3rd Kitten was born, Please help me.. again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much blood is mom discharging? Please describe in detail.

Excellent news the kitten is eating so well for you!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2

@talkingpeanut

Enough to put streaks on the cardboard every now and then. I haven't seen it stop. Getting a bit worried.

And also the kitten's urine is green, not a definite green but it is green 

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You seem to be upsetting mom a lot!  Don't hold the kitten over her or make her think that you are taking it away.  She doesn't need to be jumping for her kitten right now.  It's also only going to make her more possessive and potentially rough.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I am not able to access your link. Please post it on You Tube.

The green urine is indicative of a possible liver problem. Hoping it will clear up now that the kitten is eating well.

As I mentioned, the blood should become less and less. If it is a large amount she will need to see the vet.

Last edited:

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I have not seen the video, but you should only handle the kitten long enough to feed it. Otherwise it needs to be with its mother and you need to leave both of them alone.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have not seen the video, but you should only handle the kitten long enough to feed it. Otherwise it needs to be with its mother and you need to leave both of them alone.

Just tell me how much blood there is.
Do you have a google account?  I think if you log in to your gmail you will be able to see these videos.

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
That doesn't look like postpartum hemorrhage. It's dark in color and looks tacky to the touch, looks more like regular spotting to me. Hemorrhage would be bright red, profuse, liquidy, and sometimes smell or have pus.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@MingsMongols  Thank you, @talkingpeanut  @sarthur2  Oh trust me I only did that to show you what the kitten looks like now. I only feed it, burp it, back to mom. 

@sarthur2  A liver problem!? You're breaking my heart now! What shall I do about it? The kitten is clearly too small for any kind of medicine, I'm super worried now.. I hope it survives.. What can I do to help it with this liver problem? Also she has not done a number 2 yet in her life.

Last edited:

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You do nothing. It may work itself out or even be a result from the delayed birth. Trying to figure out what the problem is to begin with may require extensive testing and seperation from momma that the kitten couldn't survive.

Take care of what's in your power to control. Make sure the room their in is small and very warm, make sure momma has adequate nutrition, and make sure the Kitten is getting fed at regular intervals and that your stimulating bowel and urine movements after.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As I said, now that the kitten is eating well, the urine should clear soon. There is nothing else you can do except try not to worry too much.

Mom should be licking and cleaning the kitten's pees and poops. You may not see it.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'll try and do that I guess. And I think she is cleaning the kitten because I havent had to clean much, idk.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You do nothing. It may work itself out or even be a result from the delayed birth. Trying to figure out what the problem is to begin with may require extensive testing and seperation from momma that the kitten couldn't survive.

Take care of what's in your power to control. Make sure the room their in is small and very warm, make sure momma has adequate nutrition, and make sure the Kitten is getting fed at regular intervals and that your stimulating bowel and urine movements after.
Now that you remind me, mom is not getting the nutrition she needs.. She barely eats or drinks water. She has royal canin mother and baby cat food but she won't touch it, just smells it and leaves it..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are you feeding mom wet cat food? She really needs it! Dry food is not enough. She looks very thin.

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't think mom feels safe or relaxed.  The nest needs to be in a dark and quiet place.  Mom needs to be able to eat and use her litter box.  She also needs to relax with her kitten.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
sukablyat sukablyat

When do you sleep? This thread was begun 21 hours ago, and you have been posting almost every hour. You must be exhausted.

Last edited:

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Mom does not indeed feel safe or relaxed and I cannot do anything about it because the moment I try and move either mom or daughter off the top of the shelf she tries to violently grab kitten and run up to the wardrobe. She has her own room and food and water and a box, but she hasn't been using either one of those things, I'll introduce wet food to her today and get her to eat it. I sleep right abouuuuutttt now. But she is in a safe and quiet and dark place because shes in the box my computer came in.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Try getting kitten settled in a nest or that box in a better location.  You can put the box on its side and drape a tshirt over it.  Move her out of the room with the wardrobe.  You have to find a way to help mom relax.  It needs to be a priority.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Try getting kitten settled in a nest or that box in a better location.  You can put the box on its side and drape a tshirt over it.  Move her out of the room with the wardrobe.  You have to find a way to help mom relax.  It needs to be a priority.
I honestly dont know how to go about doing this.. I tried moving the box but mom wanted to go up again. I think because the other 2 of its kids died on the ground it is not keen on going to the ground.. Any tips?

lexlovescats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Can you move her to a separate bedroom or a bathroom, set up the nest there, and close the door?

Status
Not open for further replies.