3rd Kitten was born, Please help me.. again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@talkingpeanut  

@StefanZ  

@sarthur2

Guys the cat is super dehydrated, I pulled its skin a bit and it would not even go back until I put it back in... 

by the cat i mean the newborn.

Last edited:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

@sarthur2  ye that's not really available easily here, i mean a city 80km away might sell it but uh, here no way, I'll try and borrow it from a shopkeeper or something but its unlikely sadly. Is there another way I could weight it? I'd guess not..
You could probably make do some scale the old fashion way, as they were when I was a kid. Or rather, when granddad was s kid.  Use some sort of balancing scale, on the one side you put on known weights, on the other side the kitten.   Are you any experienced with math?   Its alike the equations.

X =  something.   You can manipulate as you wish, as long the you make the same change on both sides    And by this manipulation you will in the end get the X bare against an known number.

An old fashion scale is an exact illustration of the mathematical equations...

It wont be entirely exact though, unless you are very good  scale maker...   And have  weights so you can measure grammes exactly...

But you perhaps have products where you know exactly how much they are supposed to weigh.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@StefanZ  yes I'll definitely go DIY Youtube it, my main concern rn is how dehydrated it is, I'll do a video 2 seconds..

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Is the kitten nursing its mother? It needs to be with her as much as possible. If it is not nursing, then feed it with the syringe. Drop by drop.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2  It's always with her, it tries to nurse as well but idk if it's actually getting fed anything.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2  I was woken up by its meowing at around 7:25 AM 27th march, it is now 12:38 AM 28th march.

In this period it has been fed by me a total of 2-2.5ml approximate KMR. I do not know if the mother has fed it anything or not.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can certainly try to feed the kitten yourself. This is why a scale is handy.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Woohoo it has now drank 2.7ml of kmr... :D

It's still nowhere near enough but atleast it is still getting something in its system.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2  Will do! I request to have this thread open incase I need to post again (hopefully not) lest a problem rises or something.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
We will be here for you. Please keep us updated on the kitten's progress. This one will hopefully remain healthy.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If the baby is deyhydrated, just formula won't do. Can you get rehydration salts? Like what you would give a small child with bad diarrhea/vomiting? Usually it's available at a drugstore, either as a premixed liquid solution or as a packet of powder that you mix with water. If you can, use that solution to make the formula instead of plain water. And keep giving one drop at a time (or more), as often as possible.

Are you sure the local shops don't have small scales for sale? Most people use them in the kitchen, I would think they would be sold somewhere local.

Last edited:

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@Willowy  Yeah I just sent out my dad to the stores to check, he said they aren't available. So uh, can you point me to the name of this thing for dehydration?

mingsmongols

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
You can't test dehydration in Kittens using the tent test. They don't have enough fat yet for it to bounce back. It takes a couple days for their to be enough fat to get that effect. Look at it's gums instead. They should be pink and moist.

Last edited:

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@MingsMongols  Idk I read that  it works on wikihow or something, I'll take your advice though, you seem smarter than a website..

@Willowy  Apparently he's not dehydrated? If he is I will be sure to check it out thank you very much

--UPDATE--

AMAZING NEWS GUYS, HE HAS TAKEN A RECORD BREAKING 0.7CC IN ONE FEEDING AT 3:25 AM 28TH MARCH, I FEEL HAPPY AS HELL!

Mom's bleeding has not stopped, and I almost got scared to death when mom's blood got on kitten's ear.. 

BUT YAY 0.7cc IN ONE FEEDING!!!!!!!! 

@StefanZ  CELEBRATE @talkingpeanut  CELEBRATE @sarthur2  IM NOT FORGETTING YOU!

@Margd  CELEBRATE YOU LEGEND <3

Last edited:

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

@MingsMongols  Idk I read that  it works on wikihow or something, I'll take your advice though, you seem smarter than a website..

@Willowy  Apparently he's not dehydrated? If he is I will be sure to check it out thank you very much

--UPDATE--

AMAZING NEWS GUYS, HE HAS TAKEN A RECORD BREAKING 0.7CC IN ONE FEEDING AT 3:25 AM 28TH MARCH, I FEEL HAPPY AS HELL!

Mom's bleeding has not stopped, and I almost got scared to death when mom's blood got on kitten's ear.. 

BUT YAY 0.7cc IN ONE FEEDING!!!!!!!! 

@StefanZ  CELEBRATE @talkingpeanut  CELEBRATE @sarthur2  IM NOT FORGETTING YOU!

@Margd  CELEBRATE YOU LEGEND <3
You can tell how hydrated he is based on the color of his urine.

And that's great on the eating!  Are you helping the kitten to eliminate?

Is mom bleeding any more than she was?

Status
Not open for further replies.