Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@MServant So does that mean you'll stay up for 15 hours posting in this thread?
I wonder what your arm would look like if you did?

Mogli gets up in his cat tree, which is directly across the room from my computer table, and gives me the "evil eye" if he thinks I'm spending too much time at TCS.
  Not today - but I think I have done that. 
   Not got enough quiet days this week - had to go out with my mom this afternoon. How date she get in the way of TCS. 

MY first post to this site- wouldn't it be nice to win a prize at the same time? i have 6 cats of my own and foster numerous babies for a shelter. thank god my older cats take turns with the "mothering" of the little ones.
Welcome to the madness that is TCS 
  What a great thread for your first post, but think you have some serious competition for the prize! 
   You'll have to keep posting now - your life won't be the same until this thread is done... 

So for dinner tonight, I'm having a small slice of this wonderful almond flour crust apple-cherry pie (whole thing is gluten free). Yummo!  I can't stand the calories in an almond flour crust, but the flavor is just to die for...
Mmmmmm, I love almonds. and apple - cherry pie. 

Oh tell me about laundry..ugh!  I just love (heavy sarcasm here) having to do all hubby's shirts on one wash cycle and dry them separately, then there are to be washed in hot items, not to be confused with items needing stain-treatment, that's another load. 

Laundry just multiplies..it's a plot to get me to buy a variety of laundry products.

That said, I do love my Mrs. Myers Lavender laundry softener <G>.
Do not do laundry, laundry is not necessary.  You have to buy more clothes, linen, 'stuff'.  Well, if you are lucky enough to be rich.  Now I know why I want to be rich. 

Last edited:

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Babble, babble...

l belong to an organization that has a bunch of special interest groups, one of which is a Cat SIG out of England. l love getting their newsletters, they're invariably about small groups getting together for tea and scones - with their cats. And about so-and-so's cat down the road came in the cat flap and spent the weekend, etc. 

l love that! That's how it was back in the day when l still lived there. We rarely see cats here, they're supposed to be "contained" on one's own property.

archerbaby

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My youngest cat, Hugo, has been super affectionate these past couple of days.  I'm loving it cuz I haven't been feeling great.  I think it's wonderful how they sometimes seem to just know when their humans need a little extra attention

On another note, our rescue is having our regular adoption event for our fosters this Sunday & we have lots of cats and kittens who need homes.  We haven't been having very good luck the past few weeks with people looking to adopt, so please send some of that fairy dust our way & say a little prayer that we have lots of adoptions this weekend! :)

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have friended a girl online who I buy my DD's hair bows from; her personal page and not her business one I mean.  Her cat visits every house on their culdasac (did I spell that right?  Spell check isn't helping!).  Her neighbor has tagged her in a picture of her cat curled up on their bed with their cats!  He's another that doesn't mind being dressed up by her little girls or "loved" on by her baby.  Such a cutie!! 

I just finished making grilled cheese sandwiches for the kids and I.  And a grilled ham and cheese for DH; who is using his extra day off to power wash the house, do some painting and burn the yard waste we've collected since last fall.  Oh and trim the trees up a bit.  He basically refilled the yard waste pile as soon as he was done emptying it. 

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Today I spent most of my day off cleaning my house.  I am really hoping I can get hubby to cook dinner tonight.  I just want to relax now until I go back to work on Sunday. 

It is really annoying when your lights decide to start flickering while one is taking a bath.  My bathroom does not have a window so it is pitch black with no warning.

When the lights decided to flicker it messed up the load of laundry I was doing since the washer shut off in the middle of the spin cycle.  I could not get it to re-start so I have some very wet towels in my dryer now.  I think I will wait until those are close to dry before starting the next load.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Her cat visits every house on their culdasac (did I spell that right?  Spell check isn't helping!).  Her neighbor has tagged her in a picture of her cat curled up on their bed with their cats!  He's another that doesn't mind being dressed up by her little girls or "loved" on by her baby.  Such a cutie!! 
That's fantastic 
   lt's like having the neighbourhood kids drop by for a playdate.

This home-from-work thing is just wonderful. l've been inert and browsed the web most of the day. Aaah, to be retired!

Tomorrow ... tomorrow l MUST get some chores done!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

That's fantastic 
   lt's like having the neighbourhood kids drop by for a playdate.

This home-from-work thing is just wonderful. l've been inert and browsed the web most of the day. Aaah, to be retired!

Tomorrow ... tomorrow l MUST get some chores done!
When my husband takes a day off (like today) he gets busy with a million projects.  I on the other hand; get next to nothing done because I'm off my routine! 

I now smell like smoke because I kept peeking into the burn barrel (that I'm almost not tall enough to see into because it sits on concrete blocks) to see what was happening with the pine cones DH threw into the hot ashes.  The answer is they are smoking.  I also had to go poke the ashes with a big stick.  I should probably check my hair... lol 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Two skeins of varigated silk yarn (NOT WOOL I say...),  eight handblown glass beads, ten owl buttons

and a partridge in a pear tree
Well done!  You could have bought a lot more, and it does all look very nice in your photo post.  

I didn't even get as far as a craft market.  After some rather inspiring PMs from a fellow CS  and a visit to a friend's house to learn how to do some basic felting techniques yesterday, I succumbed to Amazon shopping this evening.....   ordered myself a little needle felting kit and a basic book of patterns.  I fear these little balls of fleece are going to multiply if I manage to get some half decent results.  I will want every colour under the sun. I can feel them calling me already and I haven't even tried making anything  (little cats, little cats and more little cats)  yet....   You'll know when I've started because I'll hardly be able to type and my posts will probably be blood red from all the needle stab wounds in my fingers that will happen when I miss the intended fleece target 

Last edited:

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
mservant mservant I'm the one who read TCS posts in the bathroom at work. :) I can't keep up otherwise. Speaking of work I should probably do some of that since my dinner break is over.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
@MServant I'm the one who read TCS posts in the bathroom at work.
I can't keep up otherwise. Speaking of work I should probably do some of that since my dinner break is over.
So glad I fessed up and didn't steel your credit. 
    Thinking of work, I'll have to go back on Tuesday, that will be my week and a day's holiday over with.... 
   Then I'll have hardly any more days off due until I leave, and the days till then are going to feel very very long. I've already started counting the days down.  Then I'll feel very very broke but relieved, and just think how many posts I'll be able to put on TCS.    

Last edited:

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Keg is home for the weekend and free of the snowstorm.  It is a lovely, sunny, but chilly day here.  All of the kitties are happy as well as I am.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:woo: Keg is home safe and sound. :clap: The mouse game will be starting up again soon.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@PennyWise congratulations on your kitten status. When I was at kitten I posted like crazy because I was very excited to move up to Adult Cat. When I got to 99 posts I was stuck. I didn't want to waste post 100 on something silly. But then my wonderful cats decided to help me out and cause enough trouble that I had to ask for advice. They love me that much that they would injure themselves just so I had something to post for my 100th post. They are so giving and thoughtful that way.
Oh no!  I hope your cats are ok.  How did they injure themselves?

We thought our Schnitzel had hurt herself the other day:

Eopie and Schnitzel get into play tussles all the time, but usually its just a quick sneak attack, a "phoned-in" swat across the nose, a short hiss, the stare of death, then one or the other loses interest and walks away.  But a couple of weeks ago, they really went at it.  There was a lot of hissing, spitting, and growling, and I heard bodies tumbling across the floor.  So I raised my voice (I hate doing that to them), and they separated, but when I saw Schnitzel a few minutes later she was limping.  So hubby and I grabbed her and put her on the counter and examined the paw in question, and there was no cut, no blood, nor did she wince when we felt the little bones in her foot and leg.  And we fussed over her for almost an hour, hawking her steps and giving her LOTS of pets.  And we opened the cabinet where the treats are stored, and do you know, she ran to us like a champ.  No limp at all.  Faker!  Over the next few days the limp came and went (it came mostly when she gave me the big "please pet me" eyes, and it went mostly when she was running to the food bowl or she thought no one was watching)  So we had to laugh, because it seemed like she was completely faking.  And it's even funnier because generally in our house, she's not regarded as "the smart one."  So thankfully she wasn't hurt and she's back to normal.  And maybe we have a little more respect for her now.  Maybe

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Oh no!  I hope your cats are ok.  How did they injure themselves?

We thought our Schnitzel had hurt herself the other day:

Eopie and Schnitzel get into play tussles all the time, but usually its just a quick sneak attack, a "phoned-in" swat across the nose, a short hiss, the stare of death, then one or the other loses interest and walks away.  But a couple of weeks ago, they really went at it.  There was a lot of hissing, spitting, and growling, and I heard bodies tumbling across the floor.  So I raised my voice (I hate doing that to them), and they separated, but when I saw Schnitzel a few minutes later she was limping.  So hubby and I grabbed her and put her on the counter and examined the paw in question, and there was no cut, no blood, nor did she wince when we felt the little bones in her foot and leg.  And we fussed over her for almost an hour, hawking her steps and giving her LOTS of pets.  And we opened the cabinet where the treats are stored, and do you know, she ran to us like a champ.  No limp at all.  Faker!  Over the next few days the limp came and went (it came mostly when she gave me the big "please pet me" eyes, and it went mostly when she was running to the food bowl or she thought no one was watching)  So we had to laugh, because it seemed like she was completely faking.  And it's even funnier because generally in our house, she's not regarded as "the smart one."  So thankfully she wasn't hurt and she's back to normal.  And maybe we have a little more respect for her now.  Maybe

Schnitzel!!!  I hope Mouse doesn't learn Schnitzel's trick, I'd never get any rest.   He's very good at genuine accidents anyway and I couldn't cope with him doing fakery....   His best attempt at loosing several lives in one go was a verticle leap without checking out his surroundings when there was a tripple candle holder with 3 dinner candles in it right in front of him.

He crashed down about 4', butt first, on to one of the (unlit) candles. When I picked the candle debris from the floor and found him at the other end of the flat he had a very sore (and blood covered) butt. 
   Instant vet trip in anticipation of world's first cat colostomy being fitted, but thankfully he'd just given himself a hard waxing and a nasty cut.  He was back to his usual stupid self within a few days other than a scabby behind.  He's still got a scar to show for his antics though.  I gave him quite a few treats on that occasion, he was very sorry for himself for quite a while. 
  I am mean, I've kept the candle with his butt fluff n all. It's in a cupboard.   

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha! That reminds me of that Seinfeld "assman" episode - fusilli Mouse!! LOL.

Poor guy, l'm glad the candles weren't lit 

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
It's such a shame, Mouse never gets any sympathy, everyone (including me) just laughs! 

Katachtig, how is the mouse game going?  Are you feeling redundant?  Has Keg been reappointed as mouse master?  And, are all the mice present, correct and counted ready for action or have some gone missing?  I am happy for Keg that his personal snowstorm has decided to move on to a new person at last. 

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
Hello babblers!  Slept in today. How nice. Well, it is Saturday.  Thanks to the yarn-post-reply-posters.. doing quotes gets a bit tricky when the posts are all over the place, but you know who you are..

Or do you?

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Well done!  You could have bought a lot more, and it does all look very nice in your photo post.  

I didn't even get as far as a craft market.  After some rather inspiring PMs from a fellow CS  and a visit to a friend's house to learn how to do some basic felting techniques yesterday, I succumbed to Amazon shopping this evening.....   ordered myself a little needle felting kit and a basic book of patterns.  I fear these little balls of fleece are going to multiply if I manage to get some half decent results.  I will want every colour under the sun. I can feel them calling me already and I haven't even tried making anything  (little cats, little cats and more little cats)  yet....   You'll know when I've started because I'll hardly be able to type and my posts will probably be blood red from all the needle stab wounds in my fingers that will happen when I miss the intended fleece target 

Ooo...  Don't forget to learn to do llamas.  And join us for Secret Santa next year!  @nurseangel   will be your BFF.