Could use some good luck board magic for next Thursday!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning all. Just up for a bit to walk around. Have some pain in the belly area, but of course I would. A little wobbly on my feet, so the moving is slow. I slept ok for the most part. It was so hard cause kitties were outside our bedroom door trying so hard to get in. They might have to go in the basement tonight and I hate doing that, but it's hard to sleep with them on the other side of the door. I missed them so much. I want them with us like always, but Tigs and Petals are ALWAYS walking across my belly, and we can't have that for a while.
My throat is sore also, so I"m sipping on some juice. Jerry HAD to go to work today, so I"m nursing myself today I'm afraid............
He did leave me a beautiful get well card on the desk though for me to find when I woke up. Funny, he left it by the computer. Now how did he know I'd be stopping here today
LOL
I have to admit, I was more brave yesterday through the whole thing than I thought I"d be. She got the IV in on the first attempt, and I even looked around the operating room as they wheeled me in. I figured I'd just shut my eyes and not look at all the machines. The last thing I remember in there is she was wiping some kind of cool gel type thing on my forhead she said to put some kind of thiny on to monitor something.........next thing I know I'm in recover and they're calling my name.........
Thanks again for all the PM's, card and well wishes here.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
You take it easy Susie!. It's all over with now

Awww i bet you miss the kitts as they'll miss you as well
Don't worry we'll be your nurses on the site until Jerry comes home
I mean, i've eventually mastered the art of posting pics so i'm ready to take on the world now!!

rita

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning Susie, I'm glad you are up and walking around a bit and had a decent night
Poor Kitties they don't know what's going on

rapunzel47

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey, Susie!! Welcome home! Glad you're up and around a bit and also able to get the rest you need. Hope you're mended enough soon, so that the fur people can come and look after you, but I DO understand about the marching around belly areas!! Don't we all!
Take care! Rest well!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I'm glad to hear that they could find and remedy the trouble. Take it easy for a couple of days (no lifting!).

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks guys....that's right, no lifting and no belly walking for me.........LOL

It's VERY hard to get up ouf of bed..........pulls on your belly muscles!! OUCH!

ash_bct

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
YAY Susie Im so glad you are home and safe...
Hurts to get out of bed?... well maybe the computer should be moved into your room, and Jerry could stay home to bring you dinner in bed, ect.... Hehe

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Susie, Jamie is always on top of me. One thing that I found strange, and touching, was that he was very careful after I got out of the hospital following my hysterectomy. Instead of bouncing around on my stomach, etc., he'd come and very carefully snuggle up to my tummy, and purr for hours on end, as if he were trying to comfort my body. I'm in a sling for a dislocated shoulder right now, and have been very uncomfortable. I spent most of the day in bed, and Jamie kept coming and snuggling up to my upper arm and shoulder, as if he knew that I was hurting. It's weird, but it seems as if he's offering himself as a heating pad. My husband came upstairs this afternoon to check on me, and remarked that Jamie was being extremely considerate - he was right next to my shoulder, and massaging my head with his paws. Cats are very intuitive.

tuxedokitties

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm glad to know you're OK, Susie
Hope you're feeling better soon.

And you too, Tricia - I wondered where you'd been.

Cats can be a great comfort when you're sick or hurt - I saw a study a couple of years ago where scientists theorized that something in the frequency of a cat's purr might aid healing, and they were thinking that's why cats purr when they're hurt or ill. Perhaps the cat purrs will help you both get well.

chester&piper

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susie, I'm glad to hear everything went well.
Lots of get well vibes coming your way; I hope you will recover quickly.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
THanks everyone....well, it's been about 40 hours since my surgery, and I can finally take a warm shower today. Goodie! Maybe that will help me feel human again. Belly is still very sore but that's normal. I did let the babies sleep in the room last nihgt. I just kep a pillow on my belly all night. They seemed to just sleep at my feet then. I missed them so much that first night.......

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hey Susie, just wanted you to know I was thinking about you. I'm a little late here, but I keep my lists and my calendar....
I'm so glad you made it and everything went OK! If Gary can do it, ANYONE can do it, and I just knew all would be well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Laurie......
I go back to my gyno today at 3 to discuss his findings and for him to check me out and I guess we discuss where we go from here.........I"ll let you know what he says...........

darkeyedgirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Susie... keep on feeling good... take care of yourself.

Our lovely kitties do miss us when we're gone. Mine gave me extra lovin when I returned from the hospital, too, Dusty did NOT leave my side and still follows me when I get ready to leave the house!

-- Stephanie

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, just got back from the doc. He has put me back on the pill. This time, he is making me take the pill so I won't have any periods at all. I take them for 21 days, and then instead of having a period the next week, I will just restart a new pack. I guess if you do'nt have periods, it's hard for the endo to come back, which he says it will otherwise. We're gonna try that for 6 months and see how my pains are. In the meantime, I go back to him in 4 weeks for the original abnormal pap that I went to him in the first place, just to make sure that is ok. We'll see how it all works out. Keep your fingers crossed! Thanks for all the support guys!