fostering pregnant cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh, I know they're not counting on this for nutrition. But, they are LOUD when they want to nurse and LOUD when they nurse.They are all nearly as big as mom and very persistent.

I hope this doesn't go on for a year, lol!

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
IMG_7715.JPG IMG_7671.JPG IMG_7650.JPG
These three gorgeous boys are the sweetest, most wonderful kittens. And, the shelter says they have room for them now. :sniffle: We can keep one of the three...and I don't know how we'll ever choose.

I'm scrambling to find a home for at least ONE of them. I just... 💔💔💔 when I think of them in the shelter.

The cat director said if they were outgoing enough, they could be office cats--getting lots of attention and being completely spoiled and not having to sleep in a cage. One of them fits that bill (the bottom kitten--He is the Mayor of Kittenville) but the other two are much more reserved with strangers. I have a feeling the shelter will be completely overwhelming to them.

If we hadn't already adopted mama cat, I'd keep all four kittens. But the bigger they get the harder it is to imagine five cats. (I know many of you manage many more. But, I don't feel like I'm giving these five enough attention as it is.)

AAAAARGH!!! I just need to know more people-who-want-kittens. Right now it seems like no one we know (and no one the people we know, know) is interested in adding a kitten to their family.

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The shelter is promoting our boys on social media. We're glad for the help! But, honestly, I can't imagine not having all the boys. I'm *hoping* that someone adopts two and leaves one for us (along with sis and mama).

<iframe src="Facebook" width="500" height="695" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen="true" allow="autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; picture-in-picture; web-share"></iframe>

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still heartsick over these two perfect kittens going to a new home. We are utterly bereft, full of remorse and regret. We should have kept them. I knew that, even as the papers were being signed, but didn't speak up.

Nearly a week and we're all inconsolable. (Except mama cat. She's fine, lol.)

They're not "just kittens". They're a part of us. And, that part is missing. I actually contacted the adoptive family, feeling foolish but letting them know how much we missed them and that we would take them back anywhere, anytime--repaying their adoption fees. But, they said they are "attached". I know it's not right, because they DID adopt them...but I feel like our seven months should trump their five days.

I don't think we'll foster again.
1709225729236.jpeg

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Aww … the kittens will be fine, and your emotions are 100% normal to miss them and feel that you should have kept them. You’re second-guessing yourself and feeling guilt, remorse, and grief. Grieving is part of life and will lead to healing eventually.

This is why we have so many foster fails — we get attached and keep them!

I think it’s perfectly fine that you followed up to check on the kittens and to reiterate that you would take them back if things do not work out. They do have each other and hopefully a lovely forever home.

My heart goes out to your heart! :redheartpump: