First time pregnant cat... What should i expect?

princesspippa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Praying for your little kitten sorry I cannot offer advice [emoji]128542[/emoji] x

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We all went to the vet on their advice. First kitten was impossible to save, unfortunately it was more than just his intestines outside. I made the most humane decision to PTS :( meg was given an injection of oxytocin and told to go home and wait. 3rd kitten was born in car on way home. Healthy :) thank you everyone xxx

lovelife

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry about the first kitten, but very happy the other two are healthy and happy! 

handsome kitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They're so cute.

I'm sorry about the first little guy.  I'm glad the vet was able to see you right away even if s/he wasn't able to help.  Try to get some rest today.

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have just weighed them and theyre 97g each. Xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The weights are okay. Hopefully they'll nurse well and gain quickly. RIP little one. He enjoyed warmth, food, and his mom before crossing over. It was for the best. Poor baby. Thank you for getting him quickly to the vet so that he did not suffer.

Try to get some rest and let us know how mom and babies are later.

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Rest is impossible with my two boys. An early night is a must though! Meg still hasnt eaten (has wet, dry and water available), she did eat 2 afterbirths though so not too worried. Xx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
No, she's not hungry. She'll eat later when she is. You've had a big time of it!

dianneh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
@meggymoo Wow well done you! I've been following your posts, filled up at one point, bless little kitty #1. You did a fab job. Enjoy Meg and the kittens X

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry about the one you lost, but you did the best for him. It was a long, anxious night for you. Please get some sleep now.

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just over an hour till i can get some sleep. Its nearly bedtime! Woohoo lol! If i dont update for a while, i am sleeping. Meg is doing an awesome job being a mummy. The 2nd kitten has been named Rosie and the 3rd called Mittens. Feeding well, super cute and settled :) Thank you everyone xxxx

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hope you enjoy a peaceful night of sleep. Mom will take good care of Rosie and Mittens! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Last edited:

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Weights at 1 day old: kitten 2 (rosie) 111g, kitten 3 mittens 123g :) megs doing a great job!!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Those are good weights! They should ideally double their birth weights by the end of the first week. [emoji]128522[/emoji]

meggymoo

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yep, rosie has gained 14g and mittens gained 26g!!! In 24 hours :) will be weighing them every day at midday to see how theyre doing. Xx