Approximate delivery day for this mama kitty?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
That's a dilemma if I ever heard one!

One solution might be to occasionally sleep in there with her. Is that possible? Even with Polka not in your room right now, Chanel coming in will leave her scent. Polka may not like that - though I thought she had been accepting of Chanel. And personally, I've always had multiple cats in bed with me.

It's a head-scratcher for sure!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wish I could sleep in Chanel's room. I have to monitor my daughter at night though so I have to be in the room with her. Polka accepts Chanel unless they look at each other eye to eye and then the hissing starts and Chanel cowers away. Polka doesn't like any animal on my bed though. She comes on and kicks everyone off the bed. Lol.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Notice in every picture, she is absolutely wide eyed? That is her only facial expression. [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]

grizzlysapien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That is her only facial expression. [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]
LOL 
 I'll look in Amazon if they sell some additional cat expressions!

Nevertheless she is a DOLL! So beautiful! I love her one and only expression 

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
LOL :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail: :flail:  I'll look in Amazon if they sell some additional cat expressions!

Nevertheless she is a DOLL! So beautiful! I love her one and only expression :heart2: :heart2: :heart2: :heart2: :heart2: :heart2:  
Haha! Buy the feline facial expression expansion pack. [emoji]128568[/emoji][emoji]128569[/emoji][emoji]128570[/emoji][emoji]128572[/emoji][emoji]128574[/emoji][emoji]128576[/emoji]

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Poor Chanel and her little face. She's the first cat I've ever heard of having only one expression. We'll see what happens during labor.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Notice in every picture, she is absolutely wide eyed? That is her only facial expression. [emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji][emoji]128563[/emoji]
I wonder if it has anything to do with neurological things, or perhaps just that she has always had to be so alert - though you would expect she would react more with submissive looks and things with having come from such a multi cat environment.   Such a pretty cat, I hope for her that once she has these kittens she is able to settle and finds herself a loving furever home where she can be someones constant companion - how many people want snuggly attention seekers like her!!!

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She baffles me. Her body language is entirely submissive, to the point of rolling over and barring her stomach, but her expression is alway deer in the headlights. She's so good with people though. She even mauls my 3 year old and shoves her face up his nose to get his attention.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Lol. She sits like that and swishes her tail and chases it back and forth, and back and forth. And back and forth and back. And forth. [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji]

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I noticed that. Does she try to express herself in other ways? Can she read YOUR expressions?

I just get over how positively diminutive she is. And gorgeous, despite it all.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I wonder if it has anything to do with neurological things, or perhaps just that she has always had to be so alert - though you would expect she would react more with submissive looks and things with having come from such a multi cat environment.   Such a pretty cat, I hope for her that once she has these kittens she is able to settle and finds herself a loving furever home where she can be someones constant companion - how many people want snuggly attention seekers like her!!!
I do. I do.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
misterwhiskers misterwhiskers she can read my expressions. It may sound odd but I usually mimic my cats facial expressions and I find that if I make certain facial expressions at them, I can affect their body language and mood. When I do it to Chanel, it also affects her body language and mood. If I squint and look at her just below her eyes and do a slow blink, she relaxes a lot. If I make my eyes suddenly big, she tenses up quickly. She does use body language but she's still kind of a mystery. She's hard to read. Her meows get me nowhere so far too. With my other cats, I know each and every meow so well that my mom will hear one of them and she'll be like, who's meowing and I can say oh, it's nutty looking for polka or its polka wanting fresh water. I get picked on for "speaking cat" but I don't speak Chanel. No yet at least. I guess it doesn't help that Chanel doesn't really meow. She chirps like a bird and I haven't learned to differentiate her tones.

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Here is the difference 12 days makes. I knew she was looking so much better but seeing her first day picture next to current pictures is shocking.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She was incredibly malnourished - wow, what a difference! She looks really good now!

sweetlynn86

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I didn't realize how drastically she had changed so quickly.

misterwhiskers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Wow. You can really notice the weight gain in her face and hips, esp. Chanel really was skin and bones. No wonder even her kittens are getting fatter!