For my Kitten

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'm still here, Darlin.  This is a rough month for me.  I lost my father, my mother, and my second marriage during the month of February.  Really in touch with loss this month.  {{{{{{{Kitten's Mom}}}}}}}

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
For the first time since we lost her I dreamed of my girl.  And her ears were all healthy and pink again. She made a point of showing them to me.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise

For the first time since we lost her I dreamed of my girl.  And her ears were all healthy and pink again. She made a point of showing them to me.

Isn't that wonderful when that happens?  You get to be with them again.  After I dreamed of my Milo, I felt so happy - like I had just had a tremendous gift, a little more time together.  

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Isn't that wonderful when that happens?  You get to be with them again.  After I dreamed of my Milo, I felt so happy - like I had just had a tremendous gift, a little more time together.  
And that was followed by todays answer from the vet from hell. Who is now claiming that we are the ones responsible for Kitten going blind. I left a partial of one of  the pages on My Cat Kitten was blinded because of a bad veternarian overdosing...

As I told my husband , what ever bumps in the road we encounter we will deal with them and just keep going forward in pursuit of this veterinarian. I guess settling is pretty hard when you have an open complaint with the SVB for the same issue. Oh well. Next time settle and clean up your messes. I have no sympathy for her. none.

riley1

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise

And that was followed by todays answer from the vet from hell. Who is now claiming that we are the ones responsible for Kitten going blind. I left a partial of one of  the pages on My Cat Kitten was blinded because of a bad veternarian overdosing...

As I told my husband , what ever bumps in the road we encounter we will deal with them and just keep going forward in pursuit of this veterinarian. I guess settling is pretty hard when you have an open complaint with the SVB for the same issue. Oh well. Next time settle and clean up your messes. I have no sympathy for her. none.
Sad.  Even if they would have found her guilty nothing would happen.  The law states that animals are property, so they would have only ordered her to pay for a cat. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

Sad.  Even if they would have found her guilty nothing would happen.  The law states that animals are property, so they would have only ordered her to pay for a cat. 
We know that. We do have a pile of vet bills we can sue for though.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I guess the response had the intended effect. Somewhat. I cried most of the day. Of all the low things to flip around and accuse us of being responsible in any way for what happened to Kittens via the vision loss is as low as you can sink. Yes we have a lot of misplaced guilt over taking her home and shoving that crap down her throat.

Only in the end. It's only made me more determined to fight harder. I get the distinct impression she's going to paint us a bad cat owners and Kitten was a dilapidated mess. The only issue Kitten had was she was chubby. Raise your hand if you fight to keep the weight off your older housecats. It's a constant struggle with them. And it's not like you could roll her around either. She was also a big cat.

Found this cool frame, Actually enjoyed looking through the hundreds of pictures of her. Some video. And now I've crash landed and had it kicked away.  The thought of that woman makes me want to puke. We're not going to sling mud. We're going to sling facts.

Kitten Kitten Kittenlee...Your mommy loves you.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

The yellow kraken. Preybaby. Kitten would alternately give it kill bites, carry it around or groom it. She had this her whole life.  She loved the bird cage ornament. Her little cream dish and special kitty treat dish.  And her clicker. The box my husband picked out that has her wonderful perfect handprints. ( and she did have hands) Right down to bits of her fur stuck in them.  Her soft little jellybean toes surrounded by fluff.  On a shelf protected by a glass door. I forgot her ball. She had a dozen of these. Regular midnight kills. I picked the one with the most teeth marks in it.

And Pinocchio whom she had to pat at least once a day in case he became a real bird.

Last edited:

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
It's not really a shrine or a memorial yet. Just what I can bear right now.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
So I bought a scrap book and some starter stuff. I have books and books of the printed paper that I use for crafting. When I was a kid a scrap book was a book of plain newspaper type pages you glued things to.

Once I figure out how to proceed with all the new stuff and make The Book Of Kitten I should probably start one for Mook and one for Mercy.

Because I got to tell you. It's not fun starting one where you know the ending.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
No, I can't imagine that it would be much fun.  SIGH...so hard.  But such a lovely way to remember her, at the same time.  And yes. you should start one for both Mook and Mercy, and the sooner the better.  I think, perhaps, the ongoing-ness of theirs might ease things.  I just don't know.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

No, I can't imagine that it would be much fun.  SIGH...so hard.  But such a lovely way to remember her, at the same time.  And yes. you should start one for both Mook and Mercy, and the sooner the better.  I think, perhaps, the ongoing-ness of theirs might ease things.  I just don't know.
Well taping printed out pictures to the back of that shelf isn't working for me either. Like a lot of people my pictures are stored on disks, external hard dives and usb sticks. Somehow that stuck up frameless photos seem out of place.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I looked at some of the digital frames. I might eventually set one up. She was such a huge part of my life. I feel like I owe her more than an upload.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
SIGH...I know.  I'm thinking I have to buy a camera soon.  What if I should lose my girl, and have only a handful of photos?  I'd be devastated.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

SIGH...I know.  I'm thinking I have to buy a camera soon.  What if I should lose my girl, and have only a handful of photos?  I'd be devastated.
Well then. Lets not lose your girl m'kay ?? We gotta get you a camera.