First time pregnant cat... What should i expect?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Think weve had our fair share of issues! Haha. X

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I meant going forward with these two gaining weight and growing properly. Yes, you went through quite a lot.

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I know, onwards and upwards for these two :) meg booked in for 8 weeks time to be spayed, and their first injections :) meg also having the injections as she was found as a very young stray so we dont know if she ever had them. Better to start again to be sure :) xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Absolutely! And she probably had no vaccines whatsoever anyway, as you said.

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Day 2 weigh ins Rosie 125g (+14g) and Mittens 146g (+23g) xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
WooHoo! This is fabulous! Mittens is a little piggy! [emoji]128522[/emoji][emoji]128149[/emoji]

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im wondering if mittens is perhaps a boy with weoght gain like that. Last born if that matters? Rosie definately female as tortie. Only just tortie though, she has teenie tiny spots of ginger. Xx

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also, quick question, dont know wether its normal, but Meg hasnt used the litter tray for a number two since having the kittens 2 1/2 days ago. Shes eating fine and seems ok in herself, but is there anything i need to do? Xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She will have to go soon! In the meantime, add several drops of olive or vegetable oil to her wet food. This will help. She probably cleaned herself out well before giving birth.

Mittens is likely a boy, but not necessarily. You'll be able to tell in a few weeks. Either way, the more weight gain the better for both at this stage! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes she went 3 times in an hour before giving birth. Ill try the oil though and see if it helps. Thanks :)

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Can cats become incontinent? Meg just climbed up on the bed for a quick cuddle and left a trail of urine behind her :/ she didnt seem to know she was doing it. She has been using her litterbox aswell though. Now changing all the bedding after getting comfy [emoji]128549[/emoji] Xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She's probably leaking because her muscles are loose right now. They'll tighten back up. Also, she may have had a full bladder. I doubt it will continue to happen on a regular basis.

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Im just made up shes left the nest to be honest. First time shes got out since she had them. She is back and forth at 5 min intervals between me and the kittens but its great to have her back to her affecionate self :)

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oh dont i know it [emoji]128514[/emoji] two kids later i cant go near a trampoline [emoji]128514[/emoji] day three weigh ins are: Rosie 142g (+17g) Mittens 164g (+18g) looks like Rosie is starting to catch up slightly :) xx

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Day 4: Rosie 161g (+19g) Mittens 184g (+20g) they really are little round piggies! Cant believe how well theyre doing and how good meg has taken to being a mummy :)