Found Abandoned Kitten!

bonepicker

Animal Lover Extraordinare
Top Cat
Purraise
So I think starting him on a small amount of canned food was a good call. He's pooped 3 times already. They keep getting softer each time. He also seems to have a lot more energy, too. He was climbing on everything on my bed and being a typical curious kitty--trying to see what was overy the ledge of my bed.

Here's a pic of him in action.
he looks like Ceasar

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the name suggestions! You all are wonderful. I'm going to wait a bit more before naming him. I want to see his personality more before then. He's changing everyday. So far he loves to cuddle with me. :) He also loves to be held.

flaviomi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is definitely a he? that will also be important before naming kkkkkkk

For sure a name he/she already have is lucky!

I was reading all the topic and i am completely impressed by all the hard work you had. Congratulations is the minimum to say here.

All the best!!!

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm 95% sure he's a he. :)
I put the work in because I love cats, animals in general. It was hard at first, and I hardly ate--lost like 7 lbs, but everything is all good now. It was my first time taking care of a neonatal kitten, and I'd gladly do it again to see them grown and develop.
My mom even joked and told me "welcome to motherhood." Haha.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So! At 4 weeks, the little Love Muffin weighs 15.7 oz. He's getting so big, though he's still tiny.

×He's better on his feet.
×He started grooming himself--also used his back leg to scratch himself for the first time yesterday.
×His teeth are coming through more.
×He really likes sold food. He tends to bite the nipple of the bottle even more now, and is eating 4 tsps along with a little bit of canned food every 4-6 hrs.
×He's learning how to sit like a kitty, too.
×He much prefers sleep still, but gets up every now-and-then to play or stare at me. He also rarely cries, only when he knows he's about to be fed.
×He's also getting meaty. His little arms are so thick. He's most likely going to be a big kitty.
×He now moves his tail like crazy. It's always wrapping around my wrist when I hold him.
×Lastly, his eyes are a dark blue-gray right now.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Awww! Love Muffin is almost one pound! Right on target for weight at 4 weeks. Love the pic with his paws tucked under. That's a true pose of contentment! :)

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
stewball stewball Thank you very much. He is quite the handsome kitty indeed.

Last edited:

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He is handsome.  I know all about handsome kitties.  BTW my DD name her (my) cat Eclipse.  I call him Handsome, Handsomest and Kitty.  He answers to all 4.  Who says your cat only needs one name? Well besides the vet?  But mine has both names listed.

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

He is handsome.  I know all about handsome kitties.  BTW my DD name her (my) cat Eclipse.  I call him Handsome, Handsomest and Kitty.  He answers to all 4.  Who says your cat only needs one name? Well besides the vet?  But mine has both names listed.
Several years ago I had a beautiful Maine Coon show up at my house. He belonged to the gentleman across the street but I didn't know his name and called him Handsome. He would always come to me when I called him so I assumed he liked the name.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Little mid-week update.
After hitting day 31, he shot out of his crate ready to play. He's a little monster. It's too cute. :)

•He's 32 days old today. Such a big, big boy.
•He refuses to get stimulated by me. He want to go by himself now. Coincidentally, he chose that spot to be on my bed. I was mad for about 2 seconds before he stared up at me and meowed. He looked so proud of himself. I'll be moving his crate to the floor soon.--when he turns 5 weeks
•He climbed for the first time yesterday! :clap:

~quick story~
he was playing on my bed, going all crazy and running everywhere, when he randomly decided he wanted to climb his crate. I took him down after he got up. I didn't want him to fall (even though he was on my bed.) After about 5 more minutes of playing he climbed back up. I left him that time to see what he was going to do. *Haha* Again he looked proud of himself. I was curious, though, as to why he wanted up there. The next thing I know he's winding up a pounce, moving his little butt to do his first jump--WHICH WAS A MAJOR FAIL, btw.
I guess he was interested in my wall of dream catchers, because he jumped at the wall, quickly falling down to my bed. It was too weird, cute, and funny. Of course I checked to see if he was fine--which he was. All I keep replaying in my mind his his little butt moving. :p

Two videos of the little one! I'll most likely start vlogging some videos of the little one soon.
1: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

2: [VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Too cute! He is starting to play like a cat! He will only get cuter and cuter from now on.

How is he doing with his soft food? Eating lots?

He will want to begin sleeping in bed with you soon too! :)

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2

He eats 1/4 of a 3oz can every other bottle. He used to eat only half, but now he eats the full saucer's full and about half his bottle (which is about 12-15cc.)

I can't wait until I can snuggle up with him. Right now he's still young, so he sleeps more than he plays. But when he starts playing for most of the day, then crashes, I'll be waiting with my lap free. He's already so spoiled. 

I can't seem to get him to use the litter box, though. Anyone have any tips?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you putting him in it when he wakes from his naps and before and after every meal? Try taking a little paw and helping him "dig". Is it close by and easily accessible? Is it a kitten-sized pan?

Try putting some of his own waste in there so he smells it to help give him a clue. He is just at the tip of when they learn the litter box since he just recently began eating on his own. Most kittens have an instinct for digging and covering, so it shouldn't be too much longer! :)

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How sweet! This little guy really is blossoming under your care. Such a journey to be on with him. I am glad that you shared it with us. I will say, that with him, both of you will have an extra special bond. I have one with my little Friskies and his sister Miss Kitty, Friskies though, is a real- mamas boy. 
 I was wondering if you decided on a name for him?

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He's really sweet. I love that wriggle bottom thing. My blighty does it and he's got a big bottom!
Be careful with your hands and fingers. He'll think they're toys to be bitten etc and then he'll grow into a bitey cat. So cute when he falls over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He's so adorable. That video of him wobbling around really made my day. How are his tabby stripes coming in? He looks black and white in your latest pictures but I guess in sunlight you can see his tabby pattern?

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sarthur2 Sarthur2
I do that, but he doesn't pay the litter box any mind. I used a small storage container and cut down one side. I scratch his paws in the litter but he just gives a small meow and walks away. :( He has no interest in it whatsoever.

N nansiludie
Me, being me, I still haven't named him. I'm waiting for him to grow into his personality a bit more. I want to give him a cool name, ya know? Rebel, Bones, Khaos, Kastor, those are some of the names I've been looking at. I haven't completely ruled out "human" names for him, though. I just don't want the generic kitty names: Spot, Lucky, Miracle, Gizmo, etc. This little one is a mama's boy too. For now, I call him "Love Muffin," "Gum Drops," or "Baby Kitty."

stewball stewball
I don't really let him bite my fingers. I normally just wrestle him around, then put a toy there when he bites. :D

Norachan Norachan
His tabby stripes are mostly spots, actually. He has spots, and some stripes, inside patches. :p Down the back of his head are a few stripes. He's still black and white, though the black is a lighter shade now. I'm glad his prancing around made your day. He's such a cutie.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Keep trying with the litter box, he'll get it soon!

He's able to learn his name now too, once you decide.