cat tick and flea collar dangerous

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Unless it's the kind of toilet paper with lotion or perfume or dye in it, it's basically just fiber. If she didn't eat too much, no problem, though you shouldn't make it part of her diet. If she ate two full rolls, call a vet.

Margret

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Unless it's the kind of toilet paper with lotion or perfume or dye in it, it's basically just fiber. If she didn't eat too much, no problem, though you shouldn't make it part of her diet. If she ate two full rolls, call a vet.

Margret
:yeah: Thought call a vet if it's 2 rolls but forgot to type it :doh3:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hi guys
hi columbine okay so its fine becuase she didnt eat 2 rolls
only a bit part of the rolls and yes glad to hear
its recovering

Thanx

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi guys so about 2 or 3 days ago
my mother told me that the owner of the
cat said to her that my daughter is crying
dont feed the cat anymore like hello whos gonna
feed her if I dont I been worried about this
the next day I was thinking about that in the
morning And just when I was about to get up
from my bed I saw the cat sleeping on the floor
it was sooo cute but she used to this house now
My dad comes home at 2am and she stands near the door
sometimes and comes inside the house so I always leave my door
open if she wants to come in my room now today
she didnt come here the whole day I wonder where is she
I miss her soo much I love seeing her at 12oclock when I
come from school and then 3oclock again
I think they kept her inside so she doesn't come
to me . They used to have chickens and their daughter
got rash cause of them so doesn't she get rash of cats

What should I doooooooo im scared they will take her away
from me help plzzzzzzzz

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i don't think there anything you can do, it is their choice to keep her inside. if i understand it right they are keeping her inside because their daughter feels that she don't get enough time with the cat because she spends too much time at your place or she feels jealous.or both

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It sounds like they got Meow specifically for their daughter. I don't think there's very much you can or should do about it. Think about how this is hurting you. Then think about how much longer the girl next door has had Meow, and how much more painful it must be for her. You don't want to hurt the girl next door; that's not why you got into this.

The thing is, if the girl next door is crying because her cat hasn't been coming home to her since you've been feeding her cat, apparently Meow was coming home to her before. This implies that Meow hasn't been strictly an outdoor cat after all. But it shouldn't be all that easy to lure a cat away from a home where she's loved, which says that you're right; the neighbors haven't been feeding her.

Do you know the girl who lives next door? How old is she? I think it may be time for you to get to know her. If she's near your age, try to make friends. If she's too much younger than you, you might offer to show her what food Meow likes best. Maybe that way they'll start feeding Meow, which would be a good thing. Tell her you've just been calling her cat Meow because of how cute she is when she talks, and ask what her real name is, and be sure to use the phrase "real name," because that says that you're acknowledging her prior claim on her cat.

When do your summer holidays begin? You'll have more time to spend getting to know the girl next door this summer. If you can become friends with her, that may be all you really need. You can go to her house to pet and play with Meow, or whatever her name really is. If that isn't enough for you, it may be time to ask your parents whether you can adopt a cat of your own.

Margret

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm sorry to say that I agree with the others. Meow is technically their cat, and it seems like their daughter really does love her...despite the lack of care the family have so far demonstrated. Margret Margret 's advice really is the best course of action. Hopefully Meow's original family will wake up and look after her properly now.

You always knew there was a chance her family would wake up and take responsibility for her. It's sad for you, but may be the best outcome for all concerned. I know it doesn't seem that way, but look at it like this: You were always limited in what you could do for her (ie vet treatment would be awkward because she wasn't truly yours), it seems like your mum was worried about Meow triggering a major argument between you and your neighbours...and it was a totally legitimate and reasonable concern - if you and your neighbours have a major bust up it won't be much fun for any of you.

I think let Meow go to her original home. Maybe you can use this experience as a way in to talking to your parents about having a cat of your own. After all, you're all used to having a cat around the house now. There are tons of cats in need of homes, and I'm sure there are plenty of rescue places in your area. When I lived in London I got a dog from Battersea Dogs Home. They have loads of cats too. There's also the Blue Cross, Rspca...and that's just off the top of my head. I know it won't be the same as Meow, but you can bond just as strongly with another cat, and you'd be free of the worries that dealing with Meow's family brought. Besides, you'll still get to see Meow, and believe me - you'll always hold a special place in her heart. :hugs:

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hey guys so today the cat came and she came literally
running inside tthe daughter of the owner is about 8 or 9
yrs old . I dont think I can get to know her
and I wont buy a cat becuase meow is like a animal
who comes and goes and if here owners have problems
with her in the future she should always remember I will always
be their
I think the reason they buyed meow is becuase shes
a mouse catcher my mum has saw her at 6.oo playing with mouses
and so have I
anyways the most important thing is even if the owners
start caring for her I will always be their
Thxz

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
btw the cat is a fulltime outdoor cat

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a full time outdoor cat, or she was a full time outdoor cat? I thought you said before that they'd been keeping her in?

Getting your own cat doesn't prevent you from being there for Meow if she needs you. If she has a truce going with the local foxes she can deal with a second cat.

Of course she catches and eats mice if no one's been feeding her. She probably also eats birds. That doesn't mean they got her to catch mice any more than it means they got her to catch birds. Jasmine catches and eats spiders, but that's not why we got her. (And, BTW, she informs me that spiders taste horrible, but she still eats them. She seems to feel that if you kill something you're obligated to eat it, and she wants to stalk the spiders more than she wants to not have to eat them.)

Cats love to stalk prey. That's what most of their play is, and if no one feeds them it's a necessary survival skill for them. The neighbors may have gotten her as a mouser, and they may have made up the story about their daughter crying for her. But those are assumptions that you're not really qualified to make. You don't actually know your neighbors that well, and this is something you want to be true. When your emotions are this involved your judgment becomes suspect. I'm not saying that you need to continually second-guess your own judgment, that becomes crippling. But you're young enough that it can be difficult to separate wishful thinking from a reasoned conclusion. Take a little bit more time before you make permanent decisions. Even for those of us who are older that's a good rule of thumb when we're under stress, and you're definitely under stress right now. Give yourself some time to come to terms with the neighbors' assertion of their ownership of Meow.

Margret

Last edited:

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi margret yes shes a full time outdoor cat And no i didnt say
that they keep her inside but I definitely know she stays outside
even at night she know the sound of my dads car she comes running
when she hears him I sometimes wake up and see her sleeping on the
floor in my room sooo cute I also was thinking they properly
made that up . And i meant that if they dont want the cat anymore
I would be their for her and take responsibility of her
and I think they only got her as a mouser becuase I dont think
they would normally get a cat I have seen her play with mouses
eat them even though I feed her

How does jasmine inform you that she does t like spiders
BTW can you please send a picture or pictureS of jasmine
I really wanna see her

Thx margret
such a cute this is like her in the morning
when she stays overnight
thxz

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She tells me she doesn't like the spiders the same way you would tell someone -- she makes a face. "Oooh, ick!"

You have seen Jasmine's picture; that's her in my avatar. And the background is my green sweater that's now too big for me because I've lost weight.

We took a picture of Roger, me, and Jasmine with the web cam in my laptop shortly after we got Jasmine so that we could send the picture to family members who live in other parts of the country. (This was before I had a smartphone that would let me take pictures and email them.) I just edited it down to use Jasmine as my avatar.

I don't have any more recent pictures of her because every time she does something really cute I'm too slow to pull out my camera.

Have you ever seen the Zome Tools toy? You can look it up online if you don't know what I'm talking about. I have a complete set, and once used it to create a Bucky ball shape (a.k.a. a snub icosahedron, a soccer ball in the U.S., or a football in Europe). Jasmine got curious and climbed inside, but by the time I pulled out the phone to take a picture she was out, and not even treats or the laser pointer will lure her back in. Frustrating. She just doesn't understand the importance of cameras. One of these days I'll get a shot of her taking up my entire bed by sleeping smack in the center of it.

Gotta go.

Margret

Last edited:

kat thompson

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Look on line about making a feral/stray enclosure out of a plastic tub. It is great. I also used a wire crate surrounded by plastic tarp and put straw inside for a local stray. It keeps her warm and dry. There are lots of feral colonies in our city and rescues make enclosures like this for them. If you put a collar on a cat it should be the break.away type. This will insure a cat doesn't get caught on something and get hung.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wow jasmine is quite a character
and I was aking for more pictures. But
since jasmine wont get hold of its okay

Can you see her tummy is brown I think its
because of the sun

Her bold spot is gone better the place is turned black which
means her hair are regrowing

Bye guyz

Last edited:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All cats are characters. For all their similarities (sleeping a lot, loving play, etc.) they're just as individual as humans, and, like humans, they have personal preferences and quirks. That's why I tend to refer to them as "short furry persons." And to humans (when discussing cats) as "humans," rather than as "people." It seems disrespectful to the cats to imply that only humans are people.

Margret

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Yeah, it's normal :) You can probably stop the bathing now - if the fur is coming back and the lump has shrunk then she'll be fine now. Bet you'll both be glad for that to be over :nod:

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Um, how much salt were you putting in that salt water?

By the way, we didn't rescue Jasmine, we adopted her. Her previous human had to give Jasmine up when her granddaughter developed a cat allergy, and a friend in my computer club asked whether anyone in the club was looking for a cat. We were, and fell in love with Jasmine immediately. I've told my friend in the club that even if the granddaughter is suddenly cured of her cat allergy (something that's not going to happen), Jasmine's former human can't have her back; she's ours now.

Margret

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I put half of a table spoon
and use cotton buds to put it on Her
I use warm water okay I will stop now
and margret I was talking about columbine
she rescued a cat
and cute story how she came to you