Could use some good luck board magic for next Thursday!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
With all everyone elses problems, I was wondering if I could stick mine in here too. Next Thursday I am being admitted into the hospital to have a laporoscopy done......(looking for causes of pain in my lower left and left side) I have a major fear of doctors, medical things, hospitals, so I'm just hoping that my legs will carry me in to the hospital!
Any good vibes sent my way for them to find out what my problem is and fix it would be very much appreciated. My gyno suspects endometreosis!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
This is exactly the place for your worries. Plenty of hugs and board magic here
. I'll be sending plenty your way. Will you be able to go home the same day, or will you have to stay overnight?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Beth and Sam. Well, they say it is an outpatient thing, depending on what they find and do. I'm hoping it is!!

flisssweetpea

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kittylover4ever

Thanks Beth and Sam. Well, they say it is an outpatient thing, depending on what they find and do. I'm hoping it is!!
It's better if it is, but if they can do it all in one visit, it's better than having to psyche yourself up twice.

I know when I had the mole removed a few weeks ago, as it was big he gave me the choice of having a biopsy and then having to come back if it was nasty or just getting rid of the whole thing. I tell you, after two weeks of waiting for this appointment to come round with dread, there was no way I was going to make myself do that a second time!!! BTW - it turned out to be not nearly as bad as I convinced myself it was going to be and I'm a real coward

I'll be thinking of you and sending those vibes for you

big bad wolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Laporoscopy is a minimally invasive surgical technique - they'll probably give you a local anesthetic and you won't feel a thing.

I'm sending lots of
your way !

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will keep you in my prayers. Having had a laporoscopy, I can assure you they are easy to recover from and you will do great. I hope that whatever they find is easily treatable!

myrage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had one of those when I was 21. Everything turned out okay, kinda, in the end. I so hope yours goes as smoothly as mine did. I am off that day, so I will lots of time to remember to think of you
Good luck.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone.....I sure do appreciate it!

yosemite

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Keep a stiff upper lip and good luck - I'm sure you will be just fine with all the good vibes and wishes and hugs from all of us.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Rockcat

Tomorrow or Jan 6? Good luck, Susie. Your'e in my prayers!
Surgery is next Thursday, Jan 6. Thanks for the prayers everone!

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Susie - sending mega-positive vibes your way from Kansas City!!

I've been thru the procedure years ago - it's not bad at all and the worst of it will be your nerves walking into it. You will want to keep your kids off your stomach when you get home for a few days - is there someone there to take care of you? You do know you need to milk up the pampering afterwards, dontcha?

The positive side of it all: you'll find out what is wrong and how to treat it. You don't want to live with pain after all!!!

*hugs*

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If Gary can make it for endoscopy, I'm sure you can get to the hospital too!!!!!!!! Might try his trick - talk to your doctor. He gave him a scrip for one valium to take the morning of the hospital appointment.

Sending calming vibes - along with "legs take her there" prayers!

mom of franz

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
NYC The Town so Nice, They Named it Twice!
The hardest part after a LAP is dealing with all the abdominal gas....they put gas in you to view your organs, etc. Keep walking post-op to get rid of the gas and ask the doc for a recomendation for an anti-gas med. Good luck you'll do fine!

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Momofmany

Susie - sending mega-positive vibes your way from Kansas City!!

I've been thru the procedure years ago - it's not bad at all and the worst of it will be your nerves walking into it. You will want to keep your kids off your stomach when you get home for a few days - is there someone there to take care of you? You do know you need to milk up the pampering afterwards, dontcha?

The positive side of it all: you'll find out what is wrong and how to treat it. You don't want to live with pain after all!!!

*hugs*
Thanks Amy! Sure appreciate the pep talk.....I"m sure in the end I'll be ok too. It's just getting there!