Are there other men cat lovers out there??

bridget

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My husband likes cats, but is more a dog person. But my son is a huge cat guy. He has four indoor cats. He fusses and worries over them constantly. He has one outdoor cat that someone apparently dropped off and it makes its home in his garage, where she has a sleeping basket, litter box, etc. He is the reason I wound up with five cats; he kept bringing them home when he was a teenager and I couldn't say no. Two of them passed away last summer and I still have three!

hosman

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
My name is William and I`m an adult man who loves cats.

There,I said it.

I`ve always been a Dog Person and have looked down on cats and thought they were cold and fickle.Add the fact that I`ve always been very allergic to them(decreased as I got older) and you get the idea.Plus,all the cats I`d been exposed to were whiney and annoying.

So...I was the Ebenezer Scrooge of the cat world.Then the Ghost of Cats Past showed me a starving little black kitten in the alley behind my place and...felt sad and sorry for her.Started feeding her.She moved to live under my porch.Began playing and sheltering her(but only when I was at home)after work and the weekends.She took to the litter box I bought her like a pro and that`s when I knew she was going to live with me permanent.Now I love all cats but especially my Alley!

We have our little routines together and finally caring for and rasing a cat of my own has taught me they really are friendly,loving,affectionate and just FUN! I`m proud she turned out so well as I`d never,ever owned or raised a cat in my life.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
When I married my husband, he hated cats. Now he loves them and cries like a baby if we lose one. He feels like I do. The cats are our family.

mimosa

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My husband ( I can finally say that, we just got married
) loves cats.

He volunteered at the shelter and is a great foster daddy. He is soft spoken and calm and that seems to make most cats really comfortable, when we visit someone with cats they always pick him to sit with.

He changes all 6 litterboxes every day without grouching which i am very thankful for. He loves to play with his kitties and is not to cool to run around the house like a maniac with a bathrobe over his clothes so the boys can chase the sash

And often he will sit somewhere for hours even though he had other plans because Flynn is on his lap and he doesn't want to disturb him.

Flynn is Duncan's special kitty, he wished for a ruddy Somali kitty while Flynn was still in the womb and when we got the first pictures of the kittens after they were born Duncan insisted right away it had to be Flynn. Flynn seems to feel the same way about Duncan.

Here he got to hold him for the first time:

I made a video about the two of them that's really cute:

http://www.kattenplaza.nl/video/show.php?id=52

I took this picture yesterday, I can make this kind of pictures everyday, they are inseperable:

With the foster kittens;

With a friend's foster kitten (my friend tells me that since he doesn't have any brothers her age we need to clone him):

ondine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
i don't mind it at all because as soon as i get Delilha out of the box, all the ladies at the vet's office start bragging on her

I suspect that's why my husband likes taking our crew for vet visits!

He, too, does litterbox duty, feeds everyone in the morning and is usually the one they lay on when we're watching TV. (I'm too often jumping up and down to do some chore. Once he decides its quitting time. he sits and he stays).

I get all emotional just thinking about him and how gentle and loving he is with them all.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jimanuel12

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jimanuel12

Just wondering. i was talking with my wife and she said one of the guys she works with loves cats.
She said he said that his wife did not like cats at all and did not want one in the house.
so, he decided he wanted a cat, he went down to the local animal shelter, picked out a tom cat and brought him home.
his wife still does not like the cat but he said it was HIS cat and he was keeping it and in the house.
he said the cat loves him, sleeps with them (on his side of the bed), greets him when he comes home.
he said his wife asked him "why do you pay attention first to the cat when you come home"?
he simply stated "the cat is glad to see me".
what can i say, i fell in love with our little furball when we brought her in the house.
she was always so glad to see me in the mornings, she would just purr and purr and meow when i got up in the mornings.
she was and still is a daddy's girl.

i never would have thought i would have turned into a cat lover but thanks to my wife, i really do love cats.
they are such cool critters.

all the responses from the male cat lovers are so cool!!!
i did not know that so many men loved cats.
my wife turned me into a cat lover years ago and now our new baby, delilah, a turkish van, has captured my heart, i love that little furball.
she meets me at the door every day when i come home and sleeps on my side of the bed, wakes me up in the morning.
cats are so cool!!!

rod

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by jimanuel12

Just wondering. i was talking with my wife and she said one of the guys she works with loves cats.
She said he said that his wife did not like cats at all and did not want one in the house.
so, he decided he wanted a cat, he went down to the local animal shelter, picked out a tom cat and brought him home.
his wife still does not like the cat but he said it was HIS cat and he was keeping it and in the house.
he said the cat loves him, sleeps with them (on his side of the bed), greets him when he comes home.
he said his wife asked him "why do you pay attention first to the cat when you come home"?
he simply stated "the cat is glad to see me".
what can i say, i fell in love with our little furball when we brought her in the house.
she was always so glad to see me in the mornings, she would just purr and purr and meow when i got up in the mornings.
she was and still is a daddy's girl.

i never would have thought i would have turned into a cat lover but thanks to my wife, i really do love cats.
they are such cool critters.

I'm another cat guy! And I too turned my wife in to a cat lover!

And I know some other guys, Army and Marines among them that are real cat lovers!

Best wishes!

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So we are all in agreement that "real men love cats"...?

My brother and SIL are the only other cat owners in my family. They have Gracie, a SH orange & white girl, and Mattie, their pudgy little beagle. My brother will say he doesn't like Gracie, but my SIL will tell different stories about coming home to find him sacked out on the couch with one arm around Gracie and the other around Mattie. He always denies it, but I know better...

My SIL actually refers to Gracie as my brother's girlfriend, that she loves to follow him around the house and snuggle with his feet.

roobear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My boyfriend adores cats, his parents used to breed and he says we will get our own cat as soon as we are in suitable place to keep a cat. He is being awkward about letting me have my cat who is currently living at my parents house cos he says he is my cat not our cat and he won't be able to bond with him like i did when he was kitten.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Dusty's Mom

My husband is the same way! I believe that if the house was on fire, he would rescue our cats first and I would be an after-thought. We only have 2 cats, but the youngest is truly his baby and his shadow!
Well, my ex did go back into a burning apartment building to rescue our two cats. They never forgot that act either. After we broke up they still waited for him by the door every day for 6 months. A man who loves a cat is usually self-confident and very kind. I know several of them.

bellaandme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

My Dana loves the kitties, although he'll joke around that he's simply harvesting them for kitty stew.
Kailie, I see you have as many kitty cat knick knacks arund your place as I do...

pamela

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This gives me HOPE!! It seems like all the guys I meet or know dislikes cats or are allegric to cats and it's my hope that someday I will meet a guy who will either be wiling to live with OR love cats that I can marry and this thread gives me hope!

Thanks for starting this thread!