Found Abandoned Kitten!

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am feeding canned. I did feed dry but I started having males with urinary issues. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
N nansiludie
He'll be mostly on canned food, partly on dry. I got him Nutro's Natural Choice. We used to get that brand for our dogs, but my mom changed it to Nature's Recipe because it was the only one they'd eat.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So, my parents want to name him Khaos, but I think he might be a "Kastor." Only because he's casting his little spell on all of us. :)

As for an update:

♡I haven't weighed him yet today, but yesterday he was 13.6 oz. So he might be 14.something today.
♡He is 25 days old today. :) 3 days until he's 4 weeks. Such a big boy!
♡He seems to want to cuddle a lot more now. He rather sleep on my chest or arm then in his warm, comfy crate. I keep him in there when I sleep, though. He's far too tiny to sleep out in the open yet.
♡His adorable little teeth are out more. He's teething like crazy. He loves nibbling on my fingers. The teeth are out so that I can feel them enough, but I'm used to cat bites. They hardly hurt.
♡I might start the weaning process a bit early. He is starting to chew on the nipple, though he refuses to take milk from a bowl. He smelled the milk and dunked his face and paws into the bowl, only to go for the empty bottle next to him.
♡He played for the first time yesterday. It was only for a few seconds before he fell asleep, but he wobbly pounced a bundle of blankets and nibbled on them.
♡His ears are open and erect. They are so tiny and cute. They move like crazy and he is SO curious. His eyes are also bright and big. Teehee. They're starting to lighten into the kitten blue color now. They're still relatively dark, though.
♡And, finally, he walks so much better now. When it's time to feed him I just unzip the crate, and he walks out. He sits up better too. He seems to want to try and run, though it always results in a face full of blankets.

That's all for today. He'll have another update on Friday! Look forward to seeing him even bigger than now.

Here are some pics of him this week! He's growing so fast! *sniffles*

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He is so darn adorable it makes my heart do flips! It is exciting that he is almost 4 weeks old and walking and starting to play and getting close to weighing a pound! He will soon be running and climbing and exploring everything and ready to sleep in bed with you! As quickly as you decide on a name and begin using it consistently he will learn it and answer to it. You'll be surprised at how fast things begin to happen over the next couple of weeks. He sure has come a long way since your mom found him cold and near-death in the middle of the road. This is such a heart-warming story! :)

PS: See if he is ready to lick wet food from your finger.

Last edited:

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would recommend you not let him bite your fingers, even in play, its cute now but it will not be when he is older with grown cat teeth, I did learn that the hard way. Also I would also let him nurse until at least 6 weeks and supplement with food when he is ready, along with the bottle because kittens weaned too early, do tend to have little issues, like nursing blankets and shirts when older. He is such a cute little guy. You've done really great by him. He's getting so big. 

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
N nansiludie Oh, yeah! I'll be giving him formula until I run out of it. He'll be at least 6-7 weeks when that happens. I'm just going to give him a little bit of canned food between feedings to get him used to it. His teeth have broken through his gums quite a lot where he could eat mushy dry food if I chose to give it to him. He is starting to chew the nipple of the bottle and lick at it, so I'm going to introduce canned food a little at a time. He also still has the a little constipation problem that the solid food might help with. Oil and liquid formula haven't helped him at all.

He mostly nibbles on my finger through the blanket. I guess it makes his gums feel better.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Okay!
So I tried giving him a very small amount of canned food before his bottle. Let me tell you, he scarfed it down like a hungry baby. It was only a little but he managed to get it all over his little face, paws, forehead, and neck. He seems to like it a lot. He also drank his full bottle and was completely silent after he was done. He peed a lot then went straight to bed with his little mouth open.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I love that picture of him! Glad to hear he'd doing so well. He sounds like he's very keen to move on to the canned food doesn't he? Got to put those new teeth to good use.

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So I think starting him on a small amount of canned food was a good call. He's pooped 3 times already. They keep getting softer each time. He also seems to have a lot more energy, too. He was climbing on everything on my bed and being a typical curious kitty--trying to see what was overy the ledge of my bed.

Here's a pic of him in action.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He certainly sounds like he was ready! He looks like an adorable little plush toy kitty! :)

Last edited:

magiksgirl

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
OMG! He's growing so fast! I've following his progress since the beginning.

Thank you for all you've done for him! 

PS: Did you happen to pick out a name for him yet?

nikkykay

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
magiksgirl magiksgirl
I can't seem to name him. ┰┰ ω ┰┰
I haven't found the name. As of now, my parents are rooting for the name Khaos. I like it a lot, but it doesn't quite fit him. He seems like he'd have a cool, original, and strong name. Something mystical or enchanting. He loves to just stare and analyze things, too. It's too cute to watch.

Maybe it's just me, but I like odd names for pets. My dog's name is Spike. Lol.

Last edited:

kntrygrl256

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@MagiksGirl
I haven't found the name. As of now, my parents are rooting for the name Khaos. I like it a lot, but it doesn't quite fit him. He seems like he'd have a cool, original, and strong name. Something mystical or enchanting. He loves to just stare and analyze things, too. It's too cute to watch.

I was looking back at you post about Kaster and was thinking about Merlin (because he has cast a spell over all of us and he is so strong at heart and soul)

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
@MagiksGirl

Here's a link for mystical cat names:  http://allcatsnames.com/mystical-cat-names

And strong cat names:  http://icatnames.com/StrongCatNamesForMaleKittens.aspx

faeleen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some possible names:
Styx – The mythological river between Earth and Hades
Aslan – Chronicles of Narnia
Bast – Egyptian cat goddess
Pax – Roman goddess of peace

nansiludie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would like to add several names to the running also. Henry,Norman or Courage as he has a classic look to his face, he seems to need a strong name as he looks to be a strong kitten. Especially all he has been through. I listed them in the order I liked them.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I only found this thread this evening and wished it carried on for more pages. You keep referring to him as a he, has he been sexed or you don't know yet if it's a he or a she.
I think you've done a wonderful job and I'm looking forward to more stories and pictures.