Found Abandoned Kitten!

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! I don't mind him waking me up. I could always take naps with him throughout the day, since he eats every 6 hrs, if he did.

Anyhow, a question for a picture--more like some advice needed for a picture: (anyone who can give me tips is a life saver!)

I can't seem to get this little one to drink water! He doesn't pay any mind to the bowl I have out for him. I change it everyday,too.
Anyone have tips, knacks, for getting kittens to learn how to drink water? I tried putting his milk in there, and he passes that up too. :( He just doesn't like it.
I'm in love with this picture. I had to share it, too. He's just so goofy! I caught him mid-lick to his chest. ;p
No words. I've no words. Look at his littleeeyes

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll have to see about the tuna water. But we don't have tuna at the moment. I just don't want him getting hooked on fish, 'cause I don't want to feed him much of it. Maybe 1 can of fish kitten food a month, when he's older.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can tell he is so proud of himself!

I love the way he runs into his "house", and also the way his little legs go out behind him when he's flat on his tummy!

Too cute! :)

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hmm.... I was reading how you described him and the name, Leonidas, from the movie 300 came to mind, or maybe just call him Sparta.

"I swear, in a pass life he was royalty. He'll just lay down with this look on his face, and just tap his tail against whatever he lays upon. Again, he has attitude. I love him for it."

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As long as he's eating wet food and still taking a bottle he probably don't need as much water. I had to wet Luci's paw when I was working with her on learning how to drink out of a bowl. Of course she had 2 older "brothers" that she would watch and learn from.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll have to see about the tuna water. But we don't have tuna at the moment. I just don't want him getting hooked on fish, 'cause I don't want to feed him much of it. Maybe 1 can of fish kitten food a month, when he's older.
You can eat the tuna and give him the water.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is another treat for you guys! I love the way he hops and slides everywhere! :DD

Sigh. I'd love to have him. He's so gorgeous. That's the only adjective I can think of when talking about him and I love his colouring.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
☆Little story☆

I couldn't find him earlier today. I was calling him and everything. My mom and I tore up my room looking for him. I knew he was in there somewhere, and he was. He was in the least place I was expecting--but the most obvious place for a cat. He was in my bottom drawer. He climbed in from underneath, so when I opened it, he was all:
"Oh, sh*t. Who turned on the lights?"
His face was so funny. I wish I got a pic of it. :p he scared me half to death looking for him, though. My room is tiny. He didn't have many places to be.

Last edited:

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
If I've learned anything with my cats, it's that they will always find somewhere to hide. You can think you know all the hiding place, but nope. Mine, Nyx impaticular, always disappear and gives me a heart attack lol.

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, do watch out for him crawling into dryers, fridges and just about anywhere else that he can wedge under/behind or inside. Any name yet?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They are little Houdini's all right! :)

One of mine did that recently too! In a drawer below the entertainment center. I heard mewing. She had climbed in from underneath as well and could not figure out how to get out. Just be careful opening the drawer so you don't knock his head off.

It does give you a scare though, doesn't it? :)

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
N nansiludie He doesn't walk around the house yet. He has free reign of my room, soon the hallway too. I don't want him walking around out there yet. We have 4 dogs and they dwarf him. They could squish him while I'm not looking. My brother's dog has less time in the room right now because of a similar reason. She stepped on him because she was over excited. :(

Sarthur2 Sarthur2 The drawer is pretty deep. But I did open it slow in fear of just that. I hardly ever open it, though. It houses my jeans I rarely use. Other than that, that is the only drawer he can get into.

I do, in fact, have a name. I'll reveal it tomorrow for 1/2 week update. My parents were pretty stubborn on the name choice, but I got to tweak it a bit. :) He'll still have lots of nicknames though. Our dogs have lots, too.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, good. I'll be waiting then to see the great naming of him. He's such a cute fella.

mindyl3igh

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I just wanted to stop by and say you have done such a great job with this sweet kitten! I have read all of the pages and I am so happy he has you...what an angel you were for him! I just found a newborn kitten on 6/26 in the middle of the road, screaming, and covered in fleas...and after struggling with her losing some weight,  sweet Sarthur2 recommended I switch to powdered formula and this sweet baby gladly accepted the bottle tonight for the very first time, instead of the dropper or syringe...and she finally ate like I've been seeing all these little sweet week old kittens eat on youtube! She went from me struggling to get 3cc down to suckling 4.2 down all by herself. She was obviously really excited and proud of herself as well. Did her first little "purr" attempts after. Your little boy is so precious and you inspire me! Keep up the amazing work. He is one lucky cutie!

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm glad his story can help in any way. Many of us know first-hand the worries of raising such tiny babies, my knowledge being obtained recently.
I check over at your thread and I have to say, your little one is such a cutie. :)
A bit of advice: Don't be afraid to ask even the most outrageous queations. It could save your kitten's life, help out in a stressful situation, or, simply, give you reassurance. :D

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay! Mid-week update!

This little Love Muffin is 1.5 lbs (25.5 oz, 724 grams) and he is 6 1/2 weeks old. :clap: :D

×So this little guy has found numerous hiding spots. In my Jean drawer, on the rails of my bed, under my desk. He likes the drawer so much, I emptied it out and filled it with his blankets. He seems to love that more than anything.
×He's also so chatty. He'll sit there and make a let out a choppy meow for no reason.
×He loves to lay on my chest as I sleep. He was curled around my neck last night. He also waits for me to go to sleep. I moved a sleeping bag, 6 pillows, a quilt, and my blanket to the floor since he doesn't like sleeping by himself. I don't trust a fall from my bed, since it's up high, so I'll be sleeping on the floor with him until he's a bit bigger.
×He tried the fish flavor of the Natural Choice this morning. He loved it. I only have him enough to taste. Speaking of feeding. He's leaned that, when my alarm goes off at night, he eats. It's really cute. I also have a gate in front of my door. So when I leave to get his food, he meows for me to hurry.
×He's fully litter trained. He hides him poo so well under the litter, too. I literally have to dig around for it. :p