Can Kittens Have mother Milk & Kitten replacement formula.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Excellent gains!
I think the biggest ones are the C section babies 😂 and also is it normal for them to pant? I wanna know if they are to warm or something but to touch they feel normal.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like they may be too warm if they are panting. Cool the room a bit and see if they stop.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It sounds like they may be too warm if they are panting. Cool the room a bit and see if they stop.
I’m keeping it cool but I don’t want them to cold also. Btwww off topic a lot but do y’all have any recommendations for a bad sunburn my face is swollen after working in the sun yesterday. All the kittens are doing well still and will be 5-6 days old tomorrow. 3 are 5 days and 3 are 6 days.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Apply aloe lotion and take naproxen or ibuprofen for the facial swelling from sunburn. Keep your face extra moisturized while healing.

Use sunscreen and wear a hat next time.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Apply aloe lotion and take naproxen or ibuprofen for the facial swelling from sunburn. Keep your face extra moisturized while healing.

Use sunscreen and wear a hat next time.
😭 my job didn’t tell me we were working outside and they were suppose to supply us with sunscreen.. I will weigh the kittens today is weighing every 2 days ok?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
😭 my job didn’t tell me we were working outside and they were suppose to supply us with sunscreen.. I will weigh the kittens today is weighing every 2 days ok?
If they are thriwing and you know they are stabilized and gaining, every 2 day is OK.

If they arent stabilized going on steady on upward, better to take it every day...

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If they are thriwing and you know they are stabilized and gaining, every 2 day is OK.

If they arent stabilized going on steady on upward, better to take it every day...
~Day 7-8

Tabby 175 grams

Gray 177 grams

Black 170 grams

Big white 207 grams

Little white 167 grams

Little biscuit 189 grams
Is little white doing ok ? He has gained 25 grams but he seems to be gaining a little slower but he still doing alright. Both of our white kittens are turning into little Siamese. We had a stray Siamese I would feed so I assume he is one of the fathers. He’s been gone awhile I fear something may have happened he was very feral scared of humans.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Yes, all their weights are excellent for days 7-8. They are all over 5 ounces already, and only needed to be at 4 ounces at one week.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, all their weights are excellent for days 7-8. They are all over 5 ounces already, and only needed to be at 4 ounces at one week.
Oh ok 😁 glad to know everyone healthy biscuit (aka mama) is doing well to even though she only has one stitch left but it’s scabbing so I assume that’s good.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
~Day 7-8

Tabby 175 grams

Gray 177 grams

Black 170 grams

Big white 207 grams

Little white 167 grams

Little biscuit 189 grams
Is little white doing ok ? He has gained 25 grams but he seems to be gaining a little slower but he still doing alright. Both of our white kittens are turning into little Siamese. We had a stray Siamese I would feed so I assume he is one of the fathers. He’s been gone awhile I fear something may have happened he was very feral scared of humans.
Yes, 25 grammes during two days is fully OK. Everything of 10 or more daily is good.

The stray may easily be the ONLY father... Because its not enough with having a father; momma must be a carrier of the point gene she too... Its a recessive gene... So a pointed father and point carrier mother will give statistically about half - half points and non points... The non points are themselves points carriers...

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, 25 grammes during two days is fully OK. Everything of 10 or more daily is good.

The stray may easily be the ONLY father... Because its not enough with having a father; momma must be a carrier of the point gene she too... Its a recessive gene... So a pointed father and point carrier mother will give statistically about half - half points and non points... The non points are themselves points carriers...
I would like that to be but there is another Tom cat running around he’s a tabby. My dad said he had seen a orange one and a couple months ago we had a bob tail black kitten around 8 months probably but the Siamese ran it off. I assume since I haven’t seen the Siamese he has passed or been caught. He would allow me to watch him I just couldn’t get close. He would always come out and watch me feed him but he has no longer come around instead possums are coming around. They had before but they are the ones stopping by every night now no cat.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I would like that to be but there is another Tom cat running around he’s a tabby. My dad said he had seen a orange one and a couple months ago we had a bob tail black kitten around 8 months probably but the Siamese ran it off. I assume since I haven’t seen the Siamese he has passed or been caught. He would allow me to watch him I just couldn’t get close. He would always come out and watch me feed him but he has no longer come around instead possums are coming around. They had before but they are the ones stopping by every night now no cat.
If the pointed cat was around when the mating was done, its most simple to presume HE is the alone father.... Unless there is some other pattern in the born kittens which reveal there must be at least two fathers. Say a tabby where none of the known parents is a tabby. Or a white spotted where all known parents are solid. This is not that common but it certainly happens.

Its often said a litter where kittens looks differently have several fathers. And biologically its possible, especielly as a female out in the nature often do mates with several males; essentially with all males present. But the fun fact is; knowing basic cat hereditary, its often easy analyse, its usually just 1 father.... Even if she mated with several.

Of course, the point gene is quite widespread. So some other tom, carrying the point gene, as the momma does, would too produce some points.
1 in four is typical, but 2 of 5 is too fully possible.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
If the pointed cat was around when the mating was done, its most simple to presume HE is the alone father.... Unless there is some other pattern in the born kittens which reveal there must be at least two fathers. Say a tabby where none of the known parents is a tabby. Or a white spotted where all known parents are solid. This is not that common but it certainly happens.

Its often said a litter where kittens looks differently have several fathers. And biologically its possible, especielly as a female out in the nature often do mates with several males; essentially with all males present. But the fun fact is; knowing basic cat hereditary, its often easy analyse, its usually just 1 father.... Even if she mated with several.

Of course, the point gene is quite widespread. So some other tom, carrying the point gene, as the momma does, would too produce some points.
1 in four is typical, but 2 of 5 is too fully possible.
He had been around when she was around, he wasn’t rude to her but her to him. She is a stray I'm not sure if she was dumped Or just lost her way but she is really kind and loves people. The Siamese was probably gone a week after she came in. Even though he stayed with us almost a full year he does go to other houses around us. He’s been gone awhile though so he’s either off with more females maybe or something happened. I’m not sure but I took a liking to him he got cans and treats so I hope he’s in a good place. 🤗 kittens are doing well day 8-9 no eyes open yet though.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
He had been around when she was around, he wasn’t rude to her but her to him.
Oh, but that is common. A friendly tom is belegeuring patiently and making his advances, making friendly noises and being near, a female typically says no and defends her honor...
But suddenly she gives up and allows him, and he is doing what he shall....
AFTERWARDS they are usually pals... And its easiest to see they have mated, if she was vigorously defending, but suddenly the are pals and resting together....

I have seen this many times, as our residents were working studs.

A dominant, territorial, not especielly firendly tom takes of course what he wants, with force if so is.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, but that is common. A friendly tom is belegeuring patiently and making his advances, making friendly noises and being near, a female typically says no and defends her honor...
But suddenly she gives up and allows him, and he is doing what he shall....
AFTERWARDS they are usually pals... And its easiest to see they have mated, if she was vigorously defending, but suddenly the are pals and resting together....

I have seen this many times, as our residents were working studs.

A dominant, territorial, not especielly firendly tom takes of course what he wants, with force if so is.
Oh no she showed up pregnant she wasn’t in heat and even had a little belly but he was still kind to her and didn’t try to run her off. I was thinking maybe he brought her here. Also the kittens are sneezing a bit I am gonna wash their bedding since it’s dirty thinking that might be a cause. It’s not everyone sneezing and once they just all sneeze a little but I weighed one that was sneezing while I was with them and she is still gaining 10 or more grams a day.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ok is is normal for them to be spitting? They are 10-11 days old they are starting to open their eyes but the on panting and hissing doesn’t have his eyes open yet. I’m just wondering if it’s normal behavior i know they can be spicy I just didn’t think they started before their eyes opened.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Ok is is normal for them to be spitting? They are 10-11 days old they are starting to open their eyes but the on panting and hissing doesn’t have his eyes open yet. I’m just wondering if it’s normal behavior i know they can be spicy I just didn’t think they started before their eyes opened.
With spitting, you mean, sound angry? yes they can... Althought not the most usual with domestics (even feral domestics);
it would be more common with wild cats... Whom although very look alike, are really another specie... But yeah, of course these too can be fostered when taken young.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Omg I tried to log in on the web but whatever won’t let me. Anyways hi y’all all kittens are healthy but mama has sore nips and lactating less. She’s been meowing a lot when they eat and she kicked one earlier not hard just a push. I need to know what’s safe for everyone I thought the replacement they didn’t like it .

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Omg I tried to log in on the web but whatever won’t let me. Anyways hi y’all all kittens are healthy but mama has sore nips and lactating less. She’s been meowing a lot when they eat and she kicked one earlier not hard just a push. I need to know what’s safe for everyone I thought the replacement they didn’t like it .
if momma is sore on the teats, you can smear virgin olive oil or even better coldpressed cocoa oil on the teats...

Also, you can perhaps begin to wean the kittens? So the pressure on momma becomes lesser.

IF you use replacement milk, kmr. Had you tried with goats milk? It works better for some.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
if momma is sore on the teats, you can smear virgin olive oil or even better coldpressed cocoa oil on the teats...

Also, you can perhaps begin to wean the kittens? So the pressure on momma becomes lesser.

IF you use replacement milk, kmr. Had you tried with goats milk? It works better for some.
I’ve used goat milk before with one of my cat we found him literally in the road he was young and took goat milk. These kittens however showed no interest and mom ended up drinking their milk are they not to young to be weaned? They are 4 weeks