Cats on leash!

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 462267View attachment 462268
Tony at a trick or treat thing at the mall. He was so good with crowds and people saying hi!!
Tony is a great prospect for Therapy Animal certification-have you have ever considered volunteering ?.if you're interested I'd be happy to provide you with information .... it's not any easy process but the rewards are great ,no doubt you were deeply gratified after the mall experiencd!

Made my heart go pitter pat,he's just darling

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a little photo of Sami,on our way to work at the hospital 2yrs ago- I was hoping to post photos of him interacting with the patients but I'm told it's not appropriate without their consent-so if we get back to it after I can walk again I'll be sure to ask each person for permission to post their photos in the future,I understand a signed release form is required by law,right to privacy of hospital patients
20211212_123340_(1).jpg
20211212_122005_(1).jpg
20210113_091310_HDR.jpg
20210113_091241.jpg

Sami gets excited when we pull into the hospital parking lot and you can see him very focused on the entrance door as he jumps down to exit the car,lol

Last edited:

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Tony is a great prospect for Therapy Animal certification-have you have ever considered volunteering ?.if you're interested I'd be happy to provide you with information .... it's not any easy process but the rewards are great ,no doubt you were deeply gratified after the mall experiencd!

Made my heart go pitter pat,he's just darling
I would love to. Only thing is he is a little nervous around new people. I know therapy animals have to be chill and confident. I wish I could get his sister Kilala trained as a therapy animal. She's super affectionate (once she knows you) and likes fetch. She is not a fan of dogs though.

Kwik

Animals are Blessings
Top Cat
Purraise

I would love to. Only thing is he is a little nervous around new people. I know therapy animals have to be chill and confident. I wish I could get his sister Kilala trained as a therapy animal. She's super affectionate (once she knows you) and likes fetch. She is not a fan of dogs though.
You can bring them in for an assessment ( if you'd like info about progrsns in your area you are welcome to msg me)Assessments are free at most accredited training facilities

Before I retired I did alot of that type of work part time (assessing)- in controlled settings it's easy to see what an animal is capable of and his/her potential..... nervousness around "strangers" is typical with cats especially out of their territory -if your cat works well with you out of his territory and in unfamiliar places then he has the potential for the program.... Many cats are not suited for Therapy because of their highly territorial nature vs dogs who adapt easily to any environment so it seems to me Tony is a good candidate

How is Kilala out of the house in unfamiliar territory? Training her to be "chill" around dogs is a requirement for certification,thats what they are taught in controlled environment settings so they will pass all the tests and be an accomplished Therapy Animal ....
I always try to encourage cat owners with kitties who are good candidates for Therapy in the hope thst one day the ADA.gov will one day accept cats for "Service " -then we may see cats on leashes in restuarants,supermarkets and other places " legally" - wouldn't that be great for people with disabilities that have cats to assist?

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

You can bring them in for an assessment ( if you'd like info about progrsns in your area you are welcome to msg me)Assessments are free at most accredited training facilities

Before I retired I did alot of that type of work part time (assessing)- in controlled settings it's easy to see what an animal is capable of and his/her potential..... nervousness around "strangers" is typical with cats especially out of their territory -if your cat works well with you out of his territory and in unfamiliar places then he has the potential for the program.... Many cats are not suited for Therapy because of their highly territorial nature vs dogs who adapt easily to any environment so it seems to me Tony is a good candidate

How is Kilala out of the house in unfamiliar territory? Training her to be "chill" around dogs is a requirement for certification,thats what they are taught in controlled environment settings so they will pass all the tests and be an accomplished Therapy Animal ....
I always try to encourage cat owners with kitties who are good candidates for Therapy in the hope thst one day the ADA.gov will one day accept cats for "Service " -then we may see cats on leashes in restuarants,supermarkets and other places " legally" - wouldn't that be great for people with disabilities that have cats to assist?
I need to find a place like that. Kilala is kinda hissy around dogs. Tony kinda backs away and watches unless the dog is too eager.