3rd Kitten was born, Please help me.. again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@lexlovescats  Tried that but again, she's very violent with grabbing the kitten, she grabs the kitten and runs around the room looking for a place to nest, It's not really working, even when I put the box there.

-Update-

She drank today 0.87cc but it did come out of her nose a bit, my fault I overfed.. Sorry.

She also pooped... sadly, it was black, with a tiny bit of blood. And urine is still green.

I called up the vet and told him, he said as long as she is eating not to worry.

Hope & Pray for the best guys. First poop didn't go so well.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Please do not overfeed. Milk coming out of the nose is not good. If the kitten aspirates formula into its lungs it will get pneumonia and die.

The black stool and green pee are from the issues with the liver. All you can do is continue on. Nothing the vet can do. Hopefully the kitten gets healthier. The fact it is eating well is a good sign.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
@sarthur2   If I don't overfeed she actually only wants to take like 0.2-0.1 or sometimes 0.5 cc at 1 feeding.. do I just continue like that?

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The kitten has stopped eating. Hes going cold and mom abandoned him. Mom most likely knows he is going to pass. Ive prepared myself for the worst.
I'm sorry guys. I tried and will keep trying.
Close this thread I guess.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, keep trying, sometimes it's possible to pull them back. Keep her warm. Hold her in your shirt if the mama cat will allow it, or put a lamp over the nest, whatever you have that's warm (of course, being careful not to burn or overheat the kitten). And keep placing one little drop of formula at a time in her mouth. She may have something wrong inside, but maybe not, and warmth and sustenance are the most important things.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Please don't close the thread yet. Keep asking questions. You're doing your best.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I tried. I havent slept in 24+ Hours.
I'm sorry. I tried. I feel the worst for this one because it was healthy and definitely had a shot if mom produced milk.

sukablyat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also vet Says mom has no more babies.

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww.  I am so sorry .  You tried so hard, honestly, you did everything possible.  My heart goes out to you. 

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I tried. I havent slept in 24+ Hours.
I'm sorry. I tried. I feel the worst for this one because it was healthy and definitely had a shot if mom produced milk.
Im sorry, deeply sorry I do feel with you.   Still.  If there will be any next time - perhaps with a rescued homeless - you will be more knowleable. better armed.  These here two Deaths shall not be in wain, and the pains suffered  shall give  and make good some elsewhere.

RIP Little one!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So very sorry. The kitten was not healthy. She had black poop tinged with blood and green pee. That was liver problems. I was hoping she could overcome it, but apparently it was not meant to be. It was not your fault.

How is the mother cat doing? Please get her spayed soon. And you need to rest.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I'm so sorry. RIP little one. :rbheart:

If you have any questions about the mother cat, please do start another thread. Please get her spayed as soon as you can as well.

I will now close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.