Awaiting labour

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Jesseaylah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks been wiping it with sterile warm water, and ordered the Terramycin which should hopefully be here tomorrow. But been looking better since I’ve wiped it a few times.

Jesseaylah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi baby is now 3 weeks old. Doing well looks more like a cat now/miniature polar bear
by 4 weeks should I let the baby start walking freely around the room/house? As tonight mum moved her to a drawer in my chest of drawers, yes she knows how to open drawers lol I don’t know why she did this? Weather is dropping could they be cold?
I will need to move her from this draw today as it’s not ideal or safe for the baby.

Next question is the litter training, when should I start introducing this as it’s a bit complicated as my kitchen window opens into a catio and normally mum jumps out window and does her business in there. Baby will definitely be too small to make this jump and it’s starting to get very cold outside. So kitten might not understand the litter box if she’s not seeing mum using it. Should I start just putting a litter box inside the house anyway?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Definitely put mom’s litter in the house and a small pan for kitten. Close the window and your home will be warmer.

The kitten must stay in one room for now. It is too small to go around the whole house.

The kitten will litter train once it begins to transition to soft foods, but that is probably not for 2-3 weeks yet.

Here are helpful videos for weaning and litter training.

Kitten will continue to nurse mom even after weaning as long as she allows.

Jesseaylah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Sunday is doing well nice and healthy. She’s very interactive now and mum lets us play with her for longer periods of time. I’ve been feeding mum for a while kitten food so am now putting a normal human plate out for her so the baby reach the food and can sniff around and give it a lick.

Attachments

Jesseaylah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: Sunday is now fully eating and chewing her kitten meat and is eating half soaked biscuits. Will transition to full hard biscuits this week. Is going into the litter tray with half success.

Very pleased with the outcome of this little one she’s like a dream. It was a blessing there was only one kitten as we didn’t have to choose or let one go. We just got to enjoy the experience with a perfect cat to keep forever. Mum and baby are going for 8 week check towards end of November where we will do first vaccination and then arrange for mum to be neutered so we don’t have to endure anymore heat cycles.

picture: is my baby completely zonked out asleep on my arm

Attachments