Are there other men cat lovers out there??

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My husband hated cats when we got married thirty two years ago. We have had five cats. Two of the three were because of him. He is as manly a man as ever was, but he is a sucker for these cats we have now. We have buried three of the five and he has cried every time. I would never trust a man who doesn't like cats.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby loves cats and always has. And my supervisor at work now loves cats. His wife talked him into getting one and they ended up getting a brother and sister pair. He talks about them now.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
"Boston Rob" from Survivor and "Spike" from Top Chef have cats and they're young/handsome/hot.

Penny's previous guardian was a husband and wife and they have a cat.

Edit: Jay Leno has a cat.

Let's see, who else

brooklet425

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband loves cats
. When I first met him he was a self proclaimed cat hater. I had a cat, my very first cat, and nobody gets me without her too. He whined about that a little bit, but didnt' say much about her since he knew she was going to be with me for the rest of her life. When we moved in together I went away for a week, leaving the cat with him. I was a little worried because I knew that he would take care of her, but she's a pretty grumpy cat and she has separation anxiety so I thought she'd have a problem being left with him. Needless to say, when I came back home I found him sitting on the couch with my cat purring louder than ever in his lap.

Now over 3 years later, we have 10 cats of our own. We had one cat die from leukemia in December of 2007 and he cried just as hard as I did when that happened (he was just an 8 month old kitten who just crashed one day - it was so heartbreaking). We've cared for feral cats, and trapped and found homes for some friendly strays in one of the feral colonies.

Needless to say, when I met a bunch of people that he works with their first question to me was "Hi, nice to meet you. How are the kids?" When I said I didn't have any kids, they all said "Oh we know...we mean the cats." My husband is a Navy pilot and he apparently spent an entire deployment talking non-stop about the cats to his entire crew, which is why they all asked me the exact same question when they met me.

The second cat we acquired was Patches, and he immediately "claimed" her when we found her. She is definitely his cat, and when he was deployed, he would call and ask me how she was doing, before asking me how I was doing

He's also said that he would rescue them first in a fire and go into a burning building in a heartbeat to save them. So I think its safe to say that he's no longer a cat hater, as he once called himself.

He would do anything for our cats and for any cats in general. And he's not afraid to tell that to anyone, including other guys

alenalbert

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It is hard to change someone to be a cat lover...
i don't know why, but my mother hates cats so much

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jimanuel12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Just wondering. i was talking with my wife and she said one of the guys she works with loves cats.
She said he said that his wife did not like cats at all and did not want one in the house.
so, he decided he wanted a cat, he went down to the local animal shelter, picked out a tom cat and brought him home.
his wife still does not like the cat but he said it was HIS cat and he was keeping it and in the house.
he said the cat loves him, sleeps with them (on his side of the bed), greets him when he comes home.
he said his wife asked him "why do you pay attention first to the cat when you come home"?
he simply stated "the cat is glad to see me".
what can i say, i fell in love with our little furball when we brought her in the house.
she was always so glad to see me in the mornings, she would just purr and purr and meow when i got up in the mornings.
she was and still is a daddy's girl.

i never would have thought i would have turned into a cat lover but thanks to my wife, i really do love cats.
they are such cool critters.

just mike

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just wondering. i was talking with my wife and she said one of the guys she works with loves cats.
She said he said that his wife did not like cats at all and did not want one in the house.
so, he decided he wanted a cat, he went down to the local animal shelter, picked out a tom cat and brought him home.
his wife still does not like the cat but he said it was HIS cat and he was keeping it and in the house.
he said the cat loves him, sleeps with them (on his side of the bed), greets him when he comes home.
he said his wife asked him "why do you pay attention first to the cat when you come home"?
he simply stated "the cat is glad to see me".
what can i say, i fell in love with our little furball when we brought her in the house.
she was always so glad to see me in the mornings, she would just purr and purr and meow when i got up in the mornings.
she was and still is a daddy's girl.

i never would have thought i would have turned into a cat lover but thanks to my wife, i really do love cats.
they are such cool critters.

Not only do I love cats, I have 4 of them.  I was never much of a cat person.  We had a couple of cats growing up but they were definitely my mother's cats.  Sure, I would feed and brush them when asked and I would play with them now and then but never really took much to them.  I loved my dogs and horses.  As an adult, I rescued a 6 week old kitten that needed immediate surgery.  She had a herniated diaphram from being thrown from a car.  I found her drowning in a mud puddle.  No one thought she would live through the first surgery, let alone the next 2.  My thoughts were to nurse her back to health and find a good home for her.  Well, that didn't happen
I just looked at her one day and told her she had been way too expensive and she was stuck with me. 

Of course the next 3 came along shortly after that.  I love all my kitties.  I don't know how I went without one for so long

mrblanche

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
"Boston Rob" from Survivor and "Spike" from Top Chef have cats and they're young/handsome/hot.

Penny's previous guardian was a husband and wife and they have a cat.

Edit: Jay Leno has a cat.

Let's see, who else
Marlon Brando?

I doubt anyone who sees me pull up to the shelter (or leave it) in my hot rod would accuse me of being gay.

Last edited:

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My husband doesn't go on any forums of any type..at all. He is a lover of all animals. He has his bird feeders that he tends to and is quite the birder. He tends to the needs of our "outsiders", cats that have been dumped here. They all love him to death. Our two "insiders" are Daddy's boys. The energy level ramps up as soon I announce "Daddy's home!!!!!" I also call him the cat whisperer. Those cats will damn near stand on their heads for his attention. He doesn't have any qualms about anyone knowing that he loves cats. He even has Thai's pic as his wallpaper on his phone.

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My hubby loves our babies, even though at first he pretended not to. Until one night I woke up and found him rocking & comforting Smokie after a nightmare :)

BTW- This thread is over 3 years old.

tarav

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband claims that he does not like animals at all, but I always hear him talking to the cat, and catch him loving on her. And she loves him in return. Now the him and the dog are another story, they do not get along at all...lol

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I first met my husband, he hated cats, went to the dump and shot them for fun.  I know.  That is terrible.  But he has a total change of heart and loves our cats like children.  He is very generous when it comes to taking care of them.  In fact our Muffin is in trouble now, and we are having some expensive issues to deal with.  He never blinks at eye at the bills.  I say, no woman should trust a man who doesn't love cats.