mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

That cracked me up!
He thought it was HIS toy!
My remedy to that was...I bought TWO of the things I bought for my santee's kitty(ies?). One for them and one for my furbabies. Afterall, they needed to test it out, right?

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
OK, I have another question, this time it's really a technical question, but I'm asking it here, because this thread is probably the most read one out there

How do you get more than one quote in your reply? I see many of you have several quotes listed and respond to them all at once. I can't figure out how to do that, so have to respond to one at a time. I know, I know, I am technically challenged, but at least I finally figured out how to even DO the "quote" thing. I am quite impressed with myself
. Now I'm ready to increase my knowledge.

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by mrsgreenjeens

OK, I have another question, this time it's really a technical question, but I'm asking it here, because this thread is probably the most read one out there

How do you get more than one quote in your reply? I see many of you have several quotes listed and respond to them all at once. I can't figure out how to do that, so have to respond to one at a time. I know, I know, I am technically challenged, but at least I finally figured out how to even DO the "quote" thing. I am quite impressed with myself
. Now I'm ready to increase my knowledge.
When you want to respond to more than one person at a time... look at the bottom of their post and the three boxes. Going from left to right the first box will quote that one person and let you respond to them. The second box has the little plus sign with the " on it... You click that once and it turns red, that says quote this one AS WELL, you click that on as many as you want to respond to in that one thread and the last one you want to do, click on the first one again! then all will be in your window to respond to all individually in one post! Hope that helps!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS, I had to run some errands today (including a trip to the grocery store). There may or may not have been some yummy chocolate on sale that I may or may not have bought for you!

GoldyCat

Staff Member
Purraise

My remedy to that was...I bought TWO of the things I bought for my santee's kitty(ies?). One for them and one for my furbabies. Afterall, they needed to test it out, right?
I tried that. However, Merlin thought he was supposed to test everything.

cruisermaiden

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sillyitiliangrl

don't be sad, I'm sure it will keep going until the last gift arrives.... so January? Then the new antipation thread can start soon after!.... maybe a support group in between for SS withdrawal.
Maybe we could do a second secret santa. Christmas in July! Instead of warm blankies and scarves we could send t-shirts and flip-flops. The chocolate might melt though.... maybe they could come out with high-melt chocolate, like they have for glue guns? Or maybe we could send taffy and hard candies instead.

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

Maybe we could do a second secret santa. Christmas in July! Instead of warm blankies and scarves we could send t-shirts and flip-flops. The chocolate might melt though.... maybe they could come out with high-melt chocolate, like they have for glue guns? Or maybe we could send taffy and hard candies instead.
I would be SOOOOO up for that!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My dear SS,

Today I went to the local shelter and bought something for you! Not only do I hope you like it, but the money for it went to support the shelter, so I felt good both ways.

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Santee-

I think I have found a perfect gift for you. I've been searching for awhile, but I finally found something from the heart. I hope you enjoy the ___________!

Love, Santa

vampcow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Dear Santee....

I have been shopping for the prefect gift for you and as luck would have it there are a tons of _________ going on this weekend near my home in ________. So i will stop by and see if I can also add some handcrafted ______ to your gift.

I am also having a hard time fitting _______ into a box.......and the guy at the post office gave me a really weird look when I asked him how to fit_______ into the box. I asked to see the manager but he was out to lunch so I shall try another day.

gemlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Dear SS, tonight Ranger and I did a little shopping after his training class. We picked up ____ and ____ furbaby related items!
Remind him that what you bought is for kitties, not naughty puppies!
He tried to abscond with one you got my darlings last year.

Originally Posted by butzie

Dear Secret Santee,

I finished shopping, packing and wrapping, but when will I send it? And does it have chocolate in there for you?
You will send it ASAP and of course, there is chocolate inside.

Originally Posted by mrblanche

OK, so the consensus is for me to wait until after Thanksgiving to send my SS gift!

So, if you're my Santee, tough luck if you wanted it early! Blame all the other women here...
Darn those other women!

Originally Posted by 3CatsN1Dog

Darn all those women...Im a darksider from the tips of my toes to the tippy top of my head...and now Ive gotta wait...No fair Mike NO FAIR!!
MAIL MAIL MAIL MAIL!!!

Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh my gosh, I know! I think this is my...fifth? year...I have stuff all around my office. "Oh, that's from my secret santa". LOL
My fifth year, too. Would put some of the items out for display but the White Tornado often has other ideas.

mrsgreenjeens

Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

My dear SS,

Today I went to the local shelter and bought something for you! Not only do I hope you like it, but the money for it went to support the shelter, so I felt good both ways.
Oh, how sweet...you are sending someone another kitty? (isn't that what one gets at the shelter??) I would love another kitty, but not sure how my kitties would feel about that

Originally Posted by SillyJilly

When you want to respond to more than one person at a time... look at the bottom of their post and the three boxes. Going from left to right the first box will quote that one person and let you respond to them. The second box has the little plus sign with the " on it... You click that once and it turns red, that says quote this one AS WELL, you click that on as many as you want to respond to in that one thread and the last one you want to do, click on the first one again! then all will be in your window to respond to all individually in one post! Hope that helps!!
Thank you! looks like it worked. Yippee!!

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Oh, how sweet...you are sending someone another kitty? (isn't that what one gets at the shelter??) I would love another kitty, but not sure how my kitties would feel about that
If only it were that easy! I'd be sending you guys kitties all the time! All of my fosters would be adopted faster than I could blink. But alas, no, it's not a kitty.

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CruiserMaiden

there actually IS a high-melt chocolate - not sure how it would taste, tho...or where you would buy it!
tropical chocolate

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by vampcow

Dear Santee....

I have been shopping for the prefect gift for you and as luck would have it there are a tons of _________ going on this weekend near my home in ________. So i will stop by and see if I can also add some handcrafted ______ to your gift.

I am also having a hard time fitting _______ into a box.......and the guy at the post office gave me a really weird look when I asked him how to fit_______ into the box. I asked to see the manager but he was out to lunch so I shall try another day.
OMG! That is hilarious!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS, last night my boyfriend Jack got in on the SS fun too!
We went to ____ and ____ to shop for the last few things on my list for you! While we were at ____, I picked up ____, a _____, and a ____ of ____ for you! When we left there, we went to ____. After a lady almost killed me with her shopping cart, I decided this SS shopping can be dangerous!
No worries though, after a very smug look and a "bless your heart" from me, I was able to escape the path of the crazy lady and continue shopping with Jack (who was laughing hysterically at that point and made a comment about women shoppers- that almost cost him his neck!
)! Anways, once I escaped the crazy shoppers, he helped me pick out a lovely ____ for you and said that you should love it because it matches the color(s) you like

I also picked up wrapping paper last night! Hummmm now all I have to decide is when I should wrap and mail things off....Are you a dark sider or a light sider??

alleygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

I also picked up wrapping paper last night! Hummmm now all I have to decide is when I should wrap and mail things off....Are you a dark sider or a light sider??
I will be whatever you want me to be!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
First I switched boxes...and now...another executive decision...I'm switching the wrapping paper! The paper I bought doesn't look as good wrapped as it does on the roll.

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
Dear SS,
I have a bit of a dilemma. Today I had this great idea of something I'd like to make for you, but my craft room is currently torn up for a renovation...so, do I start making the ________ and hope I finish the reno and get everything back together in time to finish and mail it, or do I focus on making you __________ instead?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I know I am half-asleep as I got up really early for in-service this morning, but I could have sworn I saw an advertisement with images of llamas right here on TCS! They were standing in front of a castle or something! I am exhausted, but I know llamas when I see them!
They are gone now, replaced by a World Warcraft ad.