For my Kitten

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm currently saving pennies for an electric fireplace, but I think I'll divert a portion of that to a camera.  I can get a decent little basic one for around $100 at Wally World.  I really prefer to shop local, but goodness, I couldn't afford to clothe myself with local shop prices!  Should PCH ever land in my drive way, I promise to do better!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

I'm currently saving pennies for an electric fireplace, but I think I'll divert a portion of that to a camera.  I can get a decent little basic one for around $100 at Wally World.  I really prefer to shop local, but goodness, I couldn't afford to clothe myself with local shop prices!  Should PCH ever land in my drive way, I promise to do better!
Local here means paying 25-50% more for just groceries.

I have one of those heaters. not the fireplace kind. It ran about 40 dollars a month to heat our living space to 72 day and night when Mercy was still being crated and had no body mass.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Local here means paying 25-50% more for just groceries.

I have one of those heaters. not the fireplace kind. It ran about 40 dollars a month to heat our living space to 72 day and night when Mercy was still being crated and had no body mass.
OUCH!  Thankfully the fireplace I have my eye on has separate heat/fireplace controles, so I can use it decoratively without the heat function.   I'm after the ambiance....Hekitty just loves ambiance.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Weeping here.   Beautiful and oh,  so  heartbreaking.  Through you I now know Kitten, and grieve for her as well.  Such a sweet and  mischievous spirit she was!  Ad such a lovely way to carry her with you. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Weeping here.   Beautiful and oh,  so  heartbreaking.  Through you I now know Kitten, and grieve for her as well.  Such a sweet and  mischievous spirit she was!  Ad such a lovely way to carry her with you. 
I ache for Kitten. A life stolen for no good reason. Blinded by malpractice for having a kitty cold. I told my husband this is the one I will never recover from.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I just realized tomorrow was the 29th. How fast the month went by.

Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 , were you saying $100 for a camera, or fireplace? Go on Amazon, you'll find something decent there I'm sure. And I totally understand shopping "local" but I have my limits as far as price. I keep "local" for music primarily.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I don't have a good close up of her face on this PC from that night. She looked tired but there were no runny eyes, third eyelid , nasal discharge.  She was laying on the sofa by me and suddenly started licking her lips rapidly , threw up and then seemed unsteady on her feet. When her ears drooped over and just hung I threw her in the crate and went. I don't know but the vet took one look and went for her gums and found the jaundice. And we went from there. She was fairly active until the next Friday when she started throwing up. I was told on Saturday that they had to help her breath during the reinsertion of the feeding tube. That was x-rayed and correct. It was downhill from there and by Sunday morning we pretty much knew. There was an option of surgery which she wasn't likely to survive. Considering her condition was declining rapidly from the time we got there we didn't feel that putting her though a surgery to die during or shortly after was right.  ON the thread Cat blinded by Baytril the last picture is of my husband holding her minutes before she was PTS. She looks so wiped out and in person it was worse.

We like to think that all that modern tech can find and solve anything and every cat will live. Human doctors often spend years trying to diagnose someone and that with a patient that can talk.

My best guess after months of reading

The 3 year rabies with the adjuvant caused an immune reaction that lowered her resistance and resulted in an URI. Something she likely would have recovered from without incident if not from the injection of enrofloxacin  and I don't believe for one moment she got that right when she is still convinced that the dose of over twice the safe limit for cats was fine started a liver issue that just festered until it reached a tipping point and her body couldn't function anymore. Baytri had been implicated in causing liver issues with liver values. An injection OD and then three days of it was probably enough to do it.  Think of Tylenol and the warnings there. We are hoping the SVB is smart enough. And I have the name of the vet doing the investigation. He is more than qualified to flesh this out. Sorry I ramble.
I wanted to amend this. I stopped googling enrofloxacin and followed the class of drug as a whole. I had never before heard of antibiotic induced liver failure. Nor have I read about a class of antibiotic that is so scary. While I'm not sure about the shot I do know she lied when she said the rabies she used was adjuvant free. It was a pretty specific conversation. That injectable enrofloxacin she used is marked for dogs only. Vets can use it extra label. There are no dosing guidelines by the manufactures. There is the standard warning it can cause ocular changes in cats. I trusted this vet. Never again will a needle or pill go in my pet without an explanation of exactly what it is and the possible side effects. The audacity of this vet to inject with what I now have roughly calculated as an overdose in the injection plus the more that twice the upper dosage of enrofloxacin. No not every vet is going to even go to the max dose considered safe and send us home with no warning so we could continue to overdose our cat per her instructions. There were safer antibiotics with fewer severe side effects.

I felt sort of bad seeing her walk into court. Sometimes looking at the last picture I had of my girl before she was covered in shaved spots and vet wrap and a feeding tube are the jolt I need to keep the fire burning. She killed my little girl.

fluoroquinolone Antibiotics and liver failure, worth a google and some reading.

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Just wanted to let you know that this thread is not forgotten.  It is on my "NEVER EVER UNSUBSCRIBE" list.  I will be here to listen whenever you need to talk.  Now, tomorrow, next week, next year.  I will be here.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She was just...lovely.  Long-haired torties have something special going on.  She was elegant.  And a right regular clown, from what you've said. 

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I have a weakness for the shot of her leg shooting out of the box.  I just laughed aloud.  So perfectly what I've been picturing her as being.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I think last night was worse than the day I lost her. I don't know where it came from. It being the monster hole in the gut filled with nothing but emitting huge asteroids of extinction event pain.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
It's strange how these moments of deep grief hit suddenly and without warning.  ((((hugs)))))   
   I still get them over Milo and Wesley.  You describe the sensation perfectly.  Brrrr. Extinction event pain, indeed.  

That's a great Kitten picture. She looks so innocent.  "Who, me?"  

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry,  It is these out of the blue events that are a punch in the gut that make you buckle. My thoughts are with you and your family 

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise
I was like that last night. It must have been something about last night. I'm so sorry you had to go through that. It sucks. It really sucks.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Fatigue and stress seem to be a part of it. Two day wind storm of 50+mph winds. Not sleeping well and there is a court hearing Monday at 10AM unless when I check the mail Kitten's records have been sent to me.

I'm taking a blank SVB complaint form with me and the mailer with me on Monday. If the records aren't produced as per the court order she is also in violation of state law where a veterinarian must produce a copy within 10 days of a client's request.