Get Ready....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
I can't imagine what you guys up in Canada are living through this winter. I'd be ready to jump off a cliff by now (although I'd probably end up in a mound of snow or something, with the way it is there). And even in the midwest. I don't know how you're doing with all the cold and the snow. The last couple major snow storms either went to the north or to the south of us.....we lucked out, either with nothing or with rain.

We are to get about an inch or so of snow tonight into Monday morning. And then snow showers turning into rain showers on Wednesday this coming week. But by week's end, we are to be hitting 50 again with sun, so hopefully (HOPEFULLY), we're nearing the end of this miserable excuse of a winter.

Still really breezy around this morning, but the sun is shining and it looks nice outside, even if it isn't. We're at 29 F right now, so we should get above freezing by this afternoon.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Last week it poured and stormed. Yesterday in winter clothing today in summer. Go figure.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Major snow storm happening here for the past 3 or 4 hours so far!  It is a complete whiteout outside my window. I can't see anything.

Not to mention freezing cold. I have my heat turned up and I'm still cold!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh Natalie. Wrap up and pray for the power to stay on. I think everyone has had their fill of snow this winter.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
People are taking everything in stride here, and there is a little levity in the air. Almost as if people are starting to realize there WILL be an end to this winter.

A few people posted pictures on our local weather site. One was a lady who had to dig herself out, and the snow was so deep in the drifts that she made a tunnel to walk though!

Another couple spray-painted red tulips on their snow banks 

And another guy posted a pic of himself sitting on his back deck, up to his armpits in snow in only a pair of shorts, drinking a beer. He titled it "Spring Break", lol.

Last edited:

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Funny!  I've heard of putting water colored with food coloring in spray bottles and letting kids "paint" in the snow.  I'm ready to try that myself.  We got another dumping on and my poor son was having a hard time walking in it in his snow gear.  I ended up shoveling him a loop on our back patio because he just kept falling in the snow and then getting his face in it trying to stand back up.  I have green grass under the snow somewhere. 

I am getting less "worked up" over these storms.  It is ridiculous; but what can I do ya know?  It helps that we've had some really beautiful days in between. The snow melts, the grass starts turning, birds are flocking, the early spring blooms start...ahhh...  Nice! Then the snow comes. Then it melts.  Repeat.  It's almost comical.
  I hope DH gets in at a decent hour tonight.  It's not fun for him either. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Calling for freezing rain this morning, but I made it to work without any problems or anything. On my way in, I noticed that the road had been treated, so it probably won't be too bad if it does rain.

Hang in there, Linda.....someday spring really will come.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They are talking about another freezing blast for us on Monday night. Can't put up the turtlenecks and sweaters yet.

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hear you!!

We were supposed to get 4 cm of snow Thursday night, but it missed us!  But we went from -6 Celsius on Thursday to -30 Celsius Friday, and now into the minus 20's for the next week.  Super long range forecast is showing that we will still be in the minus temperatures until mid-April!!!!!!!!!

I'm so angry and frustrated by this weather that I just want to scream loudly until I lose my voice!  My insides are all knotted up. 

I have SAD, and this is a very bad year for me. And UV lighting isn't doing a darn thing this year. It's a seriously bad case of cabin fever!  I would normally have increased my antidepressant for the winter, but I'm on the strongest dose of the medication I am taking and I don't want to mess around with trying to add something new, so I've been suffering it out.  I did have to go part time at work at the beginning of February because I just couldn't make it through the week at work without a mid-week break, without feeling like I was going to have a melt down.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I took the driveway markers down a few days ago, so now they are talking blizzard. :dk:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Supposedly, something funky is headed our way for Tuesday....snow or ice, not sure which.

This is the winter that won't die.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
They can't make up their mind for us.  It's either a mix or snow for us.  Blah blag blah.  My neighbor's dafodills are up and looking so cheery even from a distance.  They sit back from the road a good bit but they are still so nice!

I was thinking; I still need to finish getting my kid's outfits for Easter.  I'm thinking I better find some closed shoes for DD; no sandals this year.  My husband was saying in another couple of weeks we can probably take one of the blankets off the bed.  I told him "we can hope."  I said the same thing when he was talking about the lawn....

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Supposedly, something funky is headed our way for Tuesday....snow or ice, not sure which.

This is the winter that won't die.
That is the truth. We are forecasted for cold something, iffy whether it be rain or ice.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My neighbor's dafodills are up and looking so cheery even from a distance.  They sit back from the road a good bit but they are still so nice!
They'd have to have stalks 8 feet long to be up here.