Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Ooo...  Don't forget to learn to do llamas.  And join us for Secret Santa next year!  @nurseangel   will be your BFF.  
  Just as well I'm not eligible for SS this year coz the poor recipient would likely get an unidentifiable 'modern sculpture in something that might have originally been fleece' . 
  Mind you, by next year I might have no fingers left and be continuing to try and learn the skill using my toes!

Ooh, and on one of the web sites I looked at it talked about doing the needle felting with dander!  Apparently it's harder than with wool fleece but some people make little memorial models with fur they have kept of their RB pets.  Not sure I like that idea my self but I'm sure some people will.  Mouse likes to keep his fur pretty much stuck to his body but my previous girls molted so much they should have been bald....   I could have run a cottage industry off their dander!

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here l go babbling again to reach post 1000, yay.

l got myself all distracted there thinking about Lorenzo Lamas ... er, l mean Llama.

pennywise

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
@MServant   A kitty colostomy!  Could you imagine?!  I wonder if they actually do those.  I heard they have pacemakers for dogs.  I wonder if they do them for cats as well.  I'm glad to hear Mouse is fully recovered.  And I think I would have kept the candle too!  You know, as proof the story is real 

@petcrazy76    I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one who sneaks off to the bathroom in the middle of the workday to check the site.  Its the only time everyone leaves me alone!

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Happy Friday, everyone! Hopefully it will be a great weekend for you all.

Can't believe it is already mid-October

Let's see, what else is out there for the day....mmm, also need to renew my subscription to pointe magazine!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

lf my Secret Santa is reading this, l want you to knit me a Lorenzo Llama for Christmas 
If I happen to be your Secret Santa you'd be lucky to get a crochet potholder.  
  That translates to "I gave up on making an entire scarf" there.  

Just as well I'm not eligible for SS this year coz the poor recipient would likely get an unidentifiable 'modern sculpture in something that might have originally been fleece' . 
  Mind you, by next year I might have no fingers left and be continuing to try and learn the skill using my toes!

Ooh, and on one of the web sites I looked at it talked about doing the needle felting with dander!  Apparently it's harder than with wool fleece but some people make little memorial models with fur they have kept of their RB pets.  Not sure I like that idea my self but I'm sure some people will.  Mouse likes to keep his fur pretty much stuck to his body but my previous girls molted so much they should have been bald....   I could have run a cottage industry off their dander!
I don't think I could do that.  Noodles is my worst shedder.  Her fur is short but fine and sticks to everything!  Not always in a noticeable way. But if she gets into my freshly dried towels and I don't see that; well come bath time you'll find fur stuck to your body when you go to dry off!  It feels awful on your face!

Here l go babbling again to reach post 1000, yay.

l got myself all distracted there thinking about Lorenzo Lamas ... er, l mean Llama.
I have no idea who that is!

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise

lf my Secret Santa is reading this, l want you to knit me a Lorenzo Llama for Christmas 
OK. 

Whoops! 

Well I'm doing exactly what I had planned to do today.  Very, very little

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

OK. 

Whoops! 

Well I'm doing exactly what I had planned to do today.  Very, very little
Doing very, very little sounds wonderful!  I keep thinking I need a "play day" where I do nothing responsible.  Just read, play a game, visit TCS....become one with the couch!  Aahhhhh.....  

petcrazy76

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
pennywise pennywise My cats are all fine... for now. I believe my 100th post was when Angel got her new collar stuck in her mouth and hid once we figured it out. Her mouth was a little red but we pampered her for a few days and she's back to her old self.

They don't usually get into too much trouble. No one has ever landed on a candle. Mostly it's Peanut getting into something he can't get out of. Like laying on packaging tape or seeing if he can fit his whole body through the handles of a plastic bag. He can't. He can get partly through and then when he gave up the bag followed him, so he ran. He was easy to catch because the bag was like a big parachute slowing him down. He also managed to loose a claw when he pounced on a plastic bag. Fortunately I was on the phone with the vet when he did that. You know, I really need to keep him away from plastic bags.

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

Doing very, very little sounds wonderful!  I keep thinking I need a "play day" where I do nothing responsible.  Just read, play a game, visit TCS....become one with the couch!  Aahhhhh.....  
I'm becoming one with iview... the ABC online place where you can watch the shows you missed. 

Oh, and I'm definitely becoming one with my knitting..

Obsessed? Me?  NO!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anne

Site Owner
Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
Terrible smilie there, but you get my meaning (I hope!). I miss crocheting so bad. Ever since we got back from our travels, I've had almost zero time to crochet. I could use me some granny squares time....
Possum/merino hand-dyed varigated yarn (bought last week so doesn't count as part of my no-wool-buying-day), hand-dyed varigated silk yarn (same as some I posted on the yarn thread), hand made owl buttons and glass beads and buttons.

Now I go to knit....

@Mani lovely yarn and I LOVE the buttons! Any specific project in mind for these? I guess that yarn was made to be worn, it looks so soft and inviting. I don't use wool anymore myself, as I try to keep to vegan yarn, but it does look lovely.

Last edited:

mani

Staff Member
Purraise

@Mani lovely yarn and I LOVE the buttons! Any specific project in mind for these? I guess that yarn was made to be worn, it looks so soft and inviting. I don't use wool anymore myself, as I try to keep to vegan yarn, but it does look lovely.
No, nothing in mind for the buttons.  I just really liked them.  They are made by a group in South Africa - a work initiative for the unemployed.

So Anne, you use more cotton, bamboo, those types of yarn?

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We have one very unhappy kitty today, because we both have to work. Not that we're happy about having to work on a Saturday!

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Well I have one very happy kitty...

This is what happened: 

I decided that, since I recommend Feliway to people as I have heaps of anecdotal evidence that it works, I should actually get some to see if it helps Nilah and Sundar be a little more friendly, especially since they still haven't gotten over Nilah's recent vet visit.

I've had it plugged in for two days. 

The outcome:

Nilah probably isn't hissing at Sundar quite so much. 

But Sundar is besotted!  Not with Nilah, but with me! 

He's always been affectionate, but now he can't get enough of me.  He sits on my lap and gazes into my eyes adoringingly.  He follows me around meowing to be picked up.  He purrs when I look at him! 

I'm astounded!

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow! It's going to take me all night to catch up on reading this thread. We are close to 500 now. Yippee!! Sorry Mservant I thought it was you in the bathroom. Someone was.:)

mani

Staff Member
Purraise
Hey Tammat... lets get this baby moving... While a lot of those northern hemisphere people are tucked up in their beds, we can hit the 500 mark!

But we must remember to BABBLE...

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Why do boring things always take twice as long as anticipated? I was hoping to be out of here by noon, but it'll probably be 2 p.m.. :(

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
Well I have one very happy kitty...

This is what happened: 

I decided that, since I recommend Feliway to people as I have heaps of anecdotal evidence that it works, I should actually get some to see if it helps Nilah and Sundar be a little more friendly, especially since they still haven't gotten over Nilah's recent vet visit.
I've had it plugged in for two days. 

The outcome:
Nilah probably isn't hissing at Sundar quite so much. 
But Sundar is besotted!  Not with Nilah, but with me! 
He's always been affectionate, but now he can't get enough of me.  He sits on my lap and gazes into my eyes adoringingly.  He follows me around meowing to be picked up.  He purrs when I look at him! 
I'm astounded! :rub:
This made me :lol3:

Tricia, I hope you are out soon. :cross:

Not a good night of sleep here. A bit tired this morning. We'll be headed out for a walk in a little bit. Aaron will be painting for the rest of the day and I think I will be cleaning out the garage.

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's been a super spring day here today. Just gorgeous. My husband has been cleaning out our garage so I can park my car in it. Yippee. I have been gardening. The cats have been watching :)

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi! 
  Ate a heavy lunch -  rice, broiled seafood, chicken soup, oriental noodles and braised beef. A light beer as drink 
 Spent the rest of the afternoon shopping for my Secret Santee. 
 Still stuffed, so skipping dinner. Good night  

tammat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very tired. Need to sleep but must babble. Just one more post. Just don't know what to say. Hope the snails don't eat my new seedlings I planted today.