Are there other men cat lovers out there??

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I love my cats and I'm not ashamed to admit it. Since the first time that Nina, as a kitten, jumped up on my lap, meowed a greeting and curled up on my chest, purring, I've been utterly lost.

Last edited:

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There's another guy on here, Catspaw66, who is a subvet, too.  And a cat lover, more than anything else!

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was on SSN 652 out of Pearl in the early 70's.  I have 5 cats and say "Don't trust anyone who hates cats" 

rad65

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have always loved cats. My aunt and uncle who babysat for me when I was only few months old had four cats, so I think I got used to their smell and having warm balls of fur around. Apparently one of the females used to lay in my crib with me because she figured out she would get more pets by drafting off of my cute baby-ness. I mean, who can resist petting a cat when they see that cat acting like a mother to a human baby? Besides the pictures of me in the delivery room, me being snuggled with that cat is the first picture taken of me.

I do have to say, I'm not just a cat person. I like dogs almost as much with the only downside being I have a sensitive nose and dogs can get pretty stinky, I'm very partial to guinea pigs and dwarf hamsters since my dad's cat allergies and mom's aversion to dogs meant they were all I could keep, and there really isn't any animal I don't like and find fascinating. I grew up in a somewhat rural area of Michigan so I got my exposure to wild animals as well as horses and goats from the local farms and they're all awesome.

makenzye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm a huge cat loving guy.  I've been around cats pretty much my entire life, as my mother was a cat lover and had many cats despite my father's dislike for them. 

To be honest I love most animals and have had dogs, turtles, birds, rodents, and some reptiles as well.  But I'm definitely first and foremost a cat man. 

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
TM3 here.  Went in at 17, in 1971.  Some of the best and worst times of my life.  Went to boot and TM school in Orlando.

"Torpedomen have bigger weapons"  I would severely hurt anyone I caught harming my cats.  

My ex was a dog person and couldn't understand that she couldn't call the cat and have it come to her like her parent's dogs would.

dave t

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
As long as no one will hug me for it, I'll gladly admit to being a cat guy.  Would that make me catty? 

Dave

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
TM3 here.  Went in at 17, in 1971.  Some of the best and worst times of my life.  Went to boot and TM school in Orlando.

"Torpedomen have bigger weapons"  I would severely hurt anyone I caught harming my cats.  

My ex was a dog person and couldn't understand that she couldn't call the cat and have it come to her like her parent's dogs would.

There aren't too many of us TMs around anymore; TMs have been turned into MMs, unbelievable!

My cats often come when I call, it just depends on their mood at the time.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Ah, yes!!!  That is why I love cats so much.  They are so independent, yet so affectionate when they want to be.

catspaw66

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am sure that many of the men on this forum have military experience. My brother-in-law is a Navy vet and a cat lover, too.  My neighbor has 7 dogs and 4 cats, and we go to the range at the same time. There are many lifestyles represented here, but all of us love cats. 

subvet642

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm relatively new to cats, having gotten mine only 4 years ago. My family had a poodle growing up, but I had no pets at all 'till my wife bought Ninotchka with some bonus money from her work. She had Russian Blues as a girl and wanted another one, so that's why we went the "breeder" route. I've always liked animals, generally, but the first time Ninotchka jumped on my lap, announced herself with a little meow, snuggled into my chest and purred, I was utterly lost. I can't imagine living without them, now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jimanuel12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
They have that power!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
they do don't they?  i knew when our baby was a kitten and would get up with me in the mornings, run down the hall to met me, purr like crazy until i picked her up and loved on her.

she has really gotten to my heart, i love that little fur ball.  she is the most loyal critter i have ever had except for my faithful dog "PJ" who passed away many years ago.

cats are cool critters!!!!