11 day old kitten questions

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hello all. The kittens are all wonderful joyous balls of energy these days. I have another question though. They have been on the newborn to 6 weeks formula of kmr. They are 5.5 weeks now. The store was out of the newborn formula today but had 2 other kinds. One is called 2nd step (4-8 weeks) and the other had no age listed. I went with the 2nd step as they are in that age range. I didn't read the instructions till I got home and am confused. It says to mix with kmr and not to give them the mixture in a bottle. They are still uses to getting some bottle feedings throughout the day! Does anyone have experience with this stuff?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Can you return it and get the basic KMR at another store? The stage two may upset their tummies since they are not used to it. I generally recommend sticking with the basic KMR. It has everything young kittens need.

Last edited:

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I ask because the one I have been using is almost 30 and the other two are 12. Same brand, same size. I tried to upload pictures of the ones I am referring to but I couldn't get them to upload....

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Either the first $12 KMR or the $30 KMR is fine.

I'm sorry you're not able to post photos right now, but the links worked! [emoji]128522[/emoji]

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I think they might have been rejected due to copyrights. Thanks so much for bearing with me though!

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is that a breakaway collar?  You want to be super careful with little ones!

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
They really do! That picture is precious and calendar-worthy! [emoji]128149[/emoji]

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yes it is. Snaps open super easy. They just have the run of the house while we are home so the bells really help. Thanks, she is so cute and such a ham that her pictures always turn out well

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
OH HOW PRECIOUS IS THAT!!!!  Yes, I yelled it sitting here at my computer!  OK..adorable kitten pic.  You might not have been advised, but I am utterly addicted to kittens' tail, so if you can manage a shot of the backside at some point, I would just swoon with joy!  Think I'm kidding?  Just ask @HelloMissKitty.  She knows.  Alas, I've gotten her hooked on kitten tails, as well.  Won't you be our enabler?

hellomisskitty

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH HOW PRECIOUS IS THAT!!!!  Yes, I yelled it sitting here at my computer!  OK..adorable kitten pic.  You might not have been advised, but I am utterly addicted to kittens' tail, so if you can manage a shot of the backside at some point, I would just swoon with joy!  Think I'm kidding?  Just ask @HelloMissKitty
.  She knows.  Alas, I've gotten her hooked on kitten tails, as well.  Won't you be our enabler?
Yes, please we are looking to be enabled! You clearly have some prime adorable babies there so I'm guessing their itty bitty tails must just be out of this world cute [emoji]10084[/emoji]️[emoji]128571[/emoji][emoji]10084[/emoji]️

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Oooooo ill work on that! We will call it project kitten tail! Ha! Ill be back!

chrikc1

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
This should be a fun post! What are the "necessities" and additional fun things I should include in the kitties cat room? They spend a lot of time out with us in the living room (where we have additional toys, scratching posts, and litter boxes) but I want the time they spend in their room to be as enriching and fun as possible. I will post a picture of what if done so far. Any and all suggestions are welcome! Please comment with you and your babies must haves!