping good thoughts-

MA

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear Hissy, every time I call in there is something bad happening to you.
Please Racer get well vey quickly for your Mom. Prayers and thoughts with you Hissy.

pinkdaisy226

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by WellingtonCats

MA I know you said there is really no need to reply but I feel this is. Keeping you and Racer in my thoughts! We'll miss you.
Exactly. Good luck with everything, I will be thinking of both of you and please, keep us updated.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Just an update- going against conventional medications this time, because conventional meds is what started this in the first place.

I have put Racer on a holistic mixture that consists of different tinctures designed to support the immune system, flush out kidneys, destroy bacteria and support the blood flow and help strengthen the muscles. He is also getting Zinc, magnesium, MSM and Silicea as well as a special powder from China called Jiaogulan which will enable me to take him off Bute.

He gets creek soaks for 20 minutes twice a day, followed up by a good hot foot soak with Epsom Salts and GSE- He is spending most of his time lying down on the sand hill- but that's okay, he shouldn't have weight on his feet anyway. He spends the rest of the time standing on the hill of sand so that his front feet are not really supporting him, just his rear. No corrective shoes this time either. My mind is made up- it is holistic all the way-