A New "Raw"some Beginning... (yup - another one LOL)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE GOT THE FREEZER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I never thought a freezer would make so happy
Sally - only two of my six are eating 100% raw meat
BUT the freezer will come in handy for food for Larry and myself as well. My freezer space in my fridge is not big by any stretch. I think Larry was getting sick of seeing bags of cat/dog food in there. AND I was not able to buy so much frozen stuff for us because of that. So I am VERY VERY happy. It fits perfectly in the laundry room right next to the washer/dryer. The space was just made for this freezer. I got all of the coupons too from Jewel. I am going to wait to use them and hopefully look for the buy one get one free... that way we will get more for our money too
Some of the items I have never used, but for free - heck - I will try anything
Wow...that was quick!  Part of the reason DH signed off on us getting one is because I convinced him we could save money in the long run by getting lots of human food
when it goes on sale and having a place to freeze it.  After all, I also have that wonderful vacuum sealer that I picked up at a garage sale for $5 that will keep the freezer burn off stuff FOREVER
.  Too bad we don't have Jewel here for that freezer deal (but we DO have Costco for their great meat. 

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Wow...that was quick!  Part of the reason DH signed off on us getting one is because I convinced him we could save money in the long run by getting lots of human food ;) when it goes on sale and having a place to freeze it.  After all, I also have that wonderful vacuum sealer that I picked up at a garage sale for $5 that will keep the freezer burn off stuff FOREVER :lol3: .  Too bad we don't have Jewel here for that freezer deal (but we DO have Costco for their great meat. 
YEP - LOVE COSTCO... and now I can stock up on some of their great frozen foods and frozen meats. Excellent quality. IN fact - my cats are eating their raw organic vege. fed chicken. (well, three cats are :lol3:) I guess Jewel has this every year and I never noticed before :lol2: The first two years they had the freezer deal - all of the freezer's were bought on in one or two days. Each store gets about 75 freezers to sell. A great deal for sure :D :clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:think: I remember a certain someone who made me post pictures of it empty AND with meat inside hummmmm who was that certain someone??? :think: :flail: Your turn :hyper:
Twasn't me, Twas It ???!!!!! :crackup: Figures that would come back to bite me !!!!!!! :lol3:

Isn't it funny how exciting it is? :flail: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Can't wait for a picture! :D :D :D
:D Isn't it funny what excites us these days!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! A freezer of all things !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol2: Perla was terrified of the bad boy... she stared it down for about ten minutes then SSSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWWLLLLLLYYYYYYY crouched down and moved toward the freezer. :flail: I convinced her that this was all for her, the :princess: of the house. NOW if I could only get her to eat what is going inside of the bad boy freezer. :scratch: All the cat's had a great time investigating the new item in the laundry room. Fun afternoon for all. It is getting prepped to be loaded up tomorrow with food. I did take some pictures of it empty and will get a couple more when I get the food into it so Carolina can see food in it :rolleyes2: :rolleyes: :crackup: You silly tilly little girls :lol3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HEE HEE :eyebrows: I got the :princess: Perla to eat FRESH RAW CHICKEN - FP for the first time :woohoo: I mixed about 1/2 ounce in some grilled Fancy Feast chicken. I honestly think that Fancy Feast is the only way to get her to eat raw meat :sigh:..... But I am getting desperate with her to get her back on some raw meat again. So if that works - I am going to try it for a day or so and see what happens. I don't have any on hand - the FF - so will have to pick some up. I really want her to begin eating raw meat again - soon. She eats the S&C rehydrated very well - but do not want to solely feed her that.

Pipsqueak, Perkins and Presley .... did not want any EVO canned food first this morning :shocker: :shocker: :shocker: In fact, Presley just wanted the raw NVorg. chicken :thud: They took a few licks of the EVO and then headed upstairs for the raw meat :woohoo: Perkins had about two ounces!!!!!!!!!!! Presley and Pipsqueak had about 1 1/2 ounce!!!!!!! :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: I tried to add in some Nature's Menu Lamb - :nono: they just don't like the NM Lamb. They did in the beginning though - then the novelty wore off really fast on that one. In another day or so, I will be introducing the NM chicken :cross: :cross: :cross: PLEASE you four PImyA..:bigmouth:..... just LOVE the NM Chicken too like you LOVE the NVorg. chicken. I really don't want to feed them the NV OChicken forever .... :slant:

Walden and Wendall had NM Lamb and NV Chicken for breakfast. Those little carnies. I will have to try to get some video of Wendall eating the fresh organic raw chicken breast. He is SUPER SUPER chewer. It is so cute to see. I just adore my little meat lover's so very much. It warms my heart to see both Walden and Wendall enjoying their meals each and every time, every day.... :rub: :heart2: :rub: :heart2:

p.s. Moved some frozen stuff into my new freezer :woohoo: I LOVE IT!!!!! Now my upstairs freezer looks SO empty. I was able to give it a good cleaning this morning too!!! All ready for my trip to Jewel today to load up on "Larry" food :flail:.... Will take more pictures and post tonight. I need Larry's help :anon: with converting the pictures though. He takes the pictures off of my digital camera and has to adjust sizing of them on the computer and then puts them in my Photo Bucket. He tried to show me the steps involved in doing that and it was just really confusing to me :confused: :dunce: :scratch: I know.... I should learn how to do it myself.... and not rely on my :geek: hubby. :heart3:

Last edited:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG Lauren, your PIAs have come a long way :clap::clap::clap::clap: Hooray! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
You don't need to load the pictures onto photobucket anymore! Just do it straight from the computer!! Easy-breezy-freezer-girl :flail:
Here is for a successful introduction of NM chicken :cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
OMG Lauren, your PIAs have come a long way :clap::clap::clap::clap: Hooray! :clap::clap::clap::clap:
You don't need to load the pictures onto photobucket anymore! Just do it straight from the computer!! Easy-breezy-freezer-girl :flail:
Here is for a successful introduction of NM chicken :cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross::cross:
:yeah: :wow: They're really moving along now, Lauren! :clap: :clap: :clap: :cross:
:lol3:

And YES! You no longer need to put in photobucket OR resize! The "new" TCS does that for you! If you can transfer them from the camera to the computer, all you have to do now is click on the little icon in the formatting row above: https://statich.thecatsite.com/f/fc/fce222a0_Pictureicon.jpeg"insert picture" is the square box on the right. :nod: Once you click on it, it opens a dialogue box, and all you have to do is find the picture on your computer! It resizes it for you! :clap:

And :woohoo: New Freezer fun! :bigthumb: :lol3:

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
for your 4 PIAs!  and a special
to Perla for making Mommy so proud today!

I've got NM chicken AND lamb (and turkey) on order.  Did you get the organic chicken, or just the regular?  I just got the regular ('cause actually threw it in for FREE!), and I'm sure hoping everyone here will like it.  Was a little disappointed when I just read that yours are not enjoying the lamb anymore, but am hoping that it's just because they are getting tired of it

These cats are so funny.  I got some S & C salmon and chicken dinners, (FD'd), and at first no one here liked them, but today EVERYONE liked them, still in the FD'd state.  Go figure
. But at lealst that means all of mine are actually eating raw now, right? 
for my house too.   Sorry

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
HUH?????!!!!!!!! :scratch: :dunce: :think: :doh3: You mean we don't have to size the anymore???? :confused: :lol3: He just said that he has to make them 640 x 480. OH well - Larry just finished loading them on to PB..... Will get them up now - as fast as I can :clap::clap::clap::clap: Picture of Walden and Wendall on the freezer too - :rofl: those piggies.

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:yeah: :wow: They're really moving along now, Lauren! :clap: :clap: :clap: :cross:
:lol3:
And YES! You no longer need to put in photobucket OR resize! The "new" TCS does that for you! If you can transfer them from the camera to the computer, all you have to do now is click on the little icon in the formatting row above:

OH BOY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Your kidding !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Ok, well, Carolina - scratch the post I just posted to you :flail:. I will try that - BOY will that make it so much easier for me now to load pictures :woohoo: :happy3:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:flail: :flail: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap: Pictures of the freezer coming :woohoo: and bonus picture of the 2 W's on it :crackup: Can't wait!!! :woo::clap::clap::clap:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: for your 4 PIAs!  and a special :rock: to Perla for making Mommy so proud today!

I've got NM chicken AND lamb (and turkey) on order.  Did you get the organic chicken, or just the regular?  I just got the regular ('cause actually threw it in for FREE!), and I'm sure hoping everyone here will like it.  Was a little disappointed when I just read that yours are not enjoying the lamb anymore, but am hoping that it's just because they are getting tired of it :cross: . 

These cats are so funny.  I got some S & C salmon and chicken dinners, (FD'd), and at first no one here liked them, but today EVERYONE liked them, still in the FD'd state.  Go figure ;) . But at lealst that means all of mine are actually eating raw now, right?  :woohoo: for my house too.   Sorry :hijack:
Sally - I have learned real quick that what the cat's love one day they might hate the next day. Or visa-versa :rolleyes: I almost threw out meat because I thought they hated it - and then found out that if I just stop offering it for a few days and re-introduce it - they love it again.

AND, please, there is NEVER a hijack :Airplane: in the Raw Forum's..... we all are just so excited about sharing and we share all the time in each other's theads !!!!!! :woohoo: On your kitties loving the S&C Salmon and Chicken. YES - my cat's LOVE that one too :nod: Perla will eat it straight from the bag - no water needed. But I always do hydrate them anyway. Thanks for always checking in on my kitties daily eats!!!!!!! :lol3: - :hugs::rub: :hugs: :rub:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
[COLOR=#BLUE] FREEZER PICTURES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! [/COLOR] I LOVE this new freezer. AND now I plan on ordering from Hare Today :clap::clap::clap::clap: I am so excited about raw feeding - I just want ALL of my cats as eager about raw meat like Walden and Wendall. One of the pictures has both of those boys on top of the freezer. Shows me how much they love their meat. Wendall is hovering over and is trying to open the lid - from on top of the freezer. I honestly think that if he could - Wendall WOULD open that freezer. :lol2:

I LOVE THIS FREEZER - the perfect size too. It is an Igloo 5.2 cubic foot freezer.

Love the basket - it slides back and forth across the top ledge of the freezer.

Wendall already knows the "goods" are inside......

Walden also loves HIS freezer..... :lol3:

It's a happy freezer now - loaded up with some food - and much more room for MORE RAW MEATS!!!!!!!!!!! :woohoo:

Finally - Walden and Wendall (hanging over the lid, trying to open the freezer) MY TRUE CARNIES!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rub: :rub:

carolina

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:woohoo: that's so awesome! My Goodness Lauren! It looks like that freezer was made for that space! It fits perfectly! inside, it looks just like mine... I love it! And the kitties know just where to go, don't they? Oh yeah... Hare today meats to fill that baby! :clap: they will love it!
Oh, congratulations Lauren! That will make a huge difference for you on your raw adventures! :woohoo:

carmina piranha

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hooray for your freezer!  We got the same one, a few weeks ago.  (Sadly, we will be exchanging it tomorrow, but I'm sure the new one will work fine).  That laundry room spot really is perfect for it!  We stuck ours in the cat room, and they sun themselves on it.  Noone's tried to open it yet! 

If you ever want to do a field trip downtown to load up on meats, I'll show you around Peoria Packing! (I live really close).  But, if you're doing only organic meat, I don't think they sell any of that.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:woohoo: that's so awesome! My Goodness Lauren! It looks like that freezer was made for that space! It fits perfectly! inside, it looks just like mine... I love it! And the kitties know just where to go, don't they? Oh yeah... Hare today meats to fill that baby! :clap: they will love it!
Oh, congratulations Lauren! That will make a huge difference for you on your raw adventures! :woohoo:
I KNOW.... right!!!! It blew my mind that it fit perfectly in that space in the laundry room :hyper: I AM SO excited about getting more meat... I hope the kitties are too :cross: :rofl:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hooray for your freezer!  We got the same one, a few weeks ago.  (Sadly, we will be exchanging it tomorrow, but I'm sure the new one will work fine).  That laundry room spot really is perfect for it!  We stuck ours in the cat room, and they sun themselves on it.  Noone's tried to open it yet!  :shocked:

If you ever want to do a field trip downtown to load up on meats, I'll show you around Peoria Packing! (I live really close).  But, if you're doing only organic meat, I don't think they sell any of that.
Thank you!!!! How kind of you to offer :hugs: I think I will take you up on your offer sometime soon!!!! Would love to meet you and load up on meats. I will save my next styrofoam box from Nature's Menu or Hare Today - when I make an order. I didn't know you lived in Chicago :D :clap: BUT now I see it in your location :doh3: :lol3:

p.s. What happened to your freezer??? Did you get it from Jewel too?

Last edited:

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: :wow: :wow: What a BEAUTIFUL freezer! :cold: :cold: :cold: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bigthumb: It's already got the kitty-seal of approval! :flail: It fits so perfectly - obviously MEANT TO BE! :woohoo:

So did you have fun shopping at Jewel with those coupons yet? :D :cross: :lol3:

Last edited:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: :wow: :wow: What a BEAUTIFUL freezer! :cold: :cold: :cold: :clap: :clap: :clap: :bigthumb: It's already got the kitty-seal of approval! :flail: It fits so perfectly - obviously MEANT TO BE! :woohoo:
So did you have fun shopping at Jewel with those coupons yet? :D :cross: :lol3:
THANK YOU!!!! My freezer thanks you too :flail: YES!!!! I did go to Jewel yesterday and got some of the frozen free stuff. BUT I have SO much more to get. It was like a scavenger hunt - I had a blast. I am going to order more NM Turkey and also order from HT - pork and rabbit. :cross: GOSH I hope the feral's don't end up eating all of this meat :eek: Dixie is looking FAT :lol3: OH well - I am having fun and that is part of this process. I really am enjoying trying different things with the four pickies. :bigthumb:

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I guess I forgot to post my report for the day - the freezer took over :rofl:

Wendall did NOT want breakfast today :thud: :shocker: I wondered if he was sick - but then he came in the kitchen asking for more food shortly after I cleaned up :dk: MY GOD - I hope he is not getting picky :paranoid: :nervous: NO - I am sure he was just still full from his pigfest from the night before. I don't think he is TOO fond of NM Lamb - as that is what I offered Walden and Wendall. Anyway - he did eat some NV chicken with fresh raw chicken so I was happy.

The four PIA's - had Fromm Salmon and then upstairs for the raw meal... Presley also didn't want much food this morning :dk:... He only had about .50 ounce of NV chicken. Pipsqueak and Perkins had 2 ounces :thud: Pipsqueak is such a pig when diving in to eat the meat. He love NV org. chicken now.... I am almost out of NM turkey and will be ordering some more soon. I STILL have to try the NM chicken. Will thaw some tomorrow and start that on Thursday. :cross: I hope they like it since chicken seems to be a favorite.

DINNER :woohoo: :jump: Everyone had cut up fresh raw chicken pieces mixed in with the Weruva Paw Lickin Chicken. I honestly don't think they even knew that chicken was mixed in. I am having some good luck with the raw chicken. Pipsqueak, Perla or Presley will not eat it as is - but if I mix it in something yummy, I don't think they can detect it. Walden, Wendall and Perkins LOVE LOVE the raw chicken. I am going to start offering them a little more of that each day. I am not going FP though :eek: - I just want them to start enjoying some real fresh meat. Thinking of trying the Turkey thigh too. OH BOY this is just TOO much fun - and now that I have that FREEER - I want to load up... just hope I have some taker's :lol3: :cross:

Dinner for Walden and Wendall - NV Lamb and the fresh chicken. Both boys cleaned their plate :clap:

Bedtime meal - as usual - the rehydrated S&C patties. Tonight is Duck :yummy: :rub:

Last edited: