2010 Secret Santa Discussion Thread!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Dear SS,
I have a bit of a dilemma. Today I had this great idea of something I'd like to make for you, but my craft room is currently torn up for a renovation...so, do I start making the ________ and hope I finish the reno and get everything back together in time to finish and mail it, or do I focus on making you __________ instead?
Do which ever is easier on you! I'll like it no matter what!!!

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by StarryEyedTiGeR

Dear SS, last night my boyfriend Jack got in on the SS fun too!
We went to ____ and ____ to shop for the last few things on my list for you! While we were at ____, I picked up ____, a _____, and a ____ of ____ for you! When we left there, we went to ____. After a lady almost killed me with her shopping cart, I decided this SS shopping can be dangerous!
No worries though, after a very smug look and a "bless your heart" from me, I was able to escape the path of the crazy lady and continue shopping with Jack (who was laughing hysterically at that point and made a comment about women shoppers- that almost cost him his neck!
)! Anways, once I escaped the crazy shoppers, he helped me pick out a lovely ____ for you and said that you should love it because it matches the color(s) you like

I also picked up wrapping paper last night! Hummmm now all I have to decide is when I should wrap and mail things off....Are you a dark sider or a light sider??
Hmmmm...use your best judgement and decide what I need most at the time!

Originally Posted by Ms. Freya

Dear SS,
I have a bit of a dilemma. Today I had this great idea of something I'd like to make for you, but my craft room is currently torn up for a renovation...so, do I start making the ________ and hope I finish the reno and get everything back together in time to finish and mail it, or do I focus on making you __________ instead?
I'll be happy with whatever you decide to do! It is the thought that counts.

Dear SS,

I went to _________ on Sunday and found tons of __________. I got so excited I didn't know what to buy so I just got ___________ and hope you will enjoy it! I don't know if you are a dark sider or light sider, but I think I'll just surprise you instead so that I keep you guessing!

sillyjilly

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I went through my box of goodies for my SS today and did some rearranging and make sure I still had room for _____________ and ________ and ____________ and I talked with ______ and figured out what I am going make and it's going to be ___________... I think you will love it!!!!

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am putting together my SS gift as well, I have some really nice --------, and some ------- I know ----------- kitties will absolutely love! Just need to pic up a few personal ----- that ------------ has told a SS snooper they enjoy and Maia and I are set!

snake_lady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I think I need to start some wrapping. Perhaps that will stop me from getting into the chocolate

and it will help me make sure I have everything I wanted to send my santee.

I wonder if my santee is a lightsider or darksider, hmmm, is that on the hints thread?

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I really need to finish my wrapping...lol...I have one more thing to get and I already found it but in my SS procrastinating spirit I didnt buy it last night....I probably should have lol.

Chris- Ill be whatever you want me to be...But if you want me to be an honest lightsider....you will have much better luck trying to aim for weekend arrival so BF can rip it out of my hands and hide it from me. I truely am a darksider at heart...I will admit I stalked the mailbox the day my last Nora Roberts book was to arrive...I think I checked for it about 10 times that day knowing full well the mail doesnt arrive till 1030 at the earliest!!!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Reckon when I'll ship?

Today is a holiday and the box only has to go _________________, so there's no hurry, is there?

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Me, again! I've been wrapping on and off all evening...I'm terrible at wrapping, Santee...but I've done fairly well at keeping Daisy's hot little hands out of gifts.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter and I have been wrapping toniht, just a couple more bits to et and I will be posting soon
x

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just popping in to say I haven't started shopping

I will definitely get it out in the mail in time, but how? I don't know!

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
My package is on its merry way! I just hope it arrives safely and my Santee likes it. There was a lot of last minute stuffing...I had to re-wrap because things just didn't fit in the box as planned. Now I'm worried about squished presents, torn paper, llama escapes, all sorts of terrible scenarios....

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I have the "too many presents for the box" problem
x
DH came in after I had everything wrapped and said "there is no way that's going to fit in that box." And he was right. I did manage to fit it all, but some things had to be taken out of their boxes.

And if Green Bean escapes, I'm going to pretend I don't know who he is.

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have a couple more things to buy and there is just no way its going to fit
I have also been looking at postal prices, OMG, I have decided to go with a courier rather than standard post here, much cheaper and tracked! x

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Finished my shopping today and got some REALLY cute things at a local craft fair.
Dana actually made me stop buying because he said I had bought enough.
I think I'll be shipping sometime next week.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Ruthyb

I have a couple more things to buy and there is just no way its going to fit
I have also been looking at postal prices, OMG, I have decided to go with a courier rather than standard post here, much cheaper and tracked! x
My sweet Mom paid 1/2 the postage for me. I sold some stuff at a yardsale to raise money for the other half. Now I will worry until my Santee posts that it arrives. And I am rehearsing:

"What do you mean, a llama on the loose? Officer, I have never seen that llama before in my life! Though you might want to refer to him as Green Bean when you are trying to catch him."