Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, that is so cute. Your snake is beautiful, l've always loved the look of snakes.

l worked with a guy once who was terrified of them. He came to work one day and ran out of his car shrieking like a schoolgirl - there was one in his car 
  l had to find it and put it out.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love how there are actual conversations running amongst the random blurbs :lol3:  We're over halfway there, though!

Not sure if photos are allowed, but I thought I'd share the nice friendship PJ(kitty) and Toothless(snake) have developed! PJ spends hours every day snuggled up alongside Toothless.
That is a cool looking snake! Never seen one quite like it. What species is he? Reminds me of Coral but only 2 colors.

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Had to giggle at my boys using the litter boxes. Such serious faces while they go, like they're concentrating on something.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Did anybody see the lunar eclipse last night? It was too foggy here to see anything. It's been foggy all day, too (and wet).

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
MoochNNoodles, what a fine example of adult conversation we are!  
   I know I'm a adult but never thought of my chat as being anything other than pretty mindless drivel. 

I love this thread partly because it is pure fun, I am getting to know different aspects about people to what many post in the usual threads, and there are so many very funny posts here. Whether it is one off posts or a little thread of conversation it is just great fun.  The challenge of reaching 1000 by a set date is an added bit of fun, with the challenge of trying to reach it.  I too never win anything and the fun of the challenge is what adds that little bit extra - so yes, great idea Anne! 

I'm now back from my voluntary work and feeling suitably tired.  Mouse was all cuddly when I got in, then after about 10 minutes he had to have a game of DaBird while trying to play with his Catit Circuit at the same time.  He's now gone off to find some biscuits I think.  

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
@nurseangel We vacation in SC all the time. I think we will be making a side trip to Gastonia next time round!
I love the French door fridge! Our fridge is old, and I secretly keep hoping it dies so we can get a French door style.
The trip to Tony's would definitely be worth it.  I'd bring a cooler and stock up.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
This thread is making me want ice cream, but not grape ice cream. Chocolate with chocolate chips would be good right now. I wonder if there's any left in the downstairs freezer?

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Did anybody see the lunar eclipse last night? It was too foggy here to see anything. It's been foggy all day, too (and wet).
No - anytime there is a significant astronomical event, I can guarantee we have overcast skies.

I was looking for lined flannel shirts as Keg has one that I love to wear and we can't both wear it at the same time so I wanted one or two extras so I can wear one any time and not just the times that Keg is off wandering around in a snow storm.  These are very hard to find but I found them at a website.  I was very happy 
to find them but the web page would not allow me to check out as I do not live both in a state and a province, region/territory.

{"addShippingErrors":{"lastName":"Enter a last name.","provinceRegionTerritory":"Select a province/territory/region.","phoneNumber":"Enter a valid phone number.","postalCode":"Enter a valid postal code.","city":"Enter a valid city.","firstName":"Enter a first name.","address1":"Enter a valid street address."}}
So I called the company and told them I was sad that I could not order my flannel shirts (didn't exactly say sad, just that I couldn't order it) .  So the nice lady took my order and gave me 15% off!!! 

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Doesn't Keg wear a lined flannel shirt when he's wandering in snow storms? :clap::clap::clap: that you could order the shirts. We've gotten lined flannel shirts from the VF outlet (L.L. Bean). Also flannel-lined jeans.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Doesn't Keg wear a lined flannel shirt when he's wandering in snow storms?
that you could order the shirts. We've gotten lined flannel shirts from the VF outlet (L.L. Bean). Also flannel-lined jeans.
Keg prefers to wear multiple wool layers so he only takes his wool flannel shirts when wandering in a snowstorm.  I did go to LL Bean and they had only sherpa lined shirts which were in large and extra large.  Keg is not that large and since he's been wandering around Byers Peak over the last week, he has gotten skinnier.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Keg prefers to wear multiple wool layers so he only takes his wool flannel shirts when wandering in a snowstorm.  I did go to LL Bean and they had only sherpa lined shirts which were in large and extra large.  Keg is not that large and since he's been wandering around Byers Peak over the last week, he has gotten skinnier.
Could it be that Keg needs to play a few more mouse games and do a bit less of the wandering aroud in snow storms?  Lined flannel shirts are good even if you don't go out in snowstorms :-)  I thought I'd found one in the charity shop today and got all excited but it was just a realy thick flannel one, and it was too small for me anyways.

Sitting contemplating a cup of tea or something to eat, not decided yet.  Might have to get up off the sofa to take a look.  

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I made a yummy cinnamon crunch coffee cake from a mix this morning for a family treat, and nothin beats the aroma of warm cinnamon baking in the kitchen! My boys were just drooling to get a piece of the finished product after it cooled. What's that saying.... nuthin says lovin like somethin from the oven? Must be true! :D

Last edited:

prairiepanda

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That is a cool looking snake! Never seen one quite like it. What species is he? Reminds me of Coral but only 2 colors.
She's a california kingsnake, Lampropeltis getulus californiae, desert color form. It is from the same genus as famous coral snake look-a-likes such as the scarlet kingsnake and the peublan milk snake. They're great docile snakes, and non-venomous. Fantastic with kids and calm animals ;)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
I sure could use a back rub... My shoulders are hurting from too much computer work. On the bright side, our festive shopping guide is out!

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/the-2013-holiday-shopping-guide-for-cat-lovers

Do take a look and let me know what you think. It's been a team effort and my everlasting gratitude goes to our team members, and in particular my English language Sensei @jcat

Last edited:

hakeemtarabulsi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I sure could use a back rub... My shoulders are hurting from too much computer work. On the bright side, our festive shopping guide is out!

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/the-2013-holiday-shopping-guide-for-cat-lovers

Do take a look and let me know what you think. It's been a team effort and my everlasting gratitude goes to our team members, and in particular my English language Sensei @jcat

Hi Anne,

I noticed that links/URLs are opening in the same window/tab when clicking on, and wondering if you agree with me that it would be better to open in a new window/tab, instead of moving away from the main page/article.

Just a technical suggestion!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Whoopee, festive shopping guide.
Well done guys :-)  I've already gone and had a look for some prezzie ideas. Sadly all I've found is stuff I'd like myself. 
     Wish I didn't like 'stuff'.  

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
jcat jcat . The eclipse was supposed to be very minor here with only a very small edge of the the moon dark. We remembered about it a half hour too late.

Also, I have homemade pumpkin ice cream and homemade chocolate with white, milk and dark chocolate chips in the freezer. I've been trying to give it away as it is not diet friendly. I wish I could send it to you!

Aaron ( I can't even imagine what autocorrect would do with that name) and I went out to eat after working around the house and yard all day. I told him about this thread and "keg" and his adventures and how I laugh every time I see "Keg". I was on my phone on the way home because Sunday is a big fantasy football day for us and was reading the latest posts by katachtig katachtig and started laughing. He looked over at me and just said " Keg?" :flail:

Last edited:

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Aoibhe would like to be a lap cat.  But it is a lot of work for her to be a lap cat.  First there is 2 minutes of kneading my stomach.  While she is purring, she has her little brows gathered in intense concentration. After the kneading, there has to be a full grooming session.  Only after a complete grooming and looking her best, does she settle to quality lap time.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Good morning everyone. The shopping guide for cat lover sounds good. Sounds like I'm never gonna pay off the credit card!!!! I better go take a look.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Aoibhe would like to be a lap cat.  But it is a lot of work for her to be a lap cat.  First there is 2 minutes of kneading my stomach.  While she is purring, she has her little brows gathered in intense concentration. After the kneading, there has to be a full grooming session.  Only after a complete grooming and looking her best, does she settle to quality lap time.
What a wonderful little family you have.  First we are introduced to Kiefer and the now infamous mouse game, then Keg and his personal snowstorm that follows him across mountains as he seaches for days on end to find runaway goats, and now we have the unbelievably cute sounding Aoibhe's kneading lap routine...
   Loving the sound of Aoibhe's face as she kneads away.