Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

I've just realised I'm going to have to find some 'overnight babblers'... people to keep things going in my time zone... 

Do you realise how lonely that is sometimes... early evening - great time for me to catch up on TCS - and everyone's asleep!  It can be so lonely in here 
Mani, I'm in Hawaii, so even though you're technically almost a full day ahead of me we're still awake here right now.  Plus I have horrible insomnia, so I'm normally up all hours anyway:(  By the way, my hubby plays World of Warcraft & his group that he plays with are based out of Australia

And speaking of my hubby, he just turned 30 on Wednesday, so now I can tease him that he's an "old man"
hehe!  The fact that he's been taking naps in the afternoon when he gets home from work just makes him even easier to tease
.  To be honest, I can't blame him for wanting a nap though since he's up by 5am to go in for PT & is normally at work until 4pm or 5pm.  Who wouldn't be tired after a 12 hour day?

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I'm up and the clock said 4am & body said time for meds & pain relief, so did all that. Just thought I'd peek at this site while sitting on edge of my bed. DH is already up I hear, like always he starts his day at this ungodly hour! Sits & smokes in the bathroom, hacking loudly so he can wake me with my room right next to it. Just hollared at him to do that in the kitchen! Men... :(
Guess will try to get some more rest, for what its worth. Hope you all have a good morning, though!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

Mani, I'm in Hawaii, so even though you're technically almost a full day ahead of me we're still awake here right now.  Plus I have horrible insomnia, so I'm normally up all hours anyway:(  By the way, my hubby plays World of Warcraft & his group that he plays with are based out of Australia

And speaking of my hubby, he just turned 30 on Wednesday, so now I can tease him that he's an "old man"
hehe!  The fact that he's been taking naps in the afternoon when he gets home from work just makes him even easier to tease
.  To be honest, I can't blame him for wanting a nap though since he's up by 5am to go in for PT & is normally at work until 4pm or 5pm.  Who wouldn't be tired after a 12 hour day?
Happy 'we're awake' time, ArcherBaby... it's 7pm here and i'm just sitting down to dinner.

Oh dear... 30 years old and old... oh dear....

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Another reminder of
The Rules

1. Minimum of 15 words per post.

Don't bother with counting words. Just make sure your posts are longer than one line and you should be ok.

2. Proper English. Please don't just hit randomly at your keyboard. No gibberish allowed and as with other posts on the site, try to avoid texting abbreviations.

3. Comprehensible posts. Your posts can be drivel, but they still need to make sense. Avoid using automated text generators. It's a babbling thread, but we still want to see communication with your fellow members.

4. Original posts only. Please do not copy and paste text from another source. Not even from this site. Not even if you were the author. Just write something fresh for this thread.

5. No consecutive posts. You can't add a reply if yours is the last post in the thread. If anyone starts talking to themselves to speed things up, they risk getting banned from this thread.

After a week of gray and sometimes wet days, the sun is finally shining again. The temperature hasn't gone up much, though. Our town has its annual outdoor flea market today. It always surprises me to see out-of-state and sometimes foreign license plates. We generally don't find much of anything there, but other people must, because with so many people milling about it's almost impossible to walk through. I don't think I can bear the crowds today. Jamie used to like to watch all the people from the balcony. It'll be interesting to see how Mogli reacts.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
No flea market here today and the street's quiet outside so Mouse is waiting patiently for me to play instead of perching on his viewing post - he's forgotten I'm about to head off to my volunteering today:-(   He'll probably end up snoozing for a few hours then bounce about to make up for it when I get back. Fun.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
At least he'll snooze and not go shred the toilet paper or empty a waste paper basket. Mogli figures he shouldn't be left alone on weekends, even if he does snooze half the afternoon.:lol3:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Beautiful Sunday morning, Drinking my coffee and thinking it is time to feed the fur babies. Had a late night. A couple at church had 50th year wedding anniversary celebration. We had lots of gospel singing afterwards. It really was nice. I think the highlight was a high school girl who played a medley of praise songs on the piano. It was so wonderful, Probably do some shopping before the day is over. I am needing cat food for Mattie and litter for the boxes, among other things. Everyone have a Super Sunday and stay safe.:nod:

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Good morning everybody! Bootser allowed us to sleep in this morning....we never got out of bed until a little after 7:00! That's unheard of around here! She got an extra helping of breakfast and a few treats.....and a lot of "What a good baby you are!" 

A very cloudy Sunday here. Rick is taking his mom to church and I am working on laundry. Have a wonderful day!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
It's very late.... I stayed up late watching "Snow White and the Huntsman".  An amazing take on the old fairytale.

And now to bed... Have a lovely day, all you morning people...

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am trying to wake my son up for church. It is not going well. It never does. Why is church so early? It'd be nice to sleep in and go after lunch.

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a question please feel free to give me your advice. I'm currently fostering 5 week old nursing kittens. I have one kitten who I have to give medication to 3 times a day ( twice in the eye, 3 times oral). I  hold him at other times (non medication time to give him cuddles and love, I even sing to him) so he won't be afraid of me. Any other advice of things I could do?

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very late.... I stayed up late watching "Snow White and the Huntsman".  An amazing take on the old fairytale.
And now to bed... Have a lovely day, all you morning people...
Hey I saw that movie & loved it!! Very cool special effects- highly recommend anyone see it, if you like fantasy flicks! :)

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Went onto you tube and put on relaxing music. Took my little guy, tucked him into my housecoat, a few little rubs behind the ear and he's off in dreamland.:)

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Nothing better then snuggles with a sleepy kitty. That's one thing I do miss about kittens. A big 17 lb snuggle isn't bad either.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
There are two points and between those two points is a middle point.  In fact, there are lots of points in between and they are middle points for other points.  And somewhere  boxes reside at these points and in those boxes are cats.  Why those cats are in the boxes, I have no idea as only they know the point of being in the box.  But they are cute and we need more pictures of cats in boxes because it is pointless to have pictures of boxes without cats.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Pictures of boxes without cats are pointless

Reading through some threads, I noticed that a couple of people who could have used the @Mentions feature didn't. I guess they haven't seen this thread: @Mentions - Now LIVE on TheCatSite.com!

Mogli has been a bundle of energy the past few hours. Hopefully he'll let us sleep tonight - unfortunately it isn't a holiday here.

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Laundry day is never ending. I think the clothes pile grows when i'm not looking. Windows open enjoying the breeze. What to make for dinner, think I look through some recipe books and find a new dish to try. Happy Sunday everyone!!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Pictures of boxes without cats are pointless

Reading through some threads, I noticed that a couple of people who could have used the @Mentions feature didn't. I guess they haven't seen this thread: @Mentions - Now LIVE on TheCatSite.com!

Mogli has been a bundle of energy the past few hours. Hopefully he'll let us sleep tonight - unfortunately it isn't a holiday here.
1.  I've always thought most pictures without cats were pointless, with or without box.

2.  This @ mentions thing has me bamboozled.  I read the thread and I can't cope. My brain went in to overload and switched off!

I came in from my afternoon of volunteering - followed by a food shop, and collapsed in to a chair only to be driven to cat play by a certain Mouse digging under the sofa trying to get DaBird out again. 
  He still likes it. He has now gone for another snooze though, he obviously didn't get enough Zs when I was out for 6 hours in a row.   At 2 1/2 he is such an old man!   And no, there was no sign of destruction when I came in so think it's safe to assume very little movement other than breathing took place!  I think I'd like to be a cat (as long as I lived with a nice person in a warm house). 

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@MServant   All you do is type "@" and then start typing a username of who you want to mention.  It'll bring up a little drop down list of people.  When I mentioned you I think you came up after typing only "MSer" and I clicked on your username with my mouse.  Give it a try; you can mention me here if you want. :)

It's sunny.  Finally!  I'm almost sad to see the sun go down tonight because it didn't really clear out till this afternoon.  I'm still fighting the urge to nap though!