Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

poor little dude, I hope he feels better soon. Give him lots of hugs and kisses. 

Thanks you guys, I will!!  I already do that so much, I'm sure he's like,    
   Mooooom!!

He did eat some of his food, came out into the living room, I rubbed his belly a bit (clockwise) "to help"  until he squirmed away. I reheated & he is eating more!! 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
7:30 pm, went to the litter box AND..........  
  YAY, he made one normal size poopie!    
   I'm so silly!   

NOW, hopefully, no more crouching kitty! 

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
After such a difficult 24 hours watching Angel not feeling so good such a heart warming gesture must have been special.  I hope you reach your goal with the funds for all of Angel's treatment, and even more that he gets well.  If the amount of love in Angel's life has anything to do with his recovery he has the best chances I can imagine, and a whole world of people from TCS and beyond willing you both on.   The amount of support you are receiving from your clients says just how much your love of Angel inspires the people around you.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

After such a difficult 24 hours watching Angel not feeling so good such a heart warming gesture must have been special.  I hope you reach your goal with the funds for all of Angel's treatment, and even more that he gets well.  If the amount of love in Angel's life has anything to do with his recovery he has the best chances I can imagine, and a whole world of people from TCS and beyond willing you both on.   The amount of support you are receiving from your clients says just how much your love of Angel inspires the people around you.

Awwww,  
  Yes, I agree. There's lots of love for a special little fluffy boy!   It must be his good boy karma helping create all these blessings!  

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thanks GoHolistic, Sorry to hear about your kitty, & Sebastian. Yes, I hope he's just having a bad day as well. I did go ahead & give the Cerenia at 3:00. 

I forgot to put some pumpkin in his dinner, so after he ate half, he went under the bed again. I added a 1/2 a tsp in what was left, & rewarmed it. I sprinkled some of the nutritional yeast on it, because he loves that stuff, & hopefully will disguise the pumpkin!  I just took it in there, & showed it to him, he turned from it, so I left the bowl there on a paper towel, hoping he will come out & eat once left alone. 
  I hope that's all it is. I hope he's not in any pain. I gave him a small pc of a pain pill (he was only getting 1/8 a pill anyway), last night, so I'm sure he was awake all night. every time I got up, he was up in the window. I just hate for him to be awake for 48 hrs!  I wrote in his daily log, ..sounds silly, but "pray'n for poopies!" 

I even told him in words he understands, "eat din, dins, help the poopies come out."  
 "The things we Meowmys will do & say for our babies!"  

Now, just waiting for him to come out & I can give him his evening pred & pepcid!  Poor baby, I know he is sick of being pilled. I tried putting the Cerenia in a pc of pill pocket, but he wouldn't eat it, so had to just use my finger. At least it has a little coating of the pill pocket, & I still follow w/ a little water from the syringe.  
Oh, sorry, the kitty IS Sebastian...he has the small cell lymphoma. Sebastian gets so much stuff on a daily basis that I use empty gel caps and stuff as much as I can into one. That way I can pill him as few times as possible. Depending on if you're spreading out the meds for a reason, you could put multiple things into one gel cap. For example, the evening pred and pepcid. It takes creativity sometimes to get it to all fit...like a puzzle...but I find it's worth it to be able give it all in one shot. Plus, they can't taste the bitterness of the pills when they're in a gel cap.

So glad he ended up "going." Hopefully that'll help. I'm always on poop watch!

Wow, what a nice person to give a gift like that.

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

7:30 pm, went to the litter box AND..........  
  YAY, he made one normal size poopie!    
   I'm so silly!   

NOW, hopefully, no more crouching kitty! 
Not silly at all.
  But what's with the 'clockwise tummy rubs'.?...Is that some sort of new 'cat belly technique' that I don't know about. 
  It sounds like it worked.

Hey, @Angels mommy   I was reading about Slippery Elm Bark. But I didn't get to try it with my cat. I'll read some more and see if it says anything about chemo and treatments.

What Go Holistic mentioned about using one gel cap, or different sized caps seems really good.

Could you put any of those gel caps in Angel's pure bite chicken treats?? Or are they too small of a treat ?

(@GoHolistic   I'm so sorry that your Sebastian is also going through small cell lymphoma. I'm sending you positive vibes, prayers, and healthy thoughts for Sebastian,too.)

goholistic

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Oh, Ok. Yes, I have empty gel caps from the vet. That's what I've been doing. I put his 2 pred in the morning in one, & his 1 pred & pepcid in another in the evening.  That's it for the day, ( finished the probiotica)

unless he needs an anti-nausea, or pain pill, (which has only been 2-3xs now for the pain pill).  I have broken up the anti-nausea more, to fit in w/ the evening capsule if it falls in the same time line. 

Otherwise, I pinch off a small pc of pill pocket & wrap it in that, but he usually won't eat it, even if rolled in nutritional yeast, so I end up doing it for him. Followed w/ some water.
Oh, okay....good deal. Yeh, gel caps are great.

And thanks @cat nap

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Update so far for today;
 Copy & pasted from his daily log on google docs ..Funny, I just had the thought of Star Trek, when the captain is saying the daily logs...

In that voice,"Tuesday, 2:45.pm......"

12/22/15

Angel slept in his carrier last night. After his morning visit to the litter box, was ready for breakfast. While I was fixing it, he went bk. In his bed in the other room. Didn't eat. A little later, he went under the bed again. :( Concerned, I listened to his breathing through his back, & sounded good/ clear. (Last 2 x-rays showed no fluid in the chest.) Gave him some time, then brought his food to him. He ate a good amount, but not all (¼ can) .

There was also another poop in the box from last night, when I scooped this am. Was approx. 2”. (After a normal one last night).

Still under the bed, got him to eat some more, now wondering if he needs a pain pill?  (Since he has pooped, so isn't constipated) Gave him his pred @ 9:20 this am.

Wondering if I should take him in to check his chest, just to be sure??

Or if just needs a pain pill? Hasn’t had one since 2 days ago (20th).

I emailed his vet this am. & she said w/ the crouching & hiding he sounds uncomfortable, to remember the Trimodal can be every 8-12 hrs. so I gave him one when I got home today @ 2:45. I was just trying not to give it, unless I knew he really needed it, because he also needs rest, & they keep him up for 24 hrs! I will give it more often now.  She also said to go ahead & bring him in tomorrow afternoon for a quick chest x ray, & to pick up some fluids to help keep him hydrated & help w/ the constipation from the meds. This way I won’t have to worry over Christmas.

I just didn’t want to end up in the ER on Christmas day again, like 3 yrs. ago w/ his cystitis.  I hate giving him fluids, but will do it. I just feel like he is not going to like me very much between the pilling & now fluids.

“Gotta do what a Meowmy’s gotta do!” I want my baby to feel better!

I will at least have peace of mind over Christmas! ...and that is worth it!!

When I got home this afternoon, he met me at the door. He was hungry! He finished

his breakfast (which was only ¼ can) so I made him another ¼. “licked the bowl clean!”

He saw a squirrel out on the porch, so he ran to the door! He’s still laying there watching it eat the bird food. :)

Last edited:

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thinking of Angel and you today..

Just wanted you to know we care

Sheri, Lily and Bro

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Thinking of Angel and you today..

Just wanted you to know we care

Sheri, Lily and Bro
Thanks Sheri!

How is Bro doing? Settled down any? Did the Rescue Remedy work?

I've been so busy w/ Angel, I haven't had a chance to check back in w/ you. I hope the R.R worked!

Last edited:

sherit

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi Kelly

Bro had a bad night last night and he does not look well , could be the weather and his arthritis worse

as it is raining and damp here 3 days now

but to be 83 and sunny and blue skies for first time on christmas

day since 1964 and it is now 2015 for christmas day upcoming..

The rescue remedy does seem to help..lots more than the calming collars did....

but again he cried during the night last night and woke me up and I was on the other end of the house ...

in the bedroom...

He went out alone today some ...we went out to check on him a few times and then he was brought back inside

he is missing outdoors after being outdoor cat for 8 years...and loved it..

he is missing Peebo still as well as I am too..I cried today out of now where the tears came

thinking how much Peebo loved to get some peach jelly once in a while and or fresh cantaloupe

and he loved ice in his drinking water in the kitchen...

Lily is adjusted and she and Bro like each other, no fights...and respect each other..after 4 weeks

of her being here since adopted from rescue at the shelter..

This is a hard time for those with sick animals or loss of a pet..

or a loss of a human close to them.

That is why I thought of you and Angel today...

Thanks for asking..

Sheri , Bro and Lily

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a nice surprise it must have been to come home to a hungry Angel waiting for you at the door @Angels mommy  .   It's good you have the check up with the vet tomorrow though, it is so worrying when you're caring for a sick cat and can't get your regular vets over the festive holidays.   Loads of positive thoughts for your appointment tomorrow and for Angel having another good day. 

@SheriT  . Lots of positive vibes for you and Bro too.    

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks MServant. Yes, to run In For a quick chest X-ray, just to be sure, & some fluids, will give me peace of mind over Christmas, so worth it!
AND, I can give them the big check from my client to put in our account for future appointments, until its used up, & by then, hopefully will have more in the go fund me account! (It's a little slow going, since I'm not on Facebook, or other social sites, but happy it has generated what it has so far. Will be so happy if I don't have to use the care credit at all!) :)

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quick update tonight. (Tired!)

Chest X-ray was all clear again! :) got some fluids & some to take home too. Now I can relax over Christmas! Have to give him fluids every 3 days. Two lines on the bag worth, so not much. I've done it before, 3 yrs ago w/ the cystitis for those of you who remember. I just hate that darn big 18 gadge needle!

He had his 1/8 Tramadol yesterday at 2:45, 10:45 pm, & 8:15 this morning. Not giving him anymore tonight, he is doing fine, & needs some sleep after them keeping him awake last night. ;)
He has finally settled in his carrier to sleep!

Status
Not open for further replies.