Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hey, I just came in to use the bathroom & had my smartphone along (cuz doesn't someone ALWAYS call when you're on the potty??) And in walks my cat, Chelsea, just to confirm all is well and to say hello. How does she always appear out of nowhere, like any time of day I come in to go? There is no cat box or food in here, either. Guess some cats just think their humans must need supervision going to the john.... lol!

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So i'm done my bulb planting, the only problem was my neighbors' daughter and her dog are visiting. That dog doesn't stop barking for 1 minute. Take that dog to dog school and get yourself trained, you're a crappy owner grrrrrrr.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I get followed everywhere in the apartment.  No privacy here.....   He never tries to follow me out the door - think he knows that's where his territory ends so he doesn't have to check what I'm up to once I'm over the threshold. 
   If I have someone staying over he's really funny coz he doesn't know who to follow, and when it gets to bed time he doesn't know where to be.  Usually he sleeps on my bed but he can't see the other room's door from there!  Unless the other person shuts their door Mouse will spend about an hour running from one bed to the other, jumping up to look at each person's face to check you out, and occasionally taking a break by sitting on the hall rug between the two rooms so he can see if anyone moves!  Eventually he comes to bed and settles with me.  If someone shuts him out he settles more quickly but still sits on the hall rug for a bit to check they don't come out.  Then he has to go straight in and inspect the room when the door opens in the morning. 
    He only follows people in to the toilet/shower if he knows them well thankfully! 

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Did a 1/2 week of grocery at 220.00 two kids eat alot. Then made baked ziti. I'm about to make garden salad to go with. Mmmmm

karkel59

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks we are so looking forward to it.They rented out a Vineyard , her wedding date is May 3 2014, we will be moving out of state June.So at least she will not be alone when we leave .

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Have you been outside enjoying the lovely Autumn weather today? I wish I felt well enough to get on my bike & toodle around awhile, but not there yet. Soon the temps will drop & so will all the beautiful leaves, as well..... :(

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Sunday morning and a very beautiful one at that.  Things are really warming up here.  I think this Summer is going to be a hot one. Lots of cyclones are predicted.  I hope my new solar panels stay on the roof!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Just in to Sunday morning here and Mouse is curled up on a fleece next to me with a look in his eyes like 'come on meowmi, it's time for bed'.  Think he's done too much playing with new toys this week. Should I give in and go to bed, or should I stay up and watch a movie I've seen several times before?

Last edited:

catbehaviors

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would you believe I was planning to PM you tonight because I was wondering where you'd been? How's Wessah? I agree, this is a fun contest. I have one of the coffee mugs and it's so pretty. I'd love to win those prizes.
nurseangel nurseangel Hey Angie! (It is Angie, right?)

It feels really good to know that someone has noticed my absence. :D Wessie is doing wonderfully. He really enjoys taking walks down the road and in the forest with me. It's great because he just follows me the whole time, I don't need a leash or anything. How have you been?

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Had a long day out with my son. By the time I got home some stitches I recently got (nothing serious, just too icky to share) were killing me so I laid down. Accidentally fell asleep and woke up to a late McDonald's supper. What good timing. :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My DD and I turned an egg into a rubber ball using vinegar.  It was super cool!  I didn't bounce it much; but it does indeed bounce!  Very neat!  I'm afraid to break it and smell it though....

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My DD and I turned an egg into a rubber ball using vinegar.  It was super cool!  I didn't bounce it much; but it does indeed bounce!  Very neat!  I'm afraid to break it and smell it though....
So it's still in the shell? Is it raw or cooked? It sounds like a fun idea but I think I'd be afraid of it breaking too. Vinegar and egg aren't my favorite smells. :) (I have got to try to get something other than the smile face to work.)

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter would love that. We are going to have to try that. I'll let her bounce it outside though.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I've just realised I'm going to have to find some 'overnight babblers'... people to keep things going in my time zone... 

Do you realise how lonely that is sometimes... early evening - great time for me to catch up on TCS - and everyone's asleep!  It can be so lonely in here 

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Oh my goodness. I didn't realize it was that late here. I took a nap today and now I'm not tired. Plus I was forced to finish an entire pint of ice cream by myself, because I was eating from the container and Peanut really wanted to lick the lid. I wanted to resist but mint chip is his favorite.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Thanks we are so looking forward to it.They rented out a Vineyard , her wedding date is May 3 2014, we will be moving out of state June.So at least she will not be alone when we leave .
I'm sure a vineyard wedding will be beautiful.   And it wonderful that she will have someone when you move.

It's our 5th day of rain here I think.  Or maybe it's the 7th.  My backyard weather station has measured over 7 inches of rain this month!  That could equal about 7 feet of snow according to one thing I found on the web!!
I read this wrong and thought you were expecting 7 feet of snow.  I was about to be so jealous.  

Have you been outside enjoying the lovely Autumn weather today? I wish I felt well enough to get on my bike & toodle around awhile, but not there yet. Soon the temps will drop & so will all the beautiful leaves, as well.....
Hope you are feeling better soon.  

Just in to Sunday morning here and Mouse is curled up on a fleece next to me with a look in his eyes like 'come on meowmi, it's time for bed'.  Think he's done too much playing with new toys this week. Should I give in and go to bed, or should I stay up and watch a movie I've seen several times before?
I am too late to vote on this, but I would have definitely gave in a gone to bed.  

@nurseangel Hey Angie! (It is Angie, right?)

It feels really good to know that someone has noticed my absence.
Wessie is doing wonderfully. He really enjoys taking walks down the road and in the forest with me. It's great because he just follows me the whole time, I don't need a leash or anything. How have you been?
It is Angie!  I am doing fine.  I'm happy to see you back.  

My DD and I turned an egg into a rubber ball using vinegar.  It was super cool!  I didn't bounce it much; but it does indeed bounce!  Very neat!  I'm afraid to break it and smell it though...
How fun!  I have never heard of this...I can't wait to tell my supervisor.  She will want to make one for her kids.  

Now for my babble:  have I told you that Daisy has become a clock-watcher?  I don't know if she has noticed me watching the clock when it is time for DH to get off from work or what.   But when it nears time for him to come home, she starts looking up at the clock in the den.  It's really cute.  The rest of the day, she pays no attention to it.

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That is so cute about your clock watcher. I have a DVD stalker. Peanut is 13 and still stalks the DVD player or VCR every time we watch a movie. It's the one kitty behavior he hasn't grown out of.

I don't know what I'm going to do when this babble thread is done. My friends are getting sick of all my cat stories. lol