Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Just wanted to say that the prizes for this contest are really terrific, and whoever wins is lucky (honestly, I did not even know about TCS store here).  I would love one of everything offered, such cool designs on the merchandise.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know that there was a TCS store until this thread either! And I agree, such cool stuff on it!

Thank goodness for Subway when I am so broke. A $5 footlong is 2 meals for me (used to be one meal, yikes!). I wish that I were one of my cats. They eat a much better diet than I do.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

My daughter-in-law gave me a sample of "blue" tea. When you mix in some lemon, it turns pink. I think I'll stick to green tea. 
That sounds so interesting!  Is it blueberry tea?  Or is it just a type of tea like green tea or white tea?  I had a wonderful plum-blueberry tea the other day.  So yummy!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ooooooooohhh, I am so miserable right now! Been trying to get extra sleep all day while dealing with a course of Shingles raising hell under my skin... think scorpion & fire ants stinging randomly on your lower back & down to your feet... don't know how I'm going to survive this! :'(
I hope you feel better soon.  

Hello everyone! I haven't posted for a while, but I have been keeping up with the forums pretty well. I think this sounds like a fun contest, and I agree, wonderful prizes!
Would you believe I was planning to PM you tonight because I was wondering where you'd been?  How's Wessah?  I agree, this is a fun contest.  I have one of the coffee mugs and it's so pretty.  I'd love to win those prizes.

Last edited:

kittyfostermom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just finished giving the kittens their medications, did their laundry, yes cats have laundry. receiving blankets, towels plush toys, need to keep everything nice and clean.

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

Just finished giving the kittens their medications, did their laundry, yes cats have laundry. receiving blankets, towels plush toys, need to keep everything nice and clean.
 oh, you are fostering kittens?  bless!  I give medications daily to one of my cats, he needs meds for both hypothyroidism as well as chronic constipation/mega colon - I have 2 oldies, and you have little babies! :)

(I just read your first post, wow, maybe some day I will be able to foster too, sounds so so rewarding!)

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so tired.  I am getting ready to fix dinner (DH is working late tonight).  Anyway, it will be rigatoni at midnight.  

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

I am so tired.  I am getting ready to fix dinner (DH is working late tonight).  Anyway, it will be rigatoni at midnight.  
Sounds potentially romantic.  My husband doesn't stay up that late. 

I went to Kohls to spend my kohls cash today.  I did good!  DD needed a new winter jacket and those things can be SO expensive!!  I found a cute coat for 55% off, plus a 20% off and then my $10 in Kohls cash.   I think at that point it was around $20.  Now that's more like it!!  After that I went to Macys to exchange some jammies DD had been given in a size too small...  I walked in with 2 and walked out with one and a case of sticker shock.  My Aunt must have gotten them for a good price!!  Now that I'm looking at it here...I got DD a winter coat and a flannel nightgown for the same amount of money!  Craziness!!  My Aunt can shop at Macy's all she wants and it's always appreciated; but I will stick to kohls!

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I can't believe we're not up to 100 posts yet. This is going a lot slower than I expected. I'm just going to have to stay up and post every other time until we get to 100. :)

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
One year, I was going to a Christmas party and needed two $10.00 gifts for our gift exchange.  I went to Kohl's and found huge baskets full of bath products and lotions marked down to $10.00.  I think they had been originally around $70.00.  I love shopping there.  Believe it or not, I have never been to Macy's.  I've browsed around in their online store, but never bought anything. 

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I like Kohls if I can go alone. My mom can literally spend hours there. It's exhausting to shop that long. One time we spent 4 hours there going through clearance racks. Since then I learned to bring my own car.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I browse their clearance racks too!  Mostly for the kids things.  I have already put away the majority of DS's summer wardrobe for next year and I have quite a few things for DD too!!  For my birthday last month I went there alone with money to shop for ME!  I did spend hours there.  There is so much to look at; but I kept it to clothing then.  I had a goal in mind for what I needed for myself so I stuck to that.  And it's nothing fancy; no dress clothing beyond a pair of black dress pants.  Finding pants and jeans were the hardest part.  I ended up with just one pair of jeans.  So  now I have 2 pairs total and that's twice as many as last winter! 

I don't think I'll be going into macy's any time in the near future.  The mall is out of the way for me. It was too crowded in the pj area of the kids section to bring DS through with the stroller.  Then some sections were sparse.  The prices really were not great.  I know my Aunt shops for sales.  She could be a pro.  Shes the one who taught me to search those clearance racks at Kohls.  But ugh!  

I would love to go find DH some new things; but he doesn't think he needs much.  Probably not; but we all could enjoy a few new things from time to time!  I guess we are easier because I stay home and mostly wear sweats/athletic pants.  He wears a uniform.  

Hows that for babbling?  No problem hitting 15 for me.  Having exactly and no more would be hard. 

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My mother-in-law and sister-in-laws can shop me under the table.  One time I was at Belk and found a nice chair to rest in while they shopped.  The next day, an officer at my work told me I sure looked comfortable in that chair.  "You were almost asleep."  He also works as a loss prevention officer at Belk (stops shoplifters) and he had been watching me on the security camera!

Last edited:

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I used to shop the clearance racks for my kids for the following year. Then my son stopped growing (his closet is packed) and my daughter grew out of stuff before she got to wear it. I had to give up on that.

This staying up to post is working better than I thought. Lol

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

My mother-in-law and sister-in-laws can shop me under the table.  One time I was at Belk and found a nice chair to rest in while they shopped.  The next day, an officer at my work told me I sure looked comfortable in that chair.  "You were almost asleep."  He also works as a loss prevention officer at Belk (stops shoplifters) and he had been watching me on the security camera!
Too funny!!
I used to shop the clearance racks for my kids for the following year. Then my son stopped growing (his closet is packed) and my daughter grew out of stuff before she got to wear it. I had to give up on that.

This staying up to post is working better than I thought. Lol
My kids are 3 and 1 1/2...still little enough to do that!  My DD is the harder one right now because she is getting into the little girls sizes instead of the toddler ones.  So tall and thin her adjustable waist pants in "slim" were sliding off her today when she walked.  She obviously got some height genes!!  DS is starting to do that too.  He's almost 18 months old; his belly was hanging out of his 12 month t-shirt today and he walked out of the pants.  Both need a longer shirt and average pants.  I'm dressing mini versions of my husband for sure.

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My daughter grew so fast when she was a baby. At 6 months old she was wearing 18 month clothes. And not for the height. :) We had to lift her rolls of chub after baths because she had so many they wouldn't dry otherwise.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Aww!  Neither of mine had rolls.  Nice chubby cheeks and some thighs; but no rolls really.  The funny thing to me is they both were good eaters and still are.  I guess they just burn it off!

Now if only they could burn off some of my fat...  Besides making me run around after them!

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know what you mean. I was so skinny before I had kids. The other day I was shopping for Halloween costumes with my DD and I stopped to look at the Mario and Luigi costumes from the Nintendo games. I told her I always thought it would be funny if I dressed like Luigi (because I had been so thin) and my DH could be Mario since he's chubbier. My DD lokks at me awhile and says very seriously "mom, you would have to be Mario now." I couldn't stop laughing.