Babble Away to win prizes! We have a winner!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
We finished up at 1:45, so my guess was good. The training session wasn't a complete waste of time, and the web developer included two features I'd specifically asked for.

My long Tuesdays are going to be even longer starting in November. Oh, well.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

But Sundar is besotted!  Not with Nilah, but with me! 

He's always been affectionate, but now he can't get enough of me.  He sits on my lap and gazes into my eyes adoringingly.  He follows me around meowing to be picked up.  He purrs when I look at him! 

I'm astounded!
Awww, that is so sweet! l must try some.

Babble, babble.

Work to do today. Like Tammat, l have to empty my garage. lt's an annual event in Autumn so l can park my car in there over Winter, so l don't have to dig it out of a mound of snow every morning.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
The Mouse Games resumed in earnest yesterday.  Kiefer would even consider the black mouse.  This morning I told Keg that I bought more grey mice, but he said that Kiefer would play with the black mouse as that is all that is in the mouse pitcher.  And Kiefer is bringing back the 4th mouse that was thrown.  As I've said before, all mice are not the same. Kiefer is very happy that his best bud is back.  We did have a little problem with the Mouse Game last night because of the Sibling invasion of the playing field (Aoibhe wanted attention from Keg also).  All of you remember the Sibling invasion maneuver, right?  Drop the mouse and freeze until Aoibhe has left the playing field.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

Doing very, very little sounds wonderful!  I keep thinking I need a "play day" where I do nothing responsible.  Just read, play a game, visit TCS....become one with the couch!  Aahhhhh.....  
I am one with my couch 
  I am at one with my couch so regularly it has a (very large) dip in the cushion where I usually park myself. It is my TCS / play with Mouse seat (unless I have to get down to floor level for Mouse, which he demands several times a day).  Being at one with my couch comes quite naturally to me.  I think it is something I am very good at.  Maybe I should write it on my new CV?

Quote:

The Mouse Games resumed in earnest yesterday.  Kiefer would even consider the black mouse.  This morning I told Keg that I bought more grey mice, but he said that Kiefer would play with the black mouse as that is all that is in the mouse pitcher.  And Kiefer is bringing back the 4th mouse that was thrown.  As I've said before, all mice are not the same. Kiefer is very happy that his best bud is back.  We did have a little problem with the Mouse Game last night because of the Sibling invasion of the playing field (Aoibhe wanted attention from Keg also).  All of you remember the Sibling invasion maneuver, right?  Drop the mouse and freeze until Aoibhe has left the playing field.
Very happy for your household that mouse games have now resumed, and that even black mouse is being given some attention at last.  Should I feel sorry for Aoibhe?

I think I will continue to be at one with my couch for the rest of today.  I feel quite tired and Mouse has a bit of a runny eye so I feel I must relax to support him in his run down state.  Be available to him should he feel up to the odd 10 minutes of DaBird (which he has been up to at least twice already today).  In preparation for my exhausting day I feel the need to go and make myself another cup of (tasteless tea).  Bye for now. 

Last edited:

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
David's L-Lysine treates came yesterday - but wouldn't you know it, he refused to eat them (at first) and Lilly (who does not need them) gobbled them up.  Finally, Dave ate his, but I had to break them in half, as well as mixing them in a bag with his favorite Temptations ones (so the medicine treats smell more like the regular ones).  Here are the ones I bought off of Amazon for him:

hakeemtarabulsi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Good PM to all of you

It's almost 1900 hours here, in Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, where the weather starts to be OK, finally

I'm sitting with my beloved cats, listening to Country Music & browsing the web, and just thought of participating

Ciao

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to the babbling thread, the more babblers babbling regularly the better we will do!  We have a long way to go and not long to do it in. 

What kind of country music are you listening to? I like lots of different kinds of music but don't know much about country, I know I like some Blue Grass, I like stuff with harmonies.  Mouse doesn't like music much - he's never got used to how stereo speakers work and they freak him out a bit! 
  He quite likes a guy called Gordon Lightfoot and doesn't run off when I put that on. 

hakeemtarabulsi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, indeed

This post will be #448 out of 1000 and hope we could reach our goal on October 21st

I know it's a huge challenge, but we could achieve it with some little more efforts...

david's steph

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise

..Mouse doesn't like music much - he's never got used to how stereo speakers work and they freak him out a bit! 
  He quite likes a guy called Gordon Lightfoot and doesn't run off when I put that on. 

Aww, Mouse sounds cute.  My David and Lilly listen all day when I am not home (very softly in the background) classical music, from the local FM classical radio station here.  But they really do like the Dave Matthews Band, have been listening to their CD's all their lives with me.  They both come in the room when I am playing it semi-loudly (not too loud of course), and hop up on my lap (if I am not dancing lol) or they will lay at me feet right below the speaker.  

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Cats have interesting tastes in music. Gordon Lightfoot and the Dave Matthews Band? I hesitate to say this, but Mogli is a Bee Gees fan. We discovered that when there was a documentary about the band on TV, and he watched the entire thing. He'll even watch their YouTube videos. DH plays guitar and piano, anything from classical to flamenco to hard rock/heavy metal, but Mogli usually ignores his music. :lol3:

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I had a cat that loved Pink Floyd. Generally if I have music playing, I'm cleaning the house so I haven't discovered any favorites with these cats.

I'm probably the only person in the world to say this, but the Swiffer commercial is beginning to wear on me.

katachtig

Staff Member
Admin
Purraise
@MServant and @jcat - both of your cats definitely like the retro music.  I don't think any of my cats notice the music but I suspect that Lucy doesn't like Pink Martini because when I hear their songs I want to dance and she is chosen to be my dance partner since she and only she is allowed in the basement where the music is playing.

christinemarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Cold, rainy & raw in Cleveland today. Have to face a grocery run this afternoon..... my kingdom for a personal shopper!!

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
It's ten minutes past Mogli's bedtime snack time, and he isn't banging the cabinet door. That's a first around here.

hakeemtarabulsi

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm now watching the old movie, Liberty Stands Still of 2002, which I already watched long time ago (probably twice!), but it's a great one and very interesting.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Brrrr. l've finally had to break down and put the heating on (it's 14C / 57F today) Usually around here we go from running the AC every day, to running the heating all day within the matter of a fortnight. This year we've had a long run of very nice temps in the low 20sC  (low 70sF) so no AC or heat.

But when l wake up and have cats IN the bed rather than ON it, l figure it's time.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
Our heat has been on for a couple of weeks, though it's pretty nice this weekend (17° - 18°C, so mid-60s F.)

Mogli finally asked for his snack twenty minutes late.

I'm wondering whether we're going to crack 500 posts today.

andrya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hopefully Mogli will get up 20 minutes later too :)

l think we can make the 500 post mark if we keep babbling away.