fostering pregnant cat

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I didn’t take her in the day before she gave birth, in case it sounds like that. I took her in 2-3 weeks before she gave birth. I never weighed the kittens because they were so big and healthy. I still have them all 8 years later. They are HUGE beautiful cats at 15-20 pounds apiece. 3 males; 1 female. But one never knows with strays and fosters. The pregnancy can look small, and here come 6 tinies. You never know! Best to be prepared!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Still no kittens.⏰

But, I have felt them moving the last two evenings…which is just incredible. :hearthrob:
She’s looking bigger and more uncomfortable today. I’m revising my guess upward, lol. Her milk isn’t fully in, but I’m hoping sooner rather than later.

And it’s probably time we stop fooling ourselves and get adoption paperwork started. I don’t think she’s going anywhere. :hearthrob:

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
How hilarious is this cat?
2F7C558D-3574-4983-9660-D368742798D3.jpeg

In addition to her usual position on her back, I’ve seen her sitting/lying with her hips more splayed. (That looks like a sign to me!)

And, earlier this afternoon we found her lying down with her head under the sheet, close to where one of her box options is. (She’s checked out both boxes.) I’m guessing Monday night now…based on nothing but instinct!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make sure you have bottles and kmr at the ready. She will probably need help if her size is any indication. Large litters often need help to thrive.

Animal control at least in my area is more intrested in killing animals rather than rehoming them, kinda your typical dog catcher on tv type. Theres also no shelter that serves my area so animals frequently get dumped on the road. Sorry not to derail but my experience with animal control is they know squat about kittens or puppies.
It is the same way where I grew up it is so sad... I hated animal control there!! and we also didn't have a shelter there..

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Turns out my “instincts” were more aptly called “hopes”, lol!

Still no kittens. Milk isn’t in. She’s still her sweet self- tummy rubs for hours, eating, playing…jumping up on the bed, climbing the cat tree. The kittens are still moving. And we are still waiting! Surely it’s soon now…

The no-kill shelter got her June 21 and was told she’d have kittens any day…so she was very visibly pregnant then. But, that could’ve been about 30 days in. It’s 34 days later. So, within a week,surely. It’s hard to wait!

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Her water will break shortly before she delivers. Some members call it a plug on here though it really doesnt look like one imo. Its kind of like slime. Anyways once that happens make sure she is safe and not on something like a bed that she could fall from.

imogen

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If you want to and have the time would you update with pictures of babies and momma?

Praying momma has a smooth labor and delivery and all kittens are born healthy!
Millions of photos over the next weeks! So glad to share. ❤
Giving her some space right now, but soon!

heatherwillard0614

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Millions of photos over the next weeks! So glad to share. ❤
Giving her some space right now, but soon!
Thank you for all you are doing for this little lady, and her babies. You truly are amazing. I'm glad everything is going seemingly well for momma and babies. ❤ 😺