Anyone's kittens due in next week?

zoeykotah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
5!

There are only 4 in that picture though, she was cleaning off the fifth one when i took that. I'll write the whole story out when I get to the PC. I really hope she's done now, 5 is quite enough, thank you :D

1donna

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ive also woken up to one kitten then two shes still contracting so will let ya know how many when shes done mega excited

zoeykotah

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly didn't expect to be this enthralled by them, haha. I sat with her the whole time and it was an awesome experience although I felt so bad for her.

All kudos go to my 5yo daughter, if she hadn't alerted me to blood on the bed, I wouldn't even have known she'd started, she was completely silent. When I got to her (around 17:15), she was under the bed with my other cat, frolicking around during contractions! I called her over and luckily she came to me, I took her to the bathroom and fairly quickly, the little ones started coming. The smallest was 90g and the biggest was 110g (#1 and #2, respectively). I weighed them both again at 1am (at about 6-7 hours old) and they'd already gained 10g each :D

For those still waiting - Zoey showed no signs over the past few days that she was getting close. She spotted a bit of blood this morning (about 7 hours before true labor began) and that was it.

I have a question though - where should I leave her food and water? I've been going in there and feeding her by hand because she won't get up from them. To be perfectly honest, she's kind of an asshole sometimes haha, so I was afraid she might be dismissive of her babies, but she did perfectly. Oh, and the first one coming out scared her so badly that she almost bit me (I had my hand on the side of the box and she had been rubbing up against it, when the first baby popped out she yowled and went for my hand as if I'd done something! Poor thing!)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lolasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hooray Donna!  Oh I have to go to work, cant wait to get home to see/hear the final number!  So pleased for you! 

lolasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi Zoey, I put Lola some food and water right next to her, she will move herself for some as soon as she feels like it!  The litterbox I put just a few feet away from her, but she decided on day 2 to stroll into kitchen to use the one in there.  I am falling more in love with Lola and her babies every day, they just get cuter and cuter!  I too thought Lola would not take to motherhood but she is a star! 

mama2poquito

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I honestly didn't expect to be this enthralled by them, haha. I sat with her the whole time and it was an awesome experience although I felt so bad for her.

All kudos go to my 5yo daughter, if she hadn't alerted me to blood on the bed, I wouldn't even have known she'd started, she was completely silent. When I got to her (around 17:15), she was under the bed with my other cat, frolicking around during contractions! I called her over and luckily she came to me, I took her to the bathroom and fairly quickly, the little ones started coming. The smallest was 90g and the biggest was 110g (#1 and #2, respectively). I weighed them both again at 1am (at about 6-7 hours old) and they'd already gained 10g each :D

For those still waiting - Zoey showed no signs over the past few days that she was getting close. She spotted a bit of blood this morning (about 7 hours before true labor began) and that was it.

I have a question though - where should I leave her food and water? I've been going in there and feeding her by hand because she won't get up from them. To be perfectly honest, she's kind of an asshole sometimes haha, so I was afraid she might be dismissive of her babies, but she did perfectly. Oh, and the first one coming out scared her so badly that she almost bit me (I had my hand on the side of the box and she had been rubbing up against it, when the first baby popped out she yowled and went for my hand as if I'd done something! Poor thing!)
Congrats to you. My Kota was the same. Quiet and normal all day. Baby #1 scared her. She clawed my hand and her claw got stuck in my finger. After that she was fine.
Your babies are adorable

chaucer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
So happy most of the mothers have had their kittens now!  All the kittens are so cute!

icey bolt

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Some of these kitties are taking their sweet time lol. My baby Gilbert is doing good. He has conjunctivitis but I started antibiotic last night and he seems to be doing much better :)

lolasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Congrats, RIP the one that didn't make it, I know how sad it is as Lola's first 2 were stillborn.  Lovely pic!