11 day old kitten questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have seen her start dry heaving twice. 11 weeks old. No vaccinations and food hasn't changed. Boyfriend just told me he caught her eating off of a stick of butter on the counter last night...... How bad is that?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Not bad. I was going to ask if she maybe got into something. The butter is rich and could cause tummy upset.

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She is also being fairly lethargic. She usually splits her time between playing and lounging but haven't seen much play out of her. We introduced 2 new rescue kittens around the same age 2 days ago. They were given a clean bill of health by the vet before the introduction. Could it just be stress? Little hissing but nothing other than that.

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I also had to bathe them all tonight due to fleas but I only used blue dawn...

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not yet. They have appointments already set though. If had her and her brother and sister since they were born. Strictly inside cats and until 2 days ago hasn't been in contact with any outside cats. The two I brought in have been tested for feline leukemia and a number of other things and came back negative for all of them. I'm wondering if she got a hold of something I don't know about...

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, I have appointments set for all. I had to postpone them. I endured a 2nd/3rd degree burn across 1/3 of my abdomen. Of been out of commission for a couple weeks

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The white foam is from a sour stomach. I've seen it from adult cats, but not usually kittens. Will she drink water?

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I haven't seen her but was just contemplating getting a bottle of water to her just in case. She isn't even really laying down. Just sitting there between her sleeping siblings with her eyes closed

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like she may not feel well. Does she still take a bottle?

What time do you feed again?

Last edited:

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No, she eats on her own. Always has access to dry and she gets 1/3rd of a can 3 times a day. She missed her last canned meal. I did syringe her some water though. Just in case she isn't drinking.

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
You guys! She greeted me at the door this morning like normal. She is playing, climbing, purring, nuzzling, giving me kisses, and head butting my phone out of my hand as I type this. She is really alert and talking normally! She is also eating and drinking! So just upset tummy?

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks again for talking me through it! I know how quickly things can go downhill. She had me so worried!