Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, it is a gorgeous day here in New York.  Sunny, 60s, just beautiful.  We've had a nice autumn so far, for which I'm really grateful.

We just returned home from taking my Mom to her favorite German restaurant for a lovely birthday dinner.  They make an excellent sauerbraten.

And now, little Schnitzel is giving me the I-wanna-take-a-nap-with-you look.  Who am I to say no?

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
l'm about to Furminate Rhys in anticipation of his vet visit tomorrow.

Maybe l should bag up the "rewards" and send it to Mani for some spinning/weaving/knitting projects.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
I'm on my way home from Pennsylvania. Lots of usual traffic at the Verrazano bridge. Listening to 3 kids scream and getting ansty. Not fun!!

But we did have fun at Hershey's park!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Spent this morning with rep for our medicare supplementary plan. Expensive, but it's something we need. Just when we made our last car payment last month, now there'll be a monthly payment for supplementary health coverage. Guess you're never ahead --- but thankfully we can do it, so I shouldn't complain.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Aaron ( I can't even imagine what autocorrect would do with that name) and I went out to eat after working around the house and yard all day. I told him about this thread and "keg" and his adventures and how I laugh every time I see "Keg". I was on my phone on the way home because Sunday is a big fantasy football day for us and was reading the latest posts by @katachtig and started laughing. He looked over at me and just said " Keg?"
@AbbysMom DH says the same "Keg?  Who is this Keg? and what are you doing while I'm wandering around in a snowstorm?"  I checked with my phone and it prefers Aston to Aaron.

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Maybe l should bag up the "rewards" and send it to Mani for some spinning/weaving/knitting projects.
If my new project of learning how to make little needle felt creatures works without me loosing all my fingers may be I should compete with Mani and I could use his spare fur instead of wool. 
   Maybe not, I suspect Mani's knitting produces more recogniseable results than my felting is going to! 

Oh no, we are now in the final day and nowhere reached that target of 1000 posts yet.  It is amazing how hard it has been!  I thought we'd get there no porblem!  Other people must have a much more exciting life than me. 
  I guess I have been on holiday at home this week , and been rubbish at sleeping, so I'll not feel too bad about posting so much.  

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

I've been looking for a book I bought at an op shop about making little furry toys out of felted cat fur (as you do...
) but I can't find it anywhere!

It's very difficult not to want to do something with all that furminated hair!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, I wouldn't say that I have an exciting life...lol! Got a bad case of "dummy arms" from working out and now just studying.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well, Keg is heading up the mountain again where it is still snowing.  Kiefer is missing his best bud and has been following me around.  No mouse games yet but he has been bringing me mice in different parts of the house.  I cleaned the litter boxes and both Kiefer and Aoibhe had to test them out.
Every time I read this post (so twice) I've started to sing "A keg went over the mountain, a keg went over the mountain to see what he could see..."  

I am about to put one of my children to bed 2 hours early.  She is so tired trying to correct her behavior is counterproductive.  I'd rather wait an hour but I don't know if anyone in this house can wait that long!  

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

I've been looking for a book I bought at an op shop about making little furry toys out of felted cat fur (as you do...
) but I can't find it anywhere!

It's very difficult not to want to do something with all that furminated hair!
If you can't find your book there's loads of stuff on line about the needle felting and I'm sure that's where I saw the comment about using dander!  Let me know and I can PM you some links SantaFe sent to me!  Apparently cat fur is much harder to work with than wool fleece. 

Oh, I wouldn't say that I have an exciting life...lol! Got a bad case of "dummy arms" from working out and now just studying.
Not exciting?  You've been working out AND now you're studying.  I've been sitting on my sofa for the past 7 hours doing nothing other than playing DaBird and TCS. 

Every time I read this post (so twice) I've started to sing "A keg went over the mountain, a keg went over the mountain to see what he could see..."  

I am about to put one of my children to bed 2 hours early.  She is so tired trying to correct her behavior is counterproductive.  I'd rather wait an hour but I don't know if anyone in this house can wait that long!  
Might you tell her stories about Keg to get her to sleep?  Or is 'A Keg went over the mountain' a lullaby?

It's getting to that point where I really need to go to bed and Mouse is getting miffed that I'm still up, but I keep seeing new  posts and I HAVE to go and look at them.  What am I going to do when I have to be back at work on Tuesday? 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

It's getting to that point where I really need to go to bed and Mouse is getting miffed that I'm still up, but I keep seeing new  posts and I HAVE to go and look at them.  What am I going to do when I have to be back at work on Tuesday? 

Take a deep breath and say to yourself "TCS will be there when I wake up"...

Or set the alarm at hourly intervals.

Or have another cup of coffee.....

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I still need to figure out my dinner.  Last weekend, Keg made a huge pan of manicotti pasta which I had all week long.  I was getting a little tired of it but now I have to find some food for dinner.  Maybe a salad.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Five minutes to the new Walking Dead episode!  I'm winding down my day with Eopie purring away on the couch next to me.  It's so sweet when she lets me pet her for an extended period of time.  Thanks, Eopie!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh look at those kitties!! So gorgeous. I could just have a houseful. I just made some cupcakes and tinkered with the recipe to try make them lovely and moist. Yes well um. They are certainly interesting cupcakes/ soufflés. I'm not ready for Masterchef yet.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's quite a clowder of cats you have there! For once I'm glad my cats got on my recliner and onto my feet; my feet were cold.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mmm, cupcakes sound good. l wish l could help you hide the evidence.

l'm eating ice cream before bed 

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  There is nothing better then Maia curling up with me to sleep. She helps me relax, makes me smile when that's the last thing on my mind, and is the safest portable heater
!

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I took a break from TCS to get some things done. Didn't think I'd ever catch up.

Finally went shopping for material for my Halloween costume. My DH is going to be Ralphie in the pink bunny jammies from The Christmas Story and I'm going to be the leg lamp. The lady at the fabric store asked if I needed thread. I've got a week to make this and two doctor appointments so I'm thinking a glue gun will work just fine. :)

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The cats are thundering around the house.

l think l've read every post on the forum!

Trying to remember some sage advice, something about hands ... sitting. My memory isn't so good. l'm off to read for the night. Babble on TCSers.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Caught up with the new season of Drop Dead Diva, made a new recipe for roasted brussel sprouts with garlic aioli for dinner, and am currently having cassava chips for the first time. Cool evening outside, nice and snuggly warm in here..Danny's purrs are positively therapeutic.

Last edited: