Angel isn't doing well :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

donutte

Professional cat sitter extraordinaire!
Top Cat
Purraise

I am going to sign off for the night. Here it is almost 8:30 again, & I still haven't eaten dinner.  This computer is also being rediculous lately! Takes forever just to post something because I am always having to reload for some reason, The last time it did this, a friend who is good w/ computers couldn't find anything, so?? don't know.   Frustrating!
Funny, I seem to be having problems only with this site, so I run it on a different browser. Much better.

So sorry Angel is feeling worse! Hopefully the Tramadol will make him feel better soon.

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

We actually just got back from running out to the vets!  Angel was just meowing AT me like he was trying to tell me something, but just wasn't sure what. I thought maybe he was hungry, but just didn't want to eat. I watched his chest & seemed to be breathing a little rapidly, so thought maybe fluid was in his chest again. It was already 6:00, so I quickly called before they closed. I brought him in, & xray showed it was clear, so he may be starting to feel some discomfort. The vet said if he was in pain, he wouldn't have been eating  here & there today, but would be hiding away. She started him on a very small amount of pain meds, 1/8 a pill, because he is so sensitive, to see how he does. It's Tramadol. He's doesn't do well on the Buprophin (sp?) It makes him stay wide awake, for like 24 hrs!! SO, we will see how he does on this, if well, will be 1/4 a pill. 

He ate a little bit of the ground chicken, hopefully he will eat a little more later. He was down to 14.2 lbs tonight. 

She also gave him some fluids tonight.   

I am going to sign off for the night. Here it is almost 8:30 again, & I still haven't eaten dinner.  This computer is also being rediculous lately! Takes forever just to post something because I am always having to reload for some reason, The last time it did this, a friend who is good w/ computers couldn't find anything, so?? don't know.   Frustrating!
just wanting to send you and your angel
for strength, and for a good appetite for angel.

i'm glad your vet gave your angel some fluids. they really can help. 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for all the vibes you guys!  I saw that you couldn't access my google docs, so had to change the setting to share. .

Maybe it will work now.  Angel ate some of his pure bites chicken treats when I got home. I sprinkled his pro-biotic on it, so, yay, one less pill tonight.

All that's left to give him is his second dose of prednisolone in a cap along w/ the pepcid.  Just gave him 1/4 can of the Daves, & he is eating it up!  I will give him another 1/4 later tonight & see if he wants it.  (it's 3:45 here now). He was just up in his tree, washing his face. 

Oh, the pain med he is on is, Tramadol.  (but it seems to be working the same as the Buprophfin (sp??)  as far as keeping him awake.

It's really too late to go lay down at almost 4:00, but I am going to jump in the shower & do just that!   Maybe it will encourage him to as well. 

I'll check back in later, or tomorrow. 

Hugs to all of you for your support, & kitty kisses from Angel!   

Correction, I already gave him his pepcid this morning. Wanted to go ahead & cover all the bases, so he would feel better!

https://docs.google.com/document/d/10qeWsAmXQABFbU7TK1c3p9OHI3fzr_hNUdumLsvUrOA/edit?usp=sharing

Last edited:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
   For munching through some Daves, and climbing up on his tree for a bath.   
    Well done Angel.   

The link seems to open fine now.  

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
I just read your google record - Angel sounds like he is doing better? At least it seems he's eating some and keeping it down. I really hope things continue going so well. Kisses to beautiful Angel - feel better dear boy! [emoji]128008[/emoji]

fhicat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hoping Angel will be a keep doing better and pull through whatever it is he's having now. :hugs:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks MServant, Margd & FiCat,  Yes, we are going to kick cancer's butt!!!      

Here he is about an hr. ago. He's been laying in a corner behind a cabinet, & under the window

in my office where the massage table is. So, I figured I'd put one of his beds back there for him.

Boris Diamond

Cat Valet
Top Cat
Purraise
Angels mommy - I just saw this.  I wlil pray for Angel and for you, as I know it's must be difficult for you, also.  And kick cancer's butt!!!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
He looks very comfortable there. So glad to hear that he is eating and taking his meds.

Go Angel!

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So sorry to hear the news about Angel. I am sending hugs, love and prayers. :nod:

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you for the continued well wishes & prayers!  Now that Angel is eating much, much more, I feel better, but yes, I do need to take care of myself. Especially having a home cleaning business, & doing it by myself,  (so just do one a day) can be exhausting to also keep up w/ so much at home, by myself.  I like things neat & orderly, so things don't feel so out of control, & overwhelming.  I'm off today, but have a list of things to get done, then just have a brow wax client coming at 5:00. I'm waiting to vacuum until just before then hoping Angel will sleep most of the day.

This is the cabinet he has been sleeping behind, so I moved it out a little more.  The other picture is last night. 

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I am going to post a copy of that first picture here again @Angels mommy  , View media item 317132
 just because I can and because Angel looks so happy and healthy and surrounded by the most beautiful sunlight.   
 Yes, he looks like an angel.     Take it he's been feeling a little better today! 

His little den behind that cupboard looks very cozy too, but I like the window shot the best.

angels mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww, MServant, Thank you! So sweet!   Yes, he has been doing well. I think the prednisolone is making him eat a lot!  He just finished 1/3 of the 5.5 oz can, & that's what he used to get twice a day. 

Now after that, he's back there sleeping.     
     I'm so happy he has not needed any more pain meds. I am only going to give it when he is telling me, looking like he needs it. He needs rest, & they keep him up way, way too long!   He has had his 2 pred this morning, & his pro-biotic sprinkled on some treats. Now tonight he will get 1 pred in a cap w/ the 1/4 pepcid. He has not needed the anti-nausea today either, from what I can tell.     No crouching kitty today!  He was supposed to get an appetite stimulant every 3 days, which was Mon. but since he's eating well, he may not need it now.  

I'm a happy mommy!  

My client tonight gave us gift cards for Christmas.  She is the one who "babysat" Angel the one weekend I went out of town. She has been w/ me since I worked at a spa, & has a kitty too.    We always exchange gifts because he birthday is also in August, so we do B-days & Christmas. She usually gets Angel a new toy, but this year she gave him a $25.00 visa card to use for whatever he needs.

Food, the vets, etc... so that was nice. She also gave me the same amount for a grocery store. 

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.