Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, MServant, Thank you! So sweet!   Yes, he has been doing well. I think the prednisolone is making him eat a lot!  He just finished 1/3 of the 5.5 oz can, & that's what he used to get twice a day. 

Now after that, he's back there sleeping.     :)     I'm so happy he has not needed any more pain meds. I am only going to give it when he is telling me, looking like he needs it. He needs rest, & they keep him up way, way too long!   He has had his 2 pred this morning, & his pro-biotic sprinkled on some treats. Now tonight he will get 1 pred in a cap w/ the 1/4 pepcid. He has not needed the anti-nausea today either, from what I can tell.     No crouching kitty today!  He was supposed to get an appetite stimulant every 3 days, which was Mon. but since he's eating well, he may not need it now.  :cross:     

I'm a happy mommy!  :banana2:      

My client tonight gave us gift cards for Christmas.  She is the one who "babysat" ANgel the one weekend I went out of town. She has been w/ me since I worked at a spa, & has a kitty too.    We always exchange gifts because he birthday is also in August, so we do B-days & Christmas. She usually gets Angel a new toy, but this year she gave him a $25.00 visa card to use for whatever he needs.
Food, the vets, etc... so that was nice. She also gave me the same amount for a grocery store. :)  
What a lovely friend you have.
Angelolllooks so healthy sitting by the window. My thoughts are with you both.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
What a thoughtful gift from your client @Angels mommy  .  Make sure and use some of that grocery store spending for your self and not ALL on Angel.  

So good to hear he's doing well at this point.  Long may this continue.  

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a thoughtful gift from your client @Angels mommy  .  Make sure and use some of that grocery store spending for your self and not ALL on Angel.  

Oh, I definitely will!!    (" hmmm, wine & chocolate maybe?")     I get Angel's food at a locally owned Natural pet food shop anyway.  So the visa will work for that!   

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
@Angels mommy   I particularly like this photo, although MServant's description of the other one, is spot on. Here, Angel seems to be making sure that those birds do not come anywhere near that decorated Christmas tree.  The nerve of some birds to think that Angel is not on guard.  I bet he showed them. 

Oh, I definitely will!!    (" hmmm, wine & chocolate maybe?")     I get Angel's food at a locally owned Natural pet food shop anyway.  So the visa will work for that!   
Hmmm....wine and chocolate sounds just about right, though MServant will probably tell you to get some healthy, sensible food...or not. 

What a nice client.

And what a good update for Angel. May he continue to eat better, and 'kick cancer's butt'.

Loads of well wishes to you both.

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise

@Angels mommy   I particularly like this photo, although MServant's description of the other one, is spot on. Here, Angel seems to be making sure that those birds do not come anywhere near that decorated Christmas tree.  The nerve of some birds to think that Angel is not on guard.  I bet he showed them. 

Hmmm....wine and chocolate sounds just about right, though MServant will probably tell you to get some healthy, sensible food...or not. 

What a nice client.

And what a good update for Angel. May he continue to eat better, and 'kick cancer's butt'.

Don't listen to @cat nap  there @Angels mommy  , both chocolate AND red wine are packed full of lovely life supporting anti-oxidants and I'm sure cat nap knows this which is why she is telling you to go for it!  
   Some say the choclate has to be dark stuff and both consumed in moderation but hey, what do they know?  If Angel can have his treats with pro-biotic sprinkled on top you should be able to have your red wine and chocolate. 

I hope Angel is having another 'good day' to bring some smiles to your heart. 

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise

Don't listen to @cat nap  there @Angels mommy  , both chocolate AND red wine are packed full of lovely life supporting anti-oxidants and I'm sure cat nap knows this which is why she is telling you to go for it!  
   Some say the choclate has to be dark stuff and both consumed in moderation but hey, what do they know?  If Angel can have his treats with pro-biotic sprinkled on top you should be able to have your red wine and chocolate. 

I hope Angel is having another 'good day' to bring some smiles to your heart. 
(Agreed.
  I would not listen to 'cat nap' either, at times.
  All 'cat nap' knows is that 'sparkling white wine' goes nicely with any chocolate. Nothing to do with 'anti-oxidants and stuff. 
Cat nap read too many posts in 'what's for dinner' or 'what have you eaten' last year, and feared that MServant, depending upon the day, would only mention 'sensible' or 'yummy foods'. Who would have known about all those anti-oxidants and such.) 

Hey, @Angels mommy   I was thinking about Angel and what you mentioned about his diarrhea or loose stools. Did you ask your vet about 'pure pumkin' ?  I think I read that pure pumkin is used both to firm up a stool, by adding fibre, and to help with constipation. But I don't know if it's advised, because of the other medications that Angel is on. If Angel is eating, then I would hesitate trying anything new, to cause him to go off the food he likes. I'd still ask the vet, though. What you are doing by adding water to his wet food, and warming it up, and adding sprinkles...seems really good. If he likes a certain treat, then crumbling it on the wet food is good, too.

Hope Angel is having another good day, too.

Loving Mickey

Mickey , my heart and soul Angel kitty
Top Cat
Purraise
angels mommy angels mommy So happy to hear Angel is having good days. I truly hope it continues. Love all your pictures of him. Like others have said, he truly looks like an angel.
Lots of hugs and good thoughts to both you and Angel.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

What a nice client.

That's funny!  Yea, I always ask him if he's on guard duty when he's looking out that window. Especially if he's watching the squirrels!  LOL! 

As far as the dairraha, He doesn't have it anymore. It was only from the anti-nausea meds, which    
    he hasn't needed in a couple of days!  But yes, I have given him pumpkin before, for both reasons.
@Angels mommy So happy to hear Angel is having good days. I truly hope it continues. Love all your pictures of him. Like others have said, he truly looks like an angel.
Lots of hugs and good thoughts to both you and Angel.
Thank you so much! He really is. He is such a sweet, good boy. I tell him he is my biggest blessing!  

stewball

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops I seem to have hijacked Broad thread. Very sorry about that.

Angel certainly is an angel. Long may she continue to improve.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oops I seem to have hijacked Broad thread. Very sorry about that.

Angel certainly is an angel. Long may she continue to improve.
 Not sure where your talking about. I don't see any hijacking.  

Tanks for the well wishes, but Angel is a boy. LOL! 

castle cat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is it possible to extend the ledge right behind the window by placing cardboard boxes? You can get those boxes from the supermarket for free (banana boxes). Arrange it like a staircase. He can relax by sitting and watching the scenery right in front of him. 

If you click the links below (in the catsite itself) it'll take you to the photographs of my late Jethro sleeping behind the window. I had five large windows, all of them equipped with cardboard staircases. The extended portion was decked with soft quilts.

Angel is a a beauty. I wish he'll get well soon.

http://www.thecatsite.com/g/i/268151/jethro-sleeping-at-the-window-overlooking-the-garden/

http://www.thecatsite.com/g/i/26815...window-overlooking-the-garden-vinstra-norway/

http://www.thecatsite.com/g/i/268434/this-was-taken-in-february-2015-he-had-just-two-months-left/

Jethro left me on April 13, 2015 and I miss him. He's waiting for me to join him at the Bridge.

Castle Cat (Late Jethro’s devoted servant)

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello my dear friends, today I am going to make it easy on myself & just copy & paste the google doc.s log. below. I also want to tell you about something that really touched my heart today. 

On the way home, I had to go through the bank drive through. The lady saw Angel in the car, & asked about him. I told her that he had just had his 2nd chemo treatment. She told me she lost her dog a year ago this month to a brain tumor. She asked what Angel's name was & said she would pray for him, and me too!  Tears were falling down my face by time I drove away. 

I also gave the vet a gift certificate w/ me for a massage. She didn't open it, (so didn't know what it was), but thanked me, & I told her that, that, pointing to it, was not an empty gesture, that I wanted her to use it, so to call me.( I had thought about doing that before, but didn't know her birthday). I also got to see her family there today. (her husband, mom, I think, newest baby, (6mo.s?) & her 4? yr. old. 

I also took the staff 2 loaves of applesauce bread/ cake. I make loaves for all my clients every year. Last yr. was gingerbread, & the yr. before was pumpkin dark choc. chip. 

Angel must have seen some birds on the porch, because he was laying down & suddenly got up & did that low crouchy sneak up run to the door. LOL!  

As you will read, the Doc said his white blood count was good today, & so was he. He went from 14.2 earlier this wk, to 14.4.            
I love this! I wish I had gotten one for myself too! It was less than 7.00! 

Last edited:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Is it possible to extend the ledge right behind the window by placing cardboard boxes? You can get those boxes from the supermarket for free (banana boxes). Arrange it like a staircase. He can relax by sitting and watching the scenery right in front of him. 

If you click the links below (in the catsite itself) it'll take you to the photographs of my late Jethro sleeping behind the window. I had five large windows, all of them equipped with cardboard staircases. The extended portion was decked with soft quilts.

Angel is a a beauty. I wish he'll get well soon.

http://www.thecatsite.com/g/i/268151/jethro-sleeping-at-the-window-overlooking-the-garden/

http://www.thecatsite.com/g/i/26815...window-overlooking-the-garden-vinstra-norway/

http://www.thecatsite.com/g/i/268434/this-was-taken-in-february-2015-he-had-just-two-months-left/

Jethro left me on April 13, 2015 and I miss him. He's waiting for me to join him at the Bridge.

Castle Cat (Late Jethro’s devoted servant
I'm sorry for your loss Castle cat. Jethro looks like he was a big fluffy boy, about the same as Angel's size & fluffiness.  
Thank you for the suggestion, but Angel likes the coziness of the corner. He does get up in the window sill & lay sometimes, so there is room for him to do that when he wants. He can also lay on my bed & look out the window. He will also lay in the living room widow sill, or on the rug in front of the glass door.

Thank you for the get well wishes!

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
Good to see positive responses, and to hear your prize Angel is eating well and taking good care of himself there with a bath.  That lovely rabbit-soft fur of his will soon recover from all these shaves:  you can check with the vets but the bit at his neck most likely is if they are taking bloods it can be easier from his neck, and they will probably want to keep the veins in his legs nice for his chemo too.  Pal always had to get bloods taken there as the veins in her legs always refused to give anything away...  she liked to keep her blood to her self.

for continued progress, and seeing Angel eating well and interested in everything going on.   Take good care of your self because Angel needs you.   

cat nap

stand with ukraine
Top Cat
Purraise
Not sure why, but when I saw these photos last night, I couldn't stop crying for a bit. It was not because I was sad, well, maybe a second or so,...but rather because I think they are so Beautiful.

They show Angel, and how Strong he is.

(I did read the google doc, today, and hope that Angel's body will get slowly used to the chemo meds, so he won't have to feel so nauseous.  Also the shaved neck, is from taking blood from the jugular vein, which my vet said was easier and faster to do. It's easier to see when shaved, and I suppose it's kept cleaner by shaving the fur, and applying alcohol or some type of antiseptic.)

(Now, I will have to go look for those photos, of Angel and that Squirrel. I know I saw them in @Draco 's thread. So it should not be so hard to find. I hope.)

Status
Not open for further replies.