And now, we wait (Co-Op)

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
How's it going, Draco? I know you're busy with it all.....just wanted to see how far along you were with everything. Hope it's all going well! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
How's it going, Draco? I know you're busy with it all.....just wanted to see how far along you were with everything. Hope it's all going well! :vibes:
It's going very well! yesterday, I painted the ceilings (and I am hurting this morning!), and painted the bedroom. We also went back to Lowes to pick up floor and window molding which will be done today, as well as painting the living room.
My BIL is coming as well to fix the electrical (The inspections said the wires were backwards).

I am hoping we have time to paint the kitchen and bathroom today, as well as put up new light fixtures, mirror and faucets in the bathroom.

I also picked out mini chocolate colored blinds for my sliding door in the kitchen, darker blinds for the bedroom and awesome mahogany red bamboo blind for the kitchen. Can't wait to get that installed! I have a guy coming soon to measure and install for me.

I can't wait to see it all done!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Moving day is set for this Friday.

I got a lot more painting done today. Painted the kitchen and living room. I had my dad to a little "Catification" for me! The living room window had no still. I asked him to install a window still big enough for the cats to sit on, and he happily did so for me! I figured he'd roll his eyes and grunt for doing something for the cats, lol. Hopefully this means they won't sit on my chairs to look outside, I don't want claw marks in them.

my brother in law fixed all the outlet wiring (they were backwards) and installed a light fixture in my kitchen. He's awesome!

Tomorrow I am taking a half day from work. I have no help, but I want to paint the bathroom, inside the closets and pantry, and the doors. That's pretty much it for painting. I also want to organize.. tools were all over and it got hard to find things.

My dad still needs to put the floor and window molding up, he was too tired to finish today, which is understandable!

I can't wait to take photos when it's all done!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oooo I forgot you have to move your aquarium!  That was the last thing we moved in to our new house.  And my little tank was nothing fancy.

It sounds like you will need a day off work just to rest once you are all moved in and settled! 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Thankfully it's a small tank- I have buckets with lids to make things easier to move- I am planning on moving it weds or Thursday- I need a day to do it

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Whoo hoo! my dad was able to postpone the Grand Jury Duty until March! He can help finish painting and molding!

Last edited:

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thankfully it's a small tank- I have buckets with lids to make things easier to move- I am planning on moving it weds or Thursday- I need a day to do it
Will the coral and those fragile little wormies be ok?  I'm very attached to your aquarium!  LOL
Whoo hoo! my dad was able to postpone the Grand Jury Duty until March! He can help finish painting and molding!
That's great news!!!  Moving is a great deal of work without especially when you are doing packing, decorating and mini renovations at the same time.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks all! Breaking down my tank is harder than I thought! I still have about 3 more trips up and down the stairs and I am exhausted!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Catification!

My dad cut a hole in the bedroom wall leading to the hall closet for the litter box

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
this is all so very exciting!!!

i love the "catification"!

will you post about how your cassie and monet settle in? what (you think they) think of your new home?

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Monet I'm sure will have a tough time adjusting- he will be hissing and growling. Cassie I'm sure will adjust faster. This is based on how they reacted when they went to work with me!

Of course I will tell tales. Tomorrow's official moving day! Still got to pack!

Pic of litter box closet- I still have to touch up

Last edited:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
i remember when i bought my house and was moving in the next day. at that point i was too tired to be excited, and was thinking of the unpacking. i unpacked in 4 days (doing that all day each day), every piece of furniture in place and every box unpacked/flattened/placed by the curb for pick up. on moving day, i sent mickey and snick ahead to the house with my brother, while i dealt with the movers and rode over in the cab of the moving truck. though they didn't know it then, i knew they would both love our house...and they did.

i'm so happy for you and your furbabies!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that!!  DH and I were trying to find a way to put something like that in so we could leave the doors to our laundry room closed.  We've never agreed on anything.  Right now DH wants to build a structure in the garage with an entrance from the house for the cats and a larger door on the garage side for scooping.  I've got several concerns about that.  It would have to look as nice as your entrance does; all trimmed out!  

Good luck with your big move!!