Found Abandoned Kitten!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
At 5 1/2 weeks I can't say much about how amazingly wonderful he's been.
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He eats solid food like a champ
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He weighs 21.6 oz (615g, 1.3 lbs)
[emoji]9642[/emoji]LOVES his bottle still
[emoji]9642[/emoji]Loves to cuddle and get pets.
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He much prefers sleeping with me, having some sort of contact. When I put him in his crate at night, I wake up with him already looking out the mesh window. He's always so excited to leave the thing.
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He's getting so big, so fast.
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He jumps, runs, and stalks. He loves to pounce on me when he's on my bed. He also loves to get tangled in my hair. :lol3:
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He recently started playing with lazors and feathers.
[emoji]9642[/emoji]My brother's dog Lacey is in love with him. She's constantly cleaning him. ;)
[emoji]9642[/emoji]He's also using the litter box fully. I love when he jumps in there, plays a bit, digs a hole, then pees or poos in it. He's too cute to watch grow. :woohoo:

All in all, he's had a happy, spoiled life so far. He's almost 6 weeks and has more toys than he could ever want. :p

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I'm in love with your kitty! I am also glad he is spoiled rotten! It makes my heart so happy! :)

If he's not ill, why not wait and take him in at 8 weeks for his first shots? That's the norm with the vet.

Love this report! :)

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128518[/emoji]

I have followed your little guy from the very first post. You have done an AMAZING job!!!! He's no longer this tiny vulnerable kitten--he's a little cat!! And OH I am in LOOOVE!!! [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji][emoji]128077[/emoji]

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha! Like like how you all look forward to his updates. :)

*drumroll*
Little Love Muffin is 6 weeks old! I can't believe how fast he has grown. He's getting so long and meaty. He weights 23.4 oz.

♡He's still a bit fussy from teething.
♡He started to whine, recently, for the sake of whining. I can tell the difference between when he needs or wants something, from when he wants to just talk. He'll just make small meows and bounces around the room. He's very vocal at times.
♡He absolutely LOVES feathers. He charges, pounces, and jumps for the suckers. I have a small little cubical in my room for him, which I hung feathers from. He lays down on and whacks them.
♡He's starting to eat canned food more often, opting to have a bottle 2-3 times a day.
♡He uses the litter box, but I notice hell go in the corner just to spite me for leaving him in my room to go get his food. He has such an attitude. Haha.
♡I swear, in a pass life he was royalty. He'll just lay down with this look on his face, and just tap his tail against whatever he lays upon. Again, he has attitude. I love him for it.
♡He's starting to play more, mostly in the middle of the night. I swear he's trying to give me facial piercings. I wake up with him tapping my face to play, and him nibbling on my eyebrows and lips. He also tries to get a few more ear piercings. His time for play is usually when I sleep. I feel his little paws all over my face at that time. I just like it when he's running about my room, then drops down and sleeps for a few hours. :)
♡He has made a best friend out of my younger brother's dog. He gets made when she cleans him, but you can so tell he secretly likes it. :p

I'm still working on his name. I'll get back in a few days with it chosen. :D

I love this last picture. He's just too cute.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Be prepared for months of "I wanna play in the middle of the night, Mom" stuff as he matures. This is natural for a cat - to be nocturnal. It will drive you crazy, so be prepared to wear him out a little before bedtime with a stick toy. It's why kittens are best adopted in pairs sometimes - so they have a playmate! :)

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, he is just so gorgeous! I think I'd forgive anything for disturbing my sleep if it were as cute as him.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's too too gorgeous. I love the picture where he's sitting with his little back to the camera. You can't take a bad picture of him. He can come and wake me up to play any time.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Haha! I don't mind him waking me up. I could always take naps with him throughout the day, since he eats every 6 hrs, if he did.

Anyhow, a question for a picture--more like some advice needed for a picture: (anyone who can give me tips is a life saver!)

I can't seem to get this little one to drink water! He doesn't pay any mind to the bowl I have out for him. I change it everyday,too.
Anyone have tips, knacks, for getting kittens to learn how to drink water? I tried putting his milk in there, and he passes that up too. :( He just doesn't like it.
I'm in love with this picture. I had to share it, too. He's just so goofy! I caught him mid-lick to his chest. ;p

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Blue ribbon at the county fair with that picture! What a little silly-billy he is! :)

Have you tried dipping his front paw in the dish? Splashing it around a little?

He will eventually drink from a dish though - no worries! He's getting fluid from his wet food and bottle still.

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats eat canned food only with spring water added to it and never drink water from bowl, only what's on top of food.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aww, such sweetness! Its been such a pleasure to have seen him blossom from such a weak little baby into the fine kitten he is now.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you afford one of those fountain waterers? Some cats prefer them. If your kitten drinks from running tap water (thin stream), then chances are he'd like a fountain waterer too.

Last edited: