Can Kittens Have mother Milk & Kitten replacement formula.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
No, coconut oil is non-toxic to the kittens and has healing properties. Kitten claws are sharp, so trim the very tips with tiny nail scissors or clippers. Mom will thank you.

Since the kittens are fighting, try rotating 3 on and 3 off every couple of hours. It’s important they all get plenty of time to nurse in peace. They need to gain weight.

Put the three who are “off” in a separate warm nest; then switch.
I’m not sure mama would like that she’s not aggressive just worried about her babies. They usually sleep together at once also. I would also like to mention one of the babies came feet first will that cause him any harm?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Trimming the tips of the kittens’ front claws will help mom’s belly to not be scratched up. Their claws hurt her when they “mother” while nursing.

Rotating is to help the kittens gain weight. They can all sleep together at night and rotate during the day. I think you’ll see weight gains by rotating. Or perhaps you would prefer to begin supplementing?

A breech birth should not have harmed the kitten.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’m not sure mama would like that she’s not aggressive just worried about her babies. They usually sleep together at once also. I would also like to mention one of the babies came feet first will that cause him any harm?
Is it ok if I get everything tmr. The coconut oil, small scissors, and scale? It’s 11pm I can’t do
Trimming the tips of the kittens’ front claws will help mom’s belly to not be scratched up. Their claws hurt her when they “mother” while nursing.

Rotating is to help the kittens gain weight. They can all sleep together at night and rotate during the day. I think you’ll see weight gains by rotating. Or perhaps you would prefer to begin supplementing?

A breech birth should not have harmed the kitten.
ok I Was thinking I could assist feed if the babies take to it. I was giving them 2 days with moms milk for the good stuff. They pretty much rotate themselves as of right now there are 3 on and 3 sleeping. I’ll trim and put coconut oil on tomorrow I’ll check a bigger store for a scale while I’m out tomorrow as well. She only has 2 stitches left on the outside right now there was 4. Also at the end of her suture it’s a little wet.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Tomorrow is fine. You need to call the vet tomorrow also about her stitches. They may need to restitch unless she has another set of dissolvable stitches underneath.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Tomorrow is fine. You need to call the vet tomorrow also about her stitches. They may need to restitch unless she has another set of dissolvable stitches underneath.
He does do dissolvable I’ll update tomorrow how everything is going and when I get a better scale. Thank you so much for helping 😁

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s eating wet food we’ve been giving her the kitten formula to help her milk supply. The kittens can all get on at once now because she’s able to roll on her back more but they usually do fight. They fight really rough actually even growling I believe. The scale could be wrong which is why I’m gonna order a scale with same day delivery though so it should be here in the next day or 2. Coconut oil won’t harm her incision area? I can show a pic of it also
coconut oil best if its coldpressed organic style... Any coconut oil will soothe, but its the coldpressed organic style which have these extra healing properties.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Re the scale. You can perhaps borrow a suitable scale from some neighbour??

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Re the scale. You can perhaps borrow a suitable scale from some neighbour??
I burrowed the old scale from my sister it’s a diet food scale. I don’t really know anyone that has a kitchen scale I’m gonna check Walmart tomorrow 😁 and about the coconut oil I would have to order it… unless you know of local stores that I could check that sale it?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I burrowed the old scale from my sister it’s a diet food scale. I don’t really know anyone that has a kitchen scale I’m gonna check Walmart tomorrow 😁 and about the coconut oil I would have to order it… unless you know of local stores that I could check that sale it?
Im not living in US, so I dont know any local shops. but Walmart should have such a coldpressed coconut oil. Its a standard product, at least in Sweden.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Im not living in US, so I dont know any local shops. but Walmart should have such a coldpressed coconut oil. Its a standard product, at least in Sweden.
Ok I believe I’ll have to go to a super center Walmart my town Walmart is not that big so they don’t have much to choose from. 😁 All good it’s like a 30-40 minute drive so not to far. Will look for it though

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I forgot to get nail clips but she’s doing ok it’s not irritated she doesn’t have any stitched left outside but her incision still looks fine.

Gray kitten weighs 120 grams

Runt tabby weighs 110

Big white weighs 138

Little white weighs 113

Black weighs 112

Mini biscuit weighs 123

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, very good!
So you think they should be ok without assist feeding? Lately they have all been able to get milk at once just every now and then one struggles but I usually help even though some of the kittens are reluctant and would like to find their own 😂.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We will know for sure when you post weights again tomorrow and the next few days if each is gaining properly. Weighing is the way we check on gains.
Okay I’ll weigh them around the same time I did today tomorrow and so forth.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay I’ll weigh them around the same time I did today tomorrow and so forth.
I’ll update on the morning if I can’t tmr afternoon sorry long day at work but everyone’s ok. They are panting which I’m not sure why I thought it was to warm but their little body’s feel like a normal room temperature.

PineappleDaisy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ll update on the morning if I can’t tmr afternoon sorry long day at work but everyone’s ok. They are panting which I’m not sure why I thought it was to warm but their little body’s feel like a normal room temperature.
Sorry for the late update yall
Gray weighs 148 Grams

Mini biscuit weighs 159 grams

Black weighs 142 grams

Runt weighs 146 👀

Little white weighs 142 grams

Big white weighs 172 grams