Cats on leash!

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Walking cats is becoming more common. I hope others have photos of leashed walks, catios or even cats in backpacks and pet strollers adventuring around!

This is Magnus on his daily walk. He's in a jacket because it's still cold out here. 2023-04

Attachments

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Walking cats is becoming more common. I hope others have photos of leashed walks, catios or even cats in backpacks and pet strollers adventuring around!

This is Magnus on his daily walk. He's in a jacket because it's still cold out here. 2023-04
I have twitter friends in Helsinki, Finland: two orange tabby males and their humans, who walk them on harness and leash almost daily. They are Viking cats, too, enjoying their seafaring from time to time.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
he has a determined little strut!
He's a hoot. This is one stubborn cat. When he wants what he wants he won't be persuaded otherwise, even if it's just - sprayed crabgrass (since my partner would prefer to avoid that in the backyard).

I finally had to put the little floormat over it to prove the point that eating it is a Hard. No. :lol:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He's a hoot. This is one stubborn cat. When he wants what he wants he won't be persuaded otherwise, even if it's just - sprayed crabgrass (since my partner would prefer to avoid that in the backyard).

I finally had to put the little floormat over it to prove the point that eating it is a Hard. No. :lol:
Oh my goodness. What a character.

We joke that Calcifer is a pitbull in a lot of ways. Big, solid and a whole lot of stubborn. He does this thing where he makes himself heavier when he wants something and you don't want him to do it.... definitely pitbull behaviour.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Oh goodness! Glad to know we aren't alone.
Magnus is light as fluff, which is good as he gets in the most trouble. He magically becomes 10lbs when weight at the vet.

Nobel used to hide things under himself if he didn't want anyone else to have it, like a toy or paper ...but he wasn't mythical enough to change his weight!

Poppycat sounds like such a character. I love hearing her stories. ❣

Calo was a handsome boy. His face says, "I will be stubborn if I want!"

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Furballsmom Furballsmom tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Oh goodness! Glad to know we aren't alone.
Magnus is light as fluff, which is good as he gets in the most trouble. He magically becomes 10lbs when weight at the vet.

Nobel used to hide things under himself if he didn't want anyone else to have it, like a toy or paper ...but he wasn't mythical enough to change his weight!

Poppycat sounds like such a character. I love hearing her stories. ❣

Calo was a handsome boy. His face says, "I will be stubborn if I want!"
Thank you. Yes, sweet Calo was extremely handsome, and as sweet as he was handsome. He started coming into our yard two locations ago, along with an all-white cat and a vividly red tabby cat. He seemed to be guarding them, as they were slender young cats and he was, well, The Bullcat. He and Rojita joined us, while Tim, unable to be cured of a stubborn skin condition, was admitted to Best Friends in Utah, where he subsequently found the perfect home with a wonderful woman who is still a good friend.
Calo, of the threesome, did get a short walk on a harness and leash in the Mojave, to experience the snow, which he immediately declared unfit for his paws.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Calo, of the threesome, did get a short walk on a harness and leash in the Mojave, to experience the snow, which he immediately declared unfit for his paws.
Magnus is tolerant of a cm or two of snow... anything else is just excessive in his opinion and we should rid our yard of it immediately.

Alldara

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I hope it's not too late to add to this thread, but here is my kitty Cheshire following my dog Pavlov on a leash.
Never too late! Oh my goodness. I love this video. Thanks for sharing. It looks like Pavlov brings Cheshire lots of comfort.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope it's not too late to add to this thread, but here is my kitty Cheshire following my dog Pavlov on a leash.

Really trotting along there! I have two Finnish cat friends in Helsinki who walk on leashes to and from work. They also ride in the car and do a bit of boating.

LokiWolf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
IMG_0088.jpeg

Lizzy rolling in the dirt. She went from adventure and not being afraid of cars to traffic is scary and now wants to stay around the apartments. I really hope the two kittens I am working with now can be adventure cats. They took to harnesses pretty well. They are OK on the bus. I live on the corner of two stroads. I'm in the back so away from traffic but at a entrance point for people. So that's a struggle. It doesn't help that people walk way too close and spook them. Sigh

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
View attachment 452480
Lizzy rolling in the dirt. She went from adventure and not being afraid of cars to traffic is scary and now wants to stay around the apartments. I really hope the two kittens I am working with now can be adventure cats. They took to harnesses pretty well. They are OK on the bus. I live on the corner of two stroads. I'm in the back so away from traffic but at a entrance point for people. So that's a struggle. It doesn't help that people walk way too close and spook them. Sigh
Hopefully they are indoors only except when walked on the harness and leash?
Where did the paint come from?