For my Kitten

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
She hasn't produced the records yet?  That's one of the many strange aspects of this case. Why risk being in violation over something so simple as giving you Kitten's records?    I'm beginning to wonder if she even kept any records at all.  

Wonderful photo of Kitten watching TV.   

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittens mom

Kittens life was lost to a negligent veterinarian.
Top Cat
Purraise
No I have one verbal request while in the office . One from December 10th and now there is a court order for production of evidence served on March 9th with the order to produce by 10 AM this Monday.

Kitten loved that DVD. And Veggie Tales AND the T Rex fight scene in King Kong. Nature shows like Attenborough's bird series and anything about bugs.

I spoke to our legal firm and she explained that just because someone is supposed to doesn't mean they'll necessarily comply. I can see her refusing to produce some things I asked for in lieu of accepting items of the same kind I have access to. But there is no wiggle room on the medical records. Or the names of her employees.

You know there has to be a chart. When I went in to ask for an extra pill because of the mass destruction through pilling Kitten the tech at the desk went and got it. There has to be some information somewhere. Vet wasn't there. At least she wasn't visible. That's the one that went to hand me the bottle and said Wow that's a high dose. I wonder if that counts as an excited utterance and can pass the hearsay rule , Hmmmmm.

Kitten's pictures remind why I'm doing this.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd try going for the "excited utterance."  It does seem to fall within its purvey.

I am grieved that you had such a bad night.  DANG I wish I were closer. 

Love the picture of Kitten watching tv.  Yes, she was such a complete and total somebody.  I think what hit me most about that particular post was that she loved watching bugs on tv.  Such a random and individual thing.  So Kitten. 

I've been sitting here now for the past 10 minutes, fingers still, computer mute and unresponsive, trying to think of some thing to ease this pain.  There is nothing.  There is only that cry in the darkness, "I CARE."

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
I most likely need therapy. Probably medication. At the same time there is no way to take something and maintain my rapid fire brain function to absorb a veterinary and law degree in a few months.

Of course the only other option is to let this vet get away with murder.

Monday is probably going to be a circus. I'm taking the paperwork with me to file a complaint with the SVB if she fails to produce the records. NM gives her 10 days. I have that right as the owner. Nor does the rule to not self incriminate play out in discovery over physical evidence or documents. I've tried to provide a way to have these items handed off without more stress to either of us.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/frcp/rule_26#rule_26_b   But I'm game.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise

I'd try going for the "excited utterance."  It does seem to fall within its purvey.

I am grieved that you had such a bad night.  DANG I wish I were closer. 

Love the picture of Kitten watching tv.  Yes, she was such a complete and total somebody.  I think what hit me most about that particular post was that she loved watching bugs on tv.  Such a random and individual thing.  So Kitten. 

I've been sitting here now for the past 10 minutes, fingers still, computer mute and unresponsive, trying to think of some thing to ease this pain.  There is nothing.  There is only that cry in the darkness, "I CARE."
I'm not insulting anyone's human loss here. What we are dealing with is much the same as having a child maimed and then having them die of the complications. And then being told that child's case is not worth it to a lawyer to take on. Only here they suggest getting another pet and moving on. It's like telling someone don't worry you can have another baby. And yes I have seen that happen. Kitten was my baby. I would have grieved her long and hard had her end been more natural. But I would have accepted it.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
These little souls ARE just as important to our hearts as any human, honestly sometimes more so. They give us unconditional love, no criticism, no arguments, just pure sweet love. Our hearts do not know the difference, they just feel the pain of loss of something that filled our world and now is gone. There is no way in the world to replace them and what they meant to us, we absorb the agony and learn to live with it and one day we hopefully allow another to dwell beside them in our hearts to make us whole again. We can have many loves in our lives, just like a mother with many children, each one unique and irreplaceable, dear to our hearts and bonded with our souls.  I pray you one day find peace, and that your broken heart will heal, you will surely be blessed for hurting so bad from loving so much. Take care............

foxxycat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Honeybee on my lap, music playing in background

These little souls ARE just as important to our hearts as any human, honestly sometimes more so. They give us unconditional love, no criticism, no arguments, just pure sweet love. Our hearts do not know the difference, they just feel the pain of loss of something that filled our world and now is gone. There is no way in the world to replace them and what they meant to us, we absorb the agony and learn to live with it and one day we hopefully allow another to dwell beside them in our hearts to make us whole again. We can have many loves in our lives, just like a mother with many children, each one unique and irreplaceable, dear to our hearts and bonded with our souls.  I pray you one day find peace, and that your broken heart will heal, you will surely be blessed for hurting so bad from loving so much. Take care............
So well said. Sending you hugs and I hope they stop messing around and produce those records..makes me wonder what they have written in my cat's files? The one I go to uses computer records. I only hope someday this woman wakes the hell up and stops with the games. She was wrong. We all know it. All we can do is warn others who go to her practice. Leave feedback on yelp etc to warn people that she doesn't have a clue what the heck she is doing.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the support.  It is very hard to know she is in the wrong and deal with the winding twisting road to getting that evidence before the Judge 

Thanks to some back thinking via posting here I realized there are records as the Tuesday following the initial visit I stopped to get an extra pill because of the difficulty in pilling Kitten. The only way the tech could have referenced the dose was through an online record. And that record would have shown 68mg per day as that is what she prescribed.

Rock and a hard place.

My poor little girl.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hugs, Darlin.  and doesn't (don't?)  diandbob have a wonderful way witth words.  Exactly whaI struggle to say.  As always, I am here.

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Before I reply to anyone here let me say , or rather warn that the last person who told me things happen for a reason is still in recovery. ( joking but it wasn't pretty)

However sometimes something is dumped in your lap and its bigger than just you. My own grief isn't singular when dealing with veterinary malpractice. I feel obligated to take legal action for Kitten. She was my baby. It would so much easier to be just a keyboard warrior. This is bigger than our grief and loss. It is justice denied because of a warped system. No one should feel like my husband and myself when you know a wrong has been done and the legal system doesn't want to give you the time of day.

When this is done , one way or the other my first stop is going to be the Governor of New Mexico's desk. I might start rounding up some like minded folks to have a little get together out front. Who knows.

zed xyzed

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You have a warrior's heart, I am sorry you have to  suit up for battle, I would be honoured to share a trench with you. 

kittens mom

Top Cat
Purraise
Sometimes it just all comes flooding back. I got a little package of the baby bel cheeses. Kitten wouldn't have cared about the little red wax covered treats. But she would have begged shamelessly for that little net bag to play with.

Only someone here could understand how you end up in the middle of your kitchen holding a bag of cheese sobbing your heart out for your missing heartbeat.

Mamanyt1953

Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yeah.  We do.  Almost all of have those stories, and we know how badly you are hurting.  I ache with it.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Happy Birthday, dear Kitten.  

Thinking of you and your family with lots of love.