2010 Secret Santa Discussion Thread!

mbjerkness

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Took a parcel to the post office yesterday. I hope somebody doesn't mind the black hair on the tape. I had some help wrapping the package. not the kittys but my little dog bear thought the package need a little fur.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by mbjerkness

Took a parcel to the post office yesterday. I hope somebody doesn't mind the black hair on the tape. I had some help wrapping the package. not the kittys but my little dog bear thought the package need a little fur.
Daisy kept trying to sit on things that didn't really need to be sat on. But she was really good this year.

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dear SS, everytime I go somewhere I wind up finding more things to include in your package!
Take today for instance, Jack and I went to _____ and I couldn't resist buying the two ___ of ___ I found that would be perfct for you!!!

laureen227

Darksome Duo!
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by -_aj_-

Yeah I have the box problem to lol I'm finishing my wrapping tomorrow
don't know yet whether i'll have that problem - nothing's even wrapped, yet! also, still have to make the home-baked treats for the human... maybe i'll get to that next weekend, then i can wrap & pack.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Kailie

Finished my shopping today and got some REALLY cute things at a local craft fair.
Dana actually made me stop buying because he said I had bought enough.
I think I'll be shipping sometime next week.
I love craft fairs!

jane&meow

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This thread makes me all excited for Chrsitmas

Obviously I'm not taking part this this year, but I have a question related to shipping, and figured you guys may be able to help
I want to ship UK to US, a parcel - I'm not sure how much it would weigh yet, 500g-1kg maybe? Any ideas on costs (roughly, I know you can't give exact.. but more £10 or £30? lol) and customs forms and stuff?? Thanks! (and if you sneaky UK people are hiding your locations due to this and don't want to give it away, could you PM me please?? I know it's not related to this SS, but some help really would be nice! Thank you
)

kailie

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well my local post office was open, so I decided to send my Santee their parcel today!
I even did some wrapping!
It should arrive at it's destination by the end of the week or early next.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have any idea when my Santee's box will arrive. DH sent something to California a few days ago and I was shocked by how quick it got there. As for my packing, I don't think I have much of a future in the mail order business.

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Going to _____ tonight to hopefully pick up the last thing Ive been procrastinating on, got everything wrapped last night (the last thing doesnt get wrapped). Got the box, got the unbelievably HUGE item stuffed and compacted into the box with enough room to get the last thing in there....Im hoping to ship it out this weekend since this payday isnt consumed by bills.

Im so nervous about my SS getting the box...(please like it please like it please pretty please with a cherry on top like it) SS-dont let the box worry you...it may be small but it barely closes lol..I gotta use TONS of tape so it doesnt explode..LOL

rianna

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Dear Santee,
I picked a couple of things for you at ________. I couldn't decide between a _______ and a ______________, so I just got you both. It's very difficult to restrain myself from sending you these gifts, but I want you to have something to look forward to opening closer to Christmas. I may or may not of sent you something already.

Happy squirming!
-Santa

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
you all are a big bunch of over-achievers
I'm with Natalie, I've barely begun shopping!!

ruthyb

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh dear, my box is far too heavy, I think I am goin to have to re-think and mail in parts
x

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Hooray! My final internet order has arrived. Now I can think about finishing up my baking and start thinking about boxes. Hmmm....maybe I should think about boxes before I bake...I DO want my ___________ to arrive nice and fresh. I guess they can't still be warm from the oven, but they can be as fresh as I can possibly get them, no? And I'd better put a note on them to "open immediately", just in case my person is a lightsider. Wouldn't want them to want until Christmas day and open a box of stale ______________.

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I miss the box now that it's been mailed. If it was still here, I would have kept shopping and shopping....

3catsn1dog

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Its official BF and I decided that this Saturday we will be mailing out the package........Im so excited and nervous all at the same time. Now Ive got to plan out my 'hints' in the card...I do know that the _____ I used is a big hint and hopefully my santee will get the hint....I dont want to hide that its me but I dont want it to be a dead giveaway either!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by nurseangel

I miss the box now that it's been mailed. If it was still here, I would have kept shopping and shopping....
Oh my goodness! I just realized I need to set up my llama feeding station in preparation. And maybe buy a little knitted cap...

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

Oh my goodness! I just realized I need to set up my llama feeding station in preparation. And maybe buy a little knitted cap...
Please do! Green Bean is expecting all that. And if you wish, you may change his name to Snow Pea. That was really my first choice.