cat tick and flea collar dangerous

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
That's great, and really mature of you :)

The best way to find shelters etc in your area is to look in the phone directory or Google a phrase like 'cat rescue luton'. I can't put links here because some of the sites are connected to other forums. I know there's Cat's Protection League center in Luton, though.

You might also want to look into volunteering at a shelter. It's a great way to spend time with cats and really do some good at the same time.

If you do adopt, try not to be too fixated on colour - all cats are beautiful and loving. It would be a shame to turn a cat away just on colour. The best thing to do is have in your head 'requirements' so to speak. These should be things like what personality of cat will fit into your family (I wouldn't advise you to take on a cat that has a lot of issues that need to be worked through), what kind of age range you're after, whether or not you're prepared to take on a high maintenance car such as a Persian type (lots of daily grooming is needed to keep long coats tangle free...not always practical if you're doing GCSEs, say)...you get the idea. Colour really shouldn't be a factor, and sex isn't a big deal either once a cat is spayed/neutered. The new cat will never Meow, so don't try to make it be.

As an example - when I went to choose Pixie I wanted an adult dog that didn't need lots of training, short coat so didn't need too much grooming (I just didn't have the time for daily major grooming sessions, or money for regular clips/trims), and a lurcher or greyhound type because they don't need as much exercise as some other breeds...they're sprinters, not marathon runners ;)

You have to be cold going into it, because the chances are you'll fall for every face you see, and will want to take them all home with you!

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A Google search on "cat shelters in London" produced at least ten results. I'm in Colorado, have only visited London once, long ago, and was not focused on cat shelters at the time. Perhaps someone else on this site has more information. Until you get a response from someone more knowledgeable, I suggest you check the phone book or do your own Google search.

Also, it's probably unwise to limit yourself to black cats. The reason you're doing that is that you want a second Meow, and that cat doesn't exist. All cats are individuals, just as much as all humans (even identical twins) are. If you have impossible expectations for the cat you get, it will not be a happy result. You'll be disappointed, the cat will pick up on that and be unhappy that she can't win you over, just a bad situation all around.

In addition, by focusing only on black cats you may miss the cat that will be perfect for you. Just look for a cat that you can fall in love with and that seems like it can fall in love with you. Remember, love is the only thing that you get more of by giving it away. (I know, that sounds like a cheap platitude. That's because it's a truism. It really is true, and useful.) You can't betray your love for Meow by loving another cat, for that cat's own self, as all of us deserve to be loved.

Margret

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankyou columbine and margret
I will keep that in mind
I wss thinking of getting a cat but
our house extention is gonna start
so im goanna back down from that
for a moment but definitely look for what
you suggested thnx

Meow came over sunday I think
I heard her voice meowing and thought its my mind
because I get noise in my head of meow
like I hear her but dont see her its weird
anyways so she meowed I let her in my bedroom
after 20minutes her owner came with her daughter
and said is the cat here and my mum said no
then my sister told me to this and I told my mum
and we found out meow came through the window being sneaky
then after a hour I took her home

So my sister is the owners sons nursey teacher and she asked him
where is the cat she doesnt come anymore and he said she locked
in the .... my sister doesnt know his exact word
so I thought alot and figured she might be in one of the
sheds becuase they have 3 or 4 sheds so they might have kept
her there but her fur is reallly shine so that means
she getting good food gladly

Im glad meow came I said bye to her finallllyyyy kissess for meow

Margret

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cats are good at being sneaky. :nod: Except when they're trying to get your attention! :woohoo:

I'm glad you got a chance to say goodbye, finally. Even if you've decided to hold off on getting your own cat, you still might want to volunteer at a shelter. It will give you a chance to be around cats and help them find forever homes. The only problem is that you'll likely find that you want to adopt all of them yourself!

If they came over to ask whether Meow was there, they must have noticed she was gone. This is good -- it means they're paying attention.

Margret

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm do glad you got to say goodbye properly :) Meow will never forget you. You've done her a great service in getting her owners to take proper care of her.

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thankyou guys
yes I also saw that her fur was really shine which
could only suggest shd getting good food right?
I looked out side the window yesterday and I saw meow
tied us to a bike in the garden
obviously the owner wouldn't let her go
it was a bit sad to see her tied up
but she getting food love and shelter
soo its cool I definitely think they should
just let her be a indoor cat she would be more
happier :)

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Meows been wondering around in my garden
finding wasy to come in and her owners keep .asking for
her but she keep disappearing
I dont know where she is though

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Meow isn't your responsibility. It's sad that her owners aren't willing to look after her like you did, but it's out of your hands. Its certainly not your fault that Meow would rather be with you. Try not to torture yourself hon. :hugs:

mwallace056

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Meow isn't your responsibility. It's sad that her owners aren't willing to look after her like you did, but it's out of your hands. Its certainly not your fault that Meow would rather be with you. Try not to torture yourself hon.
agreed she isn't your responsibility 

catgirl28

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well good luck to meow

Hey are u guys intrested in chickens in general
I got 2 baby cockerals a few days ago

catgirl28

TCS Member