Purraise
Final walk-through and closing set for Friday! :clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Time is traveling slow now!

The official move date is the 22nd. Since my dad has grand jury duty, he wants to start painting Friday night! Get as much done as we can this weekend. Then I have all week to clean and paint more.

I want a new bathroom set and blinds so I will be doing quite a bit of shopping! Thank goodness for movers coupon deals!

peaches08

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Those mover's coupons really help out, that's for sure!

kimkats000

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
SWEET!    Now do NOT take anything over there until you see that they have all of their stuff out.  You do not want them to grab your stuff thinking it is theirs.

Please add change the locks to your list of things to do ASAP!

HUGS!

Kim

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Already got a locksmith lined up!

I have a walk through tomorrow morning- I make sure all is to contract and it's emptied- lawyer assured me it will be emptied by then

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

SWEET!    Now do NOT take anything over there until you see that they have all of their stuff out.  You do not want them to grab your stuff thinking it is theirs.

Please add change the locks to your list of things to do ASAP!

HUGS!

Kim
LOL  Reminds me of an apartment I moved into back in the early 1980's!

Before I knew how to move out of an apartment and into another, I thought you had to be out of the old apartment on the last day of the month, which posed a problem because you can't usually move into a new apartment until the 1st of the month.  Now I know you have until 12 noon on the 1st to be out of the old.

Anyway, I didn't know what to do with my stuff for one night until I could move into the new apartment. The caretaker of the new apartment building had a spare room and offered to let me put my stuff in it. I didn't have all that much at the time.

I found out after the fact, from tenants in the building, that he had tried to sell my stuff!!!

One girl had been over and saw my sewing machine (in a cabinet) and asked if I had bought it from John (the caretaker). I told her no and that it was mine.  She informed me that he had a parade of tenants in his apartment trying to sell all this stuff he had.  No one bought anything because they all thought it was "fishy".  Thank goodness!

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
LOL  Reminds me of an apartment I moved into back in the early 1980's!

Before I knew how to move out of an apartment and into another, I thought you had to be out of the old apartment on the last day of the month, which posed a problem because you can't usually move into a new apartment until the 1st of the month.  Now I know you have until 12 noon on the 1st to be out of the old.

Anyway, I didn't know what to do with my stuff for one night until I could move into the new apartment. The caretaker of the new apartment building had a spare room and offered to let me put my stuff in it. I didn't have all that much at the time.

I found out after the fact, from tenants in the building, that he had tried to sell my stuff!!!

One girl had been over and saw my sewing machine (in a cabinet) and asked if I had bought it from John (the caretaker). I told her no and that it was mine.  She informed me that he had a parade of tenants in his apartment trying to sell all this stuff he had.  No one bought anything because they all thought it was "fishy".  Thank goodness!
Wow, some people! I am glad he didn't sell your stuff after all!!

I did my walk-through this morning. All is in working order! Tonight, my dad and I will go shopping for paint and moulding. So excite! Tomorrow's closing finally!

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
IT'S FRIDAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!! 

That thought just hit me as I was thinking how I had wanted to be in bed by now; but now I'm happy I'm up!

Happy Closing Day! 

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
and I would be parking next to that Gen S-class! lol.

my closing is scheduled for 2pm.

Last night I got 11 gallons of paint and primer and such. Also got a bunch of other stuff to get us started tonight.

So excited, and so glad to share it with you guys! I can't seem to share my excitement with anyone else I work with because A. they don't need to know my business, and B. most are jealous. lol

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It is so much easier to paint an empty room.  That's really the most difficult part of painting, moving everything to the center of the room and covering everything.  If the ceiling is being painted then everything has to be moved 3 times to get the ceiling.  With an empty room it's just cover the floor and paint.

Last edited:

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
It is so much easier to paint an empty room.  That's really the most difficult part of painting, moving everything to the center of the room and covering everything.  If the ceiling is being painted then everything has to be moved 3 times to get the ceiling.  With an empty room it's just cover the floor and paint.
Exactly! We just need to cover the floors.

We will be painting the ceiling white too. it needs to be cleaned up.

I doubt anything's been updated since the 80's in that apartment. the stove and fridge must be mid 80's. counter top is not laminate, but something like it and the toilet is the old crystal, not ceramic. ew.

Draco

NOT Malfoy!
Veteran
Purraise
Whew! Closed! We already ripped out the moulding, patched walls and cleaned up bathroom and kitchen! Going to be a fun weekend!